Osborne, Hill and Savatgy where do they go?

locky144
Edited Date/Time 2/22/2017 8:16pm
I know this topic has been disscussed before we're do they go next year? Dungey retires tomac to Ktm spot opens up at Kawi and Hill and savatgy to fight over the spot? Possibly a spot at RCH next year and I see husqvarna keeping Osborne and having 3 450 riders.
More and more riders are coming through and there are less and less spots
What's everyone else think
|
Sully22
2/22/2017 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2017 8:31pm
Personally I think they should reevaluate the move up rules. When it comes to these three, Hill and Savatgy have the most upside on 450's imho. Hill rode awesome at mec on the 450, not sure how he ended things with ktm, so not sure if that's an option....although matthes said Hill would never end up back st PC kawi and he's there. I think grants Spot might be open at kawi after this year, that ould go to savatgy or hill, if ET and grant are both gone then maybe hill and savatgy could both end up there. At the end of the day, who knows, but it's fun to think about who'll end up where. Another thing to think about, all three still have to point out and/or win the title.
2/22/2017 8:32pm
I say Tomac stays at Kawi, Savatgy or Hill then take Grants spot, the one that misses that spot then gets a chance with RCH. Osborne joins Wilson and Anderson on 450s and Husky shut up their Lites programme after both Davalos and Osborne point out of SX
chase414
2/22/2017 8:33pm
with eli and kawi getting the bike dialed now i cat see him leaving now but if he was still struggling like last year supercross i think he would
locky144
2/22/2017 8:36pm
chase414 wrote:
with eli and kawi getting the bike dialed now i cat see him leaving now but if he was still struggling like last year supercross i...
with eli and kawi getting the bike dialed now i cat see him leaving now but if he was still struggling like last year supercross i think he would
Yeah see savatgy if he misses out on kawi he will be at RCH and I know just because Carmichael is apart of joeys program doesn't guarantee him a spot but it would
Play a part.

The Shop

Xeno
2/22/2017 8:44pm
I say Dungey gets paid even more to race in '18.
2/22/2017 9:24pm
What about RCH and JGR? Are all four of those spots up in the air for next year?
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
2/22/2017 9:42pm
This entire silly season pretty much hinges on whether Dungey stays or goes. KTM will be the first domino to fall.
cali11
2/22/2017 10:05pm
I don't think Tomac is going anywhere
ML512
Fantasy
54th
2/22/2017 10:08pm
TripleFive wrote:
What about RCH and JGR? Are all four of those spots up in the air for next year?
All US Suzuki riders, 450 and 250, only have contracts through the later part of 2017.
Starcrossed
2/22/2017 10:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2017 10:17pm
There are five Suzuki riders whose contracts expire this year, counting Nicoletti. Dungey has said that he won't make a decision about retirement until summer time, so there will probably be some team switching prior to Ryan deciding on his future plans. I think Ryan may possibly be swayed by a Roczen-like annual salary for 2018, and possibly beyond. Hill needs to show that he is capable of solid finishes outdoors. He really hasn't shown much in four years, with only one podium, and no top ten points finishes. His only full season was 2013, missing four races in 2014, five in 2015, and six last year, if memory serves correctly. His 2017 MX results will hopefully be a significant improvement over prior years.

Edit: ML squeezed in while I was typing.lol
aeffertz
2/22/2017 10:36pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2017 10:39pm
I reckon it is too early for any of us to determine any of this.

If Tomac does well, who's to say he doesn't stay at Kawi?

If Dungey wins another SX title, who's to say he doesnt stick around for another year?

I'd be more worried about riders like Barcia, Canard, Grant, and Bogle in the 450 class before I'd throw any of the riders you mentioned under the bus.
2/22/2017 10:39pm
Yeah, I'm not real sure where/how this Elijah to KTM talk got started.
locky144
2/22/2017 10:50pm
Does canard have a two year deal? When He signed with KTM never saw anything on how long the deal was
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
2/22/2017 11:03pm
Eli to KTM is more likely than you think
2/22/2017 11:13pm
MX Guy wrote:
Eli to KTM is more likely than you think
That would seem to require (1) Dundee retiring, and (2) Eli wanting off the Kawasaki.

I'd say it's not likely that both of those occur.
2/22/2017 11:24pm
chase414 wrote:
with eli and kawi getting the bike dialed now i cat see him leaving now but if he was still struggling like last year supercross i...
locky144 wrote:
Yeah see savatgy if he misses out on kawi he will be at RCH and I know just because Carmichael is apart of joeys program doesn't...
Yeah see savatgy if he misses out on kawi he will be at RCH and I know just because Carmichael is apart of joeys program doesn't guarantee him a spot but it would
Play a part.
Good point about the Carmichael link !
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
2/23/2017 1:44am
I could see Reed moving from Yamaha and signing a cheap, one-year deal with one of the KTM teams or RCH Suzuki, which would presumably open a spot at Yamaha.
block75
2/23/2017 2:08am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2017 2:27am
kevin204 wrote:
I could see Reed moving from Yamaha and signing a cheap, one-year deal with one of the KTM teams or RCH Suzuki, which would presumably open...
I could see Reed moving from Yamaha and signing a cheap, one-year deal with one of the KTM teams or RCH Suzuki, which would presumably open a spot at Yamaha.
Yep, I can see it this way though

RCH - Reed with savatgy,
Kawi - Hill and Tomac (although Roczen got his Suzuki dialled and still left RCH)
Husky - Wilson Anderson and Osbourne
Honda - Seely and Roczen (obviously neither are going anywhere else anytime soon)
KTM - Marvin maybe canard and dungey (if he isn't the SX champ look for him to go around again)
Yamaha - Webb and j.mart at Yamaha
JGR - Barcia grant and Bogle
Moto concepts - Brayton and Alessi (will always have a ride here)
BTO KTM - Bagget Millsaps possibly a 3rd

Just my guess with no actual knowledge of anything haha
Motofinne
2/23/2017 2:16am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2017 3:03am
kevin204 wrote:
I could see Reed moving from Yamaha and signing a cheap, one-year deal with one of the KTM teams or RCH Suzuki, which would presumably open...
block75 wrote:
Yep, I can see it this way though RCH - Reed with savatgy, Kawi - Hill and Tomac (although Roczen got his Suzuki dialled and still...

RCH - Reed with savatgy,
Kawi - Hill and Tomac (although Roczen got his Suzuki dialled and still left RCH)
Honda - Seely and Roczen (obviously neither are going anywhere else anytime soon)
KTM - Marvin maybe canard and dungey (if he isn't the SX champ look for him to go around again)

Some of those predictions makes sense, but i can't agree with the JMart to Yamaha thing.

To do what he has done this year in 250 SX and get a factory Yamaha ride is very unlikely(in my opinion). And doesn't he have 2 year deal with Geico Honda?

I find it strange how JMarts catastrophic SX season is just swept under the carpet.
block75
2/23/2017 2:26am
kevin204 wrote:
block75 wrote:
Yep, I can see it this way though RCH - Reed with savatgy, Kawi - Hill and Tomac (although Roczen got his Suzuki dialled and still...

RCH - Reed with savatgy,

Motofinne wrote:
Some of those predictions makes sense, but i can't agree with the JMart to Yamaha thing. To do what he has done this year in 250...
Some of those predictions makes sense, but i can't agree with the JMart to Yamaha thing.

To do what he has done this year in 250 SX and get a factory Yamaha ride is very unlikely(in my opinion). And doesn't he have 2 year deal with Geico Honda?

I find it strange how JMarts catastrophic SX season is just swept under the carpet.
Good point not sure if it's a two year deal or not, I think his worth will depend on how he goes at the nationals as I see Yamaha happy with cooper as an indoor rider and both as outdoor guys, kinda like how they planned with Webb good both indoors and out and have Reed for indoors and Wilson possibly outdoors till they dropped the ball and husky picked him up. Martin on his day could be a top 5 contender outdoors not so much indoors though
2/23/2017 3:01am
I think we just need a new motorcycle brand, maybe Trump should just invest in a american made mx bike
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/23/2017 10:09am
Hill is killing it at the moment and he also rode the big bikes really well when he had the chance, tough to beat that as far as guys who are moving up.
2/23/2017 11:17am
Martin is on Geico for 2017 and 2018. I've heard from inside sources that KTM has been talking to Eli since last summer. As of recent though, anyone's guess is as good as mine.
rhargrave431
2/23/2017 11:27am
I could see both Hill and Savagty at RCH. Depending on support obviously, and Tickle too
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
2/23/2017 11:54am
Why is everyone assuming Hill and Savatgy automatically get a factory ride?

Anyway, I think Tomac stays with Kawi along with Hill (even though I think Savatgy is the better overall package, Monster may sway that decision Hill's way).

The rest, who knows. But I do know there's no chance in hell Reed goes to RCH.
mx836
2/23/2017 12:04pm
Does anybody have any REAL info as to why Tomac would go to KTM? Keep reading it and laugh every time, because it is 100% pure speculation!! Sure seems like things are going pretty swell over at Kawi right now for all involved.
visser62
2/23/2017 12:35pm
If Tomac was signing with KTM for 2018, I feel like we would have heard rumors by this point in the season.
2/23/2017 12:41pm
mx836 wrote:
Does anybody have any REAL info as to why Tomac would go to KTM? Keep reading it and laugh every time, because it is 100% pure...
Does anybody have any REAL info as to why Tomac would go to KTM? Keep reading it and laugh every time, because it is 100% pure speculation!! Sure seems like things are going pretty swell over at Kawi right now for all involved.
Roger Decoster is still the best manager. Knows how to get the bikes and riders to their best over a long period. KTM wasn't half the team before he got there.

For those that think Husky might fold up the lites program, they signed one of the top amateur riders to a full factory deal just last fall. I think they are waiting for him to slide up and in for a seat there. Could see them pulling a KTM, ala hire an outside company or crew to run the show, but I think they want their presence felt in all forms. They just threw a bunch of money to become the "official bike" of flat track singles class (AFT-1).
bvm111
2/23/2017 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2017 12:48pm
What if there is an opening at HRC??? Shocked

And where is everyone getting the Eli to KTM stuff from???

Post a reply to: Osborne, Hill and Savatgy where do they go?

The Latest