PETROL-FOOD-BEER: Around the World with Austin Vince

burnside
Edited Date/Time 10/16/2012 2:02am
I took the liberty of posting this in moto because I thought you guys would like it, and technically they are on dirt bikes Wink Plus its the off season and I know a lot of you have bikes in your garage that could take you on a trip like this!

We just finished this little film with a guy called Austin Vince... him and 8 mates rode around the world in the mid 90s on DR350s. Pretty inspirational stuff and easier to relate to these guys than Ewan McGregor & co..

|
Katoom72
10/15/2012 9:25am
The McGregor hype is sutch a farce, IMO.
What these guys did is real adventure riding, props to them!
burnside
10/15/2012 9:52am
I must say I did enjoy the first series.. the second BBC one was well over produced though.

Only downside is I think (Like Austin says) it skews peoples perception into thinking you need a 10k BMW and a support crew.
Big
10/15/2012 10:17am
Or a Husky?.........Couldn't help it! Ok?Whistling
jamma10
10/15/2012 10:18am
Thanks for posting that. Two of my dads mates are preparing a similar trip to 'Long Way Down' and riding down to Africa next year so I've forwarded the link on.

I'd love to do something like that one day. A mate of mine rode a bike around India a few years back and then rode it all the way home to England. Typically, the chain snapped a mile from his house.

Agree with the comments re. Charlie Boorman and Ewan McGreggor though. It kinda pissed me off how much of a 'support' they relied on.

The Shop

burnside
10/15/2012 10:29am
jamma10 wrote:
Thanks for posting that. Two of my dads mates are preparing a similar trip to 'Long Way Down' and riding down to Africa next year so...
Thanks for posting that. Two of my dads mates are preparing a similar trip to 'Long Way Down' and riding down to Africa next year so I've forwarded the link on.

I'd love to do something like that one day. A mate of mine rode a bike around India a few years back and then rode it all the way home to England. Typically, the chain snapped a mile from his house.

Agree with the comments re. Charlie Boorman and Ewan McGreggor though. It kinda pissed me off how much of a 'support' they relied on.
Cheers for sharing the link!

I'm actually plotting a trip now, London to Thailand/SE Asia. Picked up an XT600 a couple of months ago. Right old steady tractor. haha.

Irony being the LWR/LWD series would be so much funner to watch if they really were alone and didn't have an irritating producer trying to hog screen time. haha.
jamma10
10/16/2012 2:02am
burnside wrote:
Cheers for sharing the link! I'm actually plotting a trip now, London to Thailand/SE Asia. Picked up an XT600 a couple of months ago. Right old...
Cheers for sharing the link!

I'm actually plotting a trip now, London to Thailand/SE Asia. Picked up an XT600 a couple of months ago. Right old steady tractor. haha.

Irony being the LWR/LWD series would be so much funner to watch if they really were alone and didn't have an irritating producer trying to hog screen time. haha.
Wow that will be awesome! Smile What route are you going to take through the Middle East, or are you going to skirt north of it through Ukraine, Kazakhstan etc?

Coincidentally, another person I know is on a two week trail riding holiday near Chain Mai in Thailand right now!

Post a reply to: PETROL-FOOD-BEER: Around the World with Austin Vince

The Latest