Overhead View Weimer Canard

sozo
Edited Date/Time 3/22/2015 5:24pm
If you watch Weimer was in the middle of the race track and drifted left suddenly before they came together... See it at 1:20

|
newmann
3/22/2015 8:38am
No no no, don't go shitting on the Canard shitfesters shitfest now dammit.
kongols
3/22/2015 8:39am
[color=red][size=100] CANARD WAS NOT FOLLOWING WEIMER[/size][/color]
3/22/2015 8:43am
Newmann, you notice Trey's tire jerk right in the air? Looks to me like he saw it coming and was trying to move over in mid-flight.
Ebs
3/22/2015 8:48am
Suzuki dude to the right started fading across the track.

The Shop

slipdog
3/22/2015 8:50am
Newmann, you notice Trey's tire jerk right in the air? Looks to me like he saw it coming and was trying to move over in mid-flight.
Just like Wiemer saw #70(Schmidt?) coming across from the right to the left in front of him and backed off. It was a chain reaction that started with too many riders jumping through a rhythm section at the start of the race.

I think Kongols said it best...
kongols
3/22/2015 8:50am
Ebs wrote:
Shit, just noticed it. Perhaps that`s why Weimer slowed down cause Suzuki guy drifted fast to the middle.
A. DLeary
3/22/2015 8:53am
If this was JS7 or CR22 the discussion would be entirely different.
3/22/2015 8:56am
slipdog wrote:
Just like Wiemer saw #70(Schmidt?) coming across from the right to the left in front of him and backed off. It was a chain reaction that...
Just like Wiemer saw #70(Schmidt?) coming across from the right to the left in front of him and backed off. It was a chain reaction that started with too many riders jumping through a rhythm section at the start of the race.

Yep. Just to be clear, since it seems people have to choose up sides in these debates, I personally just see this as a racing incident. I'm pretty sure nothing could be done to avoid this - except maybe not holding the race.

Also, JS7's opinion carries a lot of weight with me. He knows a lot more about SX tracks then I'll ever know. He thinks that section should not be there right after the start. I'm going with that.
Drfletcher
3/22/2015 8:58am
I definitely thought Canard jumped into the back of Weimer but now I see Weimer moved over in front of him. Sucks for both riders.
slipdog
3/22/2015 9:00am
slipdog wrote:
Just like Wiemer saw #70(Schmidt?) coming across from the right to the left in front of him and backed off. It was a chain reaction that...

Yep. Just to be clear, since it seems people have to choose up sides in these debates, I personally just see this as a racing incident...
Yep. Just to be clear, since it seems people have to choose up sides in these debates, I personally just see this as a racing incident. I'm pretty sure nothing could be done to avoid this - except maybe not holding the race.

Also, JS7's opinion carries a lot of weight with me. He knows a lot more about SX tracks then I'll ever know. He thinks that section should not be there right after the start. I'm going with that.
Agreed, bad things happen more often when the first straight is a jump filled rhythm section.
Rick M.
3/22/2015 9:10am
A. DLeary wrote:
If this was JS7 or CR22 the discussion would be entirely different.
Yes it would
fidiot
3/22/2015 9:36am
Ebs wrote:
I noticed that too. That was Nick Schmidt. I wonder if Jake slowed up and drifted left to avoid him. Chain reaction.
sozo
3/22/2015 10:31am
Racing incident all the way
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
3/22/2015 10:37am
Ebs wrote:
fidiot wrote:
I noticed that too. That was Nick Schmidt. I wonder if Jake slowed up and drifted left to avoid him. Chain reaction.
This. If Weimer doubles they probably come together on the landing. That's why he checked up.

Still, Trey does seem to have an issue when it comes to avoiding trouble, early laps, in traffic. Somebody said he needs to get a better start. Well, 18 other guys need to get a better start, too.
jmx411
3/22/2015 10:40am
They don't put triples after start anymore, we dont need rythm sections after starts, so what can we put there? Woops, walls. Crap happens sometimes. It was a racing accident. When guys spend 20-25 seconds n the air out of the 51 seconds it takes for them to make a lap people are going to get hurt
sozo
3/22/2015 1:51pm
I agree Nick Schmidt drifted left and made Jake check up etc...
2thefront
3/22/2015 3:12pm
Ebs wrote:
fidiot wrote:
This. If Weimer doubles they probably come together on the landing. That's why he checked up. Still, Trey does seem to have an issue when it...
This. If Weimer doubles they probably come together on the landing. That's why he checked up.

Still, Trey does seem to have an issue when it comes to avoiding trouble, early laps, in traffic. Somebody said he needs to get a better start. Well, 18 other guys need to get a better start, too.
What other race has he had issues in the early laps in traffic?

He's the only guy to start bad and win a race and has had to come through the pack to get a good finish with no issues. I'd say he's done pretty well.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
3/22/2015 4:20pm
fidiot wrote:
This. If Weimer doubles they probably come together on the landing. That's why he checked up. Still, Trey does seem to have an issue when it...

2thefront wrote:
What other race has he had issues in the early laps in traffic? He's the only guy to start bad and win a race and has...

He's the only guy to start bad and win a race and has had to come through the pack to get a good finish with no issues. I'd say he's done pretty well.
Um, MEC. Heat race last week. Heat this week. Semi this week. The "Reed incident." And at least 4 or 5 more this season that I can't specifically recall. But I bet someone else can.
2thefront
3/22/2015 4:58pm

2thefront wrote:
What other race has he had issues in the early laps in traffic? He's the only guy to start bad and win a race and has...

Um, MEC. Heat race last week. Heat this week. Semi this week. The "Reed incident." And at least 4 or 5 more this season that I...
Um, MEC. Heat race last week. Heat this week. Semi this week. The "Reed incident." And at least 4 or 5 more this season that I can't specifically recall. But I bet someone else can.
Um the reed incident wasn't in traffic in the early laps. The field had already spread out and it was a case of a slower guy trying to hold off a faster one. MEC was where he won the first 2 motos and barely clipped a tuff block racing for the lead. He had no issues in traffic in the early laps.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/22/2015 5:04pm
2thefront wrote:
Um the reed incident wasn't in traffic in the early laps. The field had already spread out and it was a case of a slower guy...
Um the reed incident wasn't in traffic in the early laps. The field had already spread out and it was a case of a slower guy trying to hold off a faster one. MEC was where he won the first 2 motos and barely clipped a tuff block racing for the lead. He had no issues in traffic in the early laps.
Yep.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
3/22/2015 5:05pm
2thefront wrote:

Um, MEC. Heat race last week. Heat this week. Semi this week. The "Reed incident." And at least 4 or 5 more this season that I...
2thefront wrote:
Um the reed incident wasn't in traffic in the early laps. The field had already spread out and it was a case of a slower guy...
I'm not going to split hairs with you about it. It was lap 7 of 20.

He also tangled with Tickle lap 1 at Daytona.
Seamorbutts
3/22/2015 5:09pm
jmx411 wrote:
They don't put triples after start anymore, we dont need rythm sections after starts, so what can we put there? Woops, walls. Crap happens sometimes. It...
They don't put triples after start anymore, we dont need rythm sections after starts, so what can we put there? Woops, walls. Crap happens sometimes. It was a racing accident. When guys spend 20-25 seconds n the air out of the 51 seconds it takes for them to make a lap people are going to get hurt
Short sections with two turns before any long section like usual
2thefront
3/22/2015 5:09pm
2thefront wrote:

On the funnel of the start straight!! Normal thing that happens in sx.

I don't want to split hairs either but when you say in traffic in early laps I'm thinking lap 1, 2 or maybe 3. By then it's usually spread out.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
3/22/2015 5:24pm
2thefront wrote:

2thefront wrote:
On the funnel of the start straight!! Normal thing that happens in sx. I don't want to split hairs either but when you say in traffic...
On the funnel of the start straight!! Normal thing that happens in sx.

I don't want to split hairs either but when you say in traffic in early laps I'm thinking lap 1, 2 or maybe 3. By then it's usually spread out.

You asked me to name other races where he had early trouble. I did.

Post a reply to: Overhead View Weimer Canard

The Latest