Osbourne's goggle/visor issue...

Jack_Mehoff
Fantasy
55th
6/19/2017 3:44pm
gt80rider wrote:
I don't have an issue with the block after the pass. The problem I have is how in the hell does a visor break that easy...
I don't have an issue with the block after the pass. The problem I have is how in the hell does a visor break that easy?

Furthermore... Two points on safety.

1. Most of the goggles we use are simply not heavily constructed enough to take the roost of a modern mx bike.

2. I am still pushing for a mandatory safety pit stop for goggle replacement. Do we really have to have one of our riders lose an eye or become permanently blind before this rule goes into effect? What if Ozzy caught another rock in the same fashion After ditching his goggles? The fact that you can't start a moto without goggles, but are allowed to finish without them, is not only dangerous, but fucking ridiculous. DC? AMA? Anybody actually give a shit about the health of of riders?
Yeah they should have to ruin their race or ride blind with mud covered goggles. Everybody knows you don't need to see to ride an mx bike. Why has nobody thought of this before?!
6/19/2017 4:00pm
no racer in racing position is going to pull off for goggles. they would just keep the goggles on and deal with the poor vision, which could lead them to crash and hurt themselves in a worse way. although i do understand the severity of losing eye sight, they still have the option of putting their heads down and using their visor as a shield, using other lines, and simply being good enough of a professional racer to do the best job they can at not catching roost to an open face. remember we're talking about motocross here, it's inherently dangerous. furthermore, goggles coming off during the race doesn't really seem to be that big of an issue. do you realize how good the brain is at closing the eye before impact to protect the eye?
mxjon454
6/19/2017 7:32pm
Fair play I agree to disagree. Kinda funny how everyone gets all over Marvin over a couple of accidental cross jumps, but when Osbourne looks over...
Fair play I agree to disagree. Kinda funny how everyone gets all over Marvin over a couple of accidental cross jumps, but when Osbourne looks over at Amart, pops out of his line, and goes 10 feet out of his way to block him (while basically at a complete stop) before a high speed double it's ok. Cool. Got ya
Marvin has cross jumped a lot of riders multiple times over the years. I dont think he does it on "accident" and it hasnt been a few times over the years lol
BobPA
6/19/2017 7:38pm
Fair play I agree to disagree. Kinda funny how everyone gets all over Marvin over a couple of accidental cross jumps, but when Osbourne looks over...
Fair play I agree to disagree. Kinda funny how everyone gets all over Marvin over a couple of accidental cross jumps, but when Osbourne looks over at Amart, pops out of his line, and goes 10 feet out of his way to block him (while basically at a complete stop) before a high speed double it's ok. Cool. Got ya
mxjon454 wrote:
Marvin has cross jumped a lot of riders multiple times over the years. I dont think he does it on "accident" and it hasnt been a...
Marvin has cross jumped a lot of riders multiple times over the years. I dont think he does it on "accident" and it hasnt been a few times over the years lol
The only time I ever hear complaints is on vital. The actual racers never say anything.

The Shop

6/20/2017 4:21am
that led to that shit head block of Big Al before the downhill double? I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread started on this yet, it...
that led to that shit head block of Big Al before the downhill double? I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread started on this yet, it was flat out dirty and dangerous. If I was Martin I would've been pretty livid after the moto.
I lose brain cells everytime you post on this forum

Post a reply to: Osbourne's goggle/visor issue...

The Latest