PERRIS/PALA/MOTOCROSS FAST Ghetto Action Sports Press Release:

dirthead1
7/19/2012 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2014 1:17pm
Anyone else get this email? is it some kind of weird joke/hijack?

PERRIS/PALA/MOTOCROSS FAST

Ghetto Action Sports Press Release:

It is with great regret that Ghetto Action Sports was forced to take the following action that included taking possession of the Perris Motocross facility and closing it until we can reestablish a safe riding environment for our patrons while protecting our investment. Ghetto Action Sports acted accordingly only after not being able to rightfully get our business partner to fulfill the obligations of the agreement we have with him, including maintaining the track in a safe condition.

Ghetto Action Sports, LLC, whose owners include Jesus Chain and Francisco Bagues, was promised a 50/50 ownership interest by Mr. Ouellette and Mr. Chandler in Motocross FAST, Perris Raceway and Pala Raceway, for which Ghetto Action Sports paid all amounts requested by Mr. Ouellette to effect the transfer of ownership. The parties have encountered a business dispute and Mr. Ouellette and Mr. Chandler have reneged on their promises, despite accepting Ghetto Action Sports' money.

Ghetto Action Sports' involvement in this industry is our livelihood and it is what puts bread on our table. That is why we are responding with facts. Not innuendoes or rumors. Our purpose and objective is to provide a safe and enjoyable riding facility for our members. These projects are our dream, our future and our livelihood in which we, along with our families, have put all of our effort, energy and financial investment. Through this process, we have endured racial remarks that would offend any person of any ethnicity when it has nothing to do with what has transpired. Ultimately, what we want to do is tell the truth and clarify any misconceptions.

On July 12, 2012, a multitude of prior issues came to a head and that caused us to look into the business practices of Mr. Ouellette and Mr. Chandler. While reviewing and analyzing our association with him, we responded to PMI after receiving a phone call from our operator that the appropriate equipment to maintain the track had not been available for the past week. In that call, we were told that the track was in disarray and that there was an immediate need for equipment to repair it. We responded to Perris MX, Inc. Upon our arrival at the Perris track, it was noticed that there was not any equipment to repair the track - equipment for which we were being charged money on a monthly basis by Mr. Ouellette and Mr. Chandler. Additionally an audit of the day's receipts was done at the entrance booth and it was noticed that Kyle Chandler, whom was running the entrance booth, removed all of the cash taken in for the day. He took the money and put it in his car. A Sheriff's deputy arrived and in front of him a count of the money was performed. It was determined that over 20% of the cash was missing. It was also noticed that there were at least approximately 120 persons that were not charged any fee for using the facility. Kyle Chandler could not offer an explanation for the missing cash. He said that Mr. Ouellette had authorized the list of people who could enter the facility for free.

For some time now, Ghetto Action Sports has been requesting transparency in the handling of the financial transactions with Mr. Ouellette; however, we have been met with obstacles and excuses that have prevented this from occurring. Ghetto made a business decision that we feel any person with business savvy and common sense would have made to keep a bad situation from getting worse.

We took possession of the track on Friday and brought over equipment to prepare it for the weekend's events. Mr. Kirk Chandler responded with tow trucks and a Sheriff's deputy. He falsely represented himself as the owner. After determining that there was no illegal activity being undertaken, and after a brief discussion, Mr. Chandler left with the tow trucks and the deputy. We made the decision to keep the track closed and turned the matter over to our attorneys for handling.

At this point, it is our intention to open the track as soon as all issues are resolved. Ghetto Action Sports only seeks to run a safe, legitimate operation with full transparency to everyone involved. Mr. Ouellette seems to believe otherwise.

We feel that this situation will be resolved in a court of law where all of the facts will be presented and an impartial trier of fact will see things for that they are. We leave it to that process to reveal who is who and to reveal to us if Mr. Ouellette's business practices are consistent with honesty and ethics.

In the meantime, please bear with us while this process takes place. It is our intention to open Perris MX as soon as possible and to provide a safe, enjoyable and pleasant environment to our patrons.

During the closure of the Perris Raceway, monthly FAST accounts will not be charged. Further updates will be provided as more information becomes available.

Thank you.
|
JustMX
7/19/2012 3:19pm
I am not familiar with this outfit but will say It is aweful hard to suspect a company called "Ghetto Action" of doing anything other than presenting our sport in a positive way.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
648th
7/19/2012 3:26pm
yeah, its been going on for a few days now. they actually locked themselves inside perris raceway, good stuff haha
BAMX
7/19/2012 3:26pm
From reading the email, it seems like Pala didn't live up to their end of the agreement. It also seems that there may once again be some accounting issues etc..
JustMX
7/19/2012 3:46pm
BAMX wrote:
From reading the email, it seems like Pala didn't live up to their end of the agreement. It also seems that there may once again be...
From reading the email, it seems like Pala didn't live up to their end of the agreement. It also seems that there may once again be some accounting issues etc..
well, there are two sides to every story.

They sure better have their ducks in a row after putting out that press release.

The Shop

SLAPAHO
Fantasy
648th
7/19/2012 3:54pm
BAMX wrote:
From reading the email, it seems like Pala didn't live up to their end of the agreement. It also seems that there may once again be...
JustMX wrote:

They sure better have their ducks in a row after putting out that press release.
that press release is actually following this one released from the other side a few days ago

For Immediate Release:

Perris Raceway is currently CLOSED for all motocross riding and racing. Including round #2 of Hot Summer Nights scheduled for 7/14/12.

The Milestone MX Owners who's Facility is a member of Motocross FAST had a purchase option to buy an interest in the Facility known as Perris Raceway. Upon receiving a default notice for non payment for an option of an interest in Perris Raceway, the Milestone owners, Francisco Bagues and Jesus Chain have locked themselves in the facility rather than pay the demand that was delivered to them on July 9th, 2012.

The attorney for Motocross FAST Inc, Andrew Greenfield, stated "We believe Mr. Chain and Mr. Bagues have clearly acted illegally and we will respond with appropriate legal action to address their wrongful conduct immediately. We are obviously disappointed with the actions of these gentlemen who do not share our concern about the riders at Perris Raceway, including FAST members. In the meantime, we want to assure everyone who enjoys riding at Perris Raceway that we will do our best using methods to restore normal operations as soon as possible."

Perris Raceway management and Motocross FAST made a decision to avoid any more drama and potential threat of harm to the riders and staff by allowing Andrew Greenfield to handle the amateurish actions of the Milestone owners within the judicial system.

Any messages that you may receive from Constant Contact are not from the management of FAST until further noticed. Please send any questions to admin@motocrossfast.com and you will receive a prompt response.

More information to follow.
BAMX
7/19/2012 4:15pm
BAMX wrote:
JustMX wrote:

True ......But the owners of Pala have a bit of a cloud hanging over them ever since the National fiasco. Add to that the fact that they advertised ride cards like crazy during the holiday's and then tried to not honor them once they formed the Pala/Milestone/Perris deal.

I still question the press releases from both sides. They seem a little childish which make it look like they both have rookie attorney's. The standard response is to say nothing until it is all settled then a mutually acceptable press release is issued. You only dig the hole deeper with this kind of press release.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
7/19/2012 5:12pm
This sucks because Perris has been pretty rad lately.
Xeno
7/19/2012 6:27pm
MOTO DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Boarddesign
Fantasy
1860th
7/19/2012 6:38pm
"During the closure of the Perris Raceway, monthly FAST accounts will not be charged. Further updates will be provided as more information becomes available."

My account was charged for the FAST pass.... hmmm...
RM127
7/19/2012 7:08pm
I can't believe I am saying this but from that report I side with ghetto...
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
7/19/2012 8:33pm
I know Ryan Oulette and Kirk Chandler and I am hesitant to believe they would operate in an illegal or shady manner, if for no other reason than because they know not to expose themselves unnecessarily to litigation. They're both pretty smart dudes.
I cannot speak to the character of the Ghetto guys, but I imagine the truth lies somewhere in the middle of all this.
bradmx421
7/20/2012 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2012 12:53pm
Fuck the drama...... i just wanna ride.

I live by Milestone and work by Perris....these are the two tracks i go to the most, hoping they resolve the issues soon.

The Fast Pass is still good at Pala and Milestone for the time being....
enketchum
8/1/2012 3:08am
bump I want to know what's going on!!

the gas website is full of Lorem Ipsum, if you know what I mean...
8/1/2012 5:24am
Yeah, I'd like to know whats up also.

Perris and Milestone were my favs. I'll be in Cali this winter and I would love to be able to use that Fast Pass deal.

Orange County really needs a track again... sigh.
PPS Moto
8/1/2012 8:53am
I'm not from that side of the country, but is ghetto action sports a real thing? Not much info about it - the name and story sound like something that would be part of an April fools joke.
bradmx421
8/2/2012 1:06pm
Soooo..... Perris is still closed, no word when it will be open again. Now Milestone got shut down by the city for running lights at night. i dont know details as of why (they run their lights off a diesel generator).

Im personally getting really frustrated. Milestone sent out an email stating nobody that had the Fast Pass would be charged until Perris was re-opened. yet, 7 days later my account was charged. i tried to email them several times about it..... no responses. So the other day i decided to try and give them a call...they told me the guy who runs the account will not get on the phone and the only way i can contact him was by email. i even let them know i have already tried that with no responses. their response was to try again. so 3 days ago i tried to email them again........still no response.

i have been a paying yearly member of Milestone for over 3 years now.....upgraded to the Fast Pass. this track has not had any issues ever until it was ran by the new management/owners.... im getting pretty frustrated by the lack of communication on their part..... all that i want to know is what is going on..... i work in a busy shop and i can only ride at night pretty much right now....plus its Cali and way too hot to ride during the day.. so for now im Fucked out of my money...with no place to ride(that i pay for...yes i know i can go to Lucas Oil/Starwest)

Sorry for the rant, just pretty frustrated right about now
downandup
8/2/2012 2:04pm
Both Ghetto and Pala owners are corrupt.

They will continue to take your money until someone files a lawsuit. That's the only thing they know.

@Falcon, you say that Oulette doesn't want to expose himself to unnecessary litigation, but the guy already has about 4 ongoing lawsuits right now, and it looks like there will be more to come. The guy is a ticking timebomb!
rrjr
4/8/2014 5:56pm
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anyone know if this has anything to do with why Pala Mx has been closed for the past few weeks?
mxjef
4/8/2014 6:13pm
rrjr wrote:
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anyone know if this has anything to do with why Pala Mx has been closed for the...
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anyone know if this has anything to do with why Pala Mx has been closed for the past few weeks?
If i was you, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to open back up.
Pala Raceway
4/8/2014 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2014 6:24pm
This has nothing to do with Pala currently being closed.
rrjr
4/8/2014 6:25pm
Thank-you
SwapperMX
4/8/2014 6:30pm
Is this going to be the death of So-Cal as the worldwide hub of MX ??
mxjef
4/8/2014 7:26pm
SwapperMX wrote:
Is this going to be the death of So-Cal as the worldwide hub of MX ??
The death of So-Cal as the worldwide hub of MX happened many years ago.
Hardly anyone races here anymore, apparently racers don't want to get moved up to a higher class because of the big Amateur Nationals. Sad when local races have no Pro's racing and hardly any Intermediates.
PJ205
4/8/2014 7:43pm
mxjef wrote:
The death of So-Cal as the worldwide hub of MX happened many years ago. Hardly anyone races here anymore, apparently racers don't want to get moved...
The death of So-Cal as the worldwide hub of MX happened many years ago.
Hardly anyone races here anymore, apparently racers don't want to get moved up to a higher class because of the big Amateur Nationals. Sad when local races have no Pro's racing and hardly any Intermediates.
Youve obviously never gotten one of those awesome plastic trophies. If I had it my way, id race beginner EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND until I appeared on an episode of Hoarders when im well into my 60's. Unfortunately for my dreams, I dont even ride anymore.
dirthead1
4/8/2014 8:39pm
But when are you going to tell everyone that the staff has left, the equipment has been picked up, and the Indians are tearing up what was "the facility" on quads and side-by-sides? Put a fork in it...
Brent
4/9/2014 10:24am
dirthead1 wrote:
But when are you going to tell everyone that the staff has left, the equipment has been picked up, and the Indians are tearing up what...
But when are you going to tell everyone that the staff has left, the equipment has been picked up, and the Indians are tearing up what was "the facility" on quads and side-by-sides? Put a fork in it...
Not that anyone here deserves an answer, but from all evidence it appears that Pala is gone for the foreseeable future. I know the operators don't want call it dead, but all indicators seem to point that way. It's really unfortunate that this has happened for whatever reason, because that track really did a lot to re- invigorate the San Diego riding and racing scene.

I really hope that I'm wrong, because I got spoiled driving only 40 minutes north to ride, and I'm sure a lot of others did also.
mxjef
4/9/2014 12:33pm
Sad to see the closing of another track.
boybuc
4/9/2014 12:37pm
RIP Pala you are missed
BobbyM
4/9/2014 12:47pm
If the wheelie boys from Baltimore are racing there i am in!!

Post a reply to: PERRIS/PALA/MOTOCROSS FAST Ghetto Action Sports Press Release:

The Latest