Opinions on why Bowers is still racing AX?

Darryl916
Edited Date/Time 1/9/2014 3:32pm
Can someone educate me? How does "RC's road to SX" work? I thought the winner of the series went on to SX with a ride. He did well in the last few SX races last year riding for Mitch. Wouldn't it be in his best interest to find a ride in SX and do Nationals and such?
|
MX455
1/8/2014 11:32am
Unfortunately no it doesn't mean that. He makes good money racing AX and I don't blame him one bit. If they truly want it to be the road to SX they need to come up with a points system (if they haven't already) similar to 250's to point guys out and move them up to the next level.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
1/8/2014 11:34am
Big fish....small pond......good $$'s

The Shop

huck
1/8/2014 11:38am
Top 1 in AX pays more than Top 10 in SX
BobPA
1/8/2014 11:52am
Its all about the Benjamin's baby.....
TDeath21
1/8/2014 11:55am
They need to make it to where a first place guy in AX doesn't make as much as the last place guy in a 250 heat race. That way, it's actually a road to supercross. I personally think the road to supercross through arenacross is the stupidest idea ever. I say keep them separate.
Camp332
1/8/2014 11:57am
I think he still races AX to piss people off on moto forums.
berno929
Fantasy
2519th
1/8/2014 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2014 12:38pm
TDeath21 wrote:
They need to make it to where a first place guy in AX doesn't make as much as the last place guy in a 250 heat...
They need to make it to where a first place guy in AX doesn't make as much as the last place guy in a 250 heat race. That way, it's actually a road to supercross. I personally think the road to supercross through arenacross is the stupidest idea ever. I say keep them separate.
You want the AX winners to make less than $280 per weekend? Thats what you get in 250 SX...
http://www.amasupercross.com/rules/pdf/2014/Bulletins/Purse%20(1)%20SX%…

Racing 250 SX is just plain stupid unless you're paid to do so or you're very young trying to get a factory ride. If you live in California you can get around as a privateer in the 450 class...

Purse for AX is listed at the bottom... http://www.arenacross.com/registration.aspx?id=2147488881

Bowers can easily make 2-4K per weekend... and get the 25k for the championship... so let's say 55k from the AMA.. then he's got to have bonuses from Kawi and his sponsors on top of a salary.

Unless you can win a 250 SX title (need a factory ride for that and Bowers didn't get an offer for even after winning a main) or if you're paid to race 450 full time... you'll make much more money in AX...
therealjonon
1/8/2014 12:41pm
TDeath21 wrote:
They need to make it to where a first place guy in AX doesn't make as much as the last place guy in a 250 heat...
berno929 wrote:
You want the AX winners to make less than $280 per weekend? Thats what you get in 250 SX... http://www.amasupercross.com/rules/pdf/2014/Bulletins/Purse%20(1)%20SX%2014.pdf Racing 250 SX is just plain...
You want the AX winners to make less than $280 per weekend? Thats what you get in 250 SX...

Racing 250 SX is just plain stupid unless you're paid to do so or you're very young trying to get a factory ride. If you live in California you can get around as a privateer in the 450 class...

Purse for AX is listed at the bottom... http://www.arenacross.com/registration.aspx?id=2147488881

Bowers can easily make 2-4K per weekend... and get the 25k for the championship... so let's say 55k from the AMA.. then he's got to have bonuses from Kawi and his sponsors on top of a salary.

Unless you can win a 250 SX title (need a factory ride for that and Bowers didn't get an offer for even after winning a main) or if you're paid to race 450 full time... you'll make much more money in AX...
thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
ktm212
1/8/2014 12:49pm
Camp332 wrote:
HAR, i enjoy when people say this
mdub45
1/8/2014 12:55pm
Back when Darcy Lange was winning AX championships the bonus was $100,000 and a honda ridgeline each year
He still has the huge cheques on the wall
I can't remember how long he raced AX but he doesn't have to worry about money
therealjonon
1/8/2014 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2014 1:12pm
mdub45 wrote:
Back when Darcy Lange was winning AX championships the bonus was $100,000 and a honda ridgeline each year He still has the huge cheques on the...
Back when Darcy Lange was winning AX championships the bonus was $100,000 and a honda ridgeline each year
you sound pretty lange-knowledged.... is he still working for inlaws biz??
1/8/2014 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2014 1:43pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Oh gawd! Are you saying ee need to redistribute the wealth?
TDeath21
1/8/2014 1:16pm
TDeath21 wrote:
berno929 wrote:
You want the AX winners to make less than $280 per weekend? Thats what you get in 250 SX... http://www.amasupercross.com/rules/pdf/2014/Bulletins/Purse%20(1)%20SX%2014.pdf Racing 250 SX is just plain...

If they really want Arenacross to be the "Road to Supercross" then yes that's how it should be, for purse money anyway. I think they should keep them their own separate deal though so it's whatever they want to do. I don't blame Bowers for staying where the money is. I can't believe he didn't get an offer after his performances last year.
1/8/2014 1:16pm
Camp332 wrote:
ktm212 wrote:
HAR, i enjoy when people say this
Yea, was a gooD chuckle
usp4u
1/8/2014 1:22pm
MX455 wrote:
Unfortunately no it doesn't mean that. He makes good money racing AX and I don't blame him one bit. If they truly want it to be...
Unfortunately no it doesn't mean that. He makes good money racing AX and I don't blame him one bit. If they truly want it to be the road to SX they need to come up with a points system (if they haven't already) similar to 250's to point guys out and move them up to the next level.
....and in a few years you will have effectively put a ton of people out work. How many SX rides are available for all these riders who would point out???
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/8/2014 1:26pm
TDeath21 wrote:
No, we're saying 50% fewer vanillaice782 posts is a 100% bonus for everyone else.
1/8/2014 1:46pm
TDeath21 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
No, we're saying 50% fewer vanillaice782 posts is a 100% bonus for everyone else.
False. My posts wouldn't seem so offensive if I didn't have to type in bold every time I post on my phone. It's the website's fault...
ktm212
1/8/2014 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2014 2:51pm
Darryl916 wrote:
Can someone educate me? How does "RC's road to SX" work? I thought the winner of the series went on to SX with a ride. He...
Can someone educate me? How does "RC's road to SX" work? I thought the winner of the series went on to SX with a ride. He did well in the last few SX races last year riding for Mitch. Wouldn't it be in his best interest to find a ride in SX and do Nationals and such?
Arenacross is its own thing, however I think they are really trying to get guys to have a little more experience when they hit the big show (SX, if I had to actually point it out). The road to supercross isn't techincal, you basically have to qualify for 3 AX night shows (not AX Lites from what i gather) to get your SX Pro License (SX and MX will be seperate) according to the layout on www.arenacross.com. I think its a great idea; racing infront of a crowd, getting to run a timed qualifying sessions, plus arenacross is a big family-like atmosphere and I think you'll see alot of guys race it and not leave because everyone is really friendly and cool (minus the contact). It's a great stepping stone and a great place for pro racers to get more jobs now that the series is getting more spotlight, our sport is tough to break into and if you can get a ride in AX or make a little money then more power to you because we all see how hard it is to be in the big show and make it. There are tons and tons of talented riders that don't get any credit or rides and heres another outlet for guys to make a living racing.

from www.arenacross.com-
RICKY CARMICHAEL'S ROAD TO SUPERCROSS:

A rider must complete the Ricky Carmichael Road to Supercross to earn their 250SX endorsement prior to racing Monster Energy AMA Supercross an FIM World Championship.

1.Earn 3 Road to Supercross Points - 1 Road to Supercross point is earned by each rider who qualifies for the night program in the Arenacross Class.
2.A rider must attend a minimum of 3 AMSOIL Arenacross Events to earn a 250SX Endorsement.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
1/8/2014 2:53pm
Camp332 wrote:
Heck yea Bro.
mdub45
1/8/2014 2:54pm
mdub45 wrote:
Back when Darcy Lange was winning AX championships the bonus was $100,000 and a honda ridgeline each year He still has the huge cheques on the...
you sound pretty lange-knowledged.... is he still working for inlaws biz??
Yes he is, last time I talked to him he was kicking around the idea of making a comeback, starting with the Canadian AX's, but decided not to.
MX455
1/8/2014 3:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2014 3:31pm
usp4u wrote:
....and in a few years you will have effectively put a ton of people out work. How many SX rides are available for all these riders...
....and in a few years you will have effectively put a ton of people out work. How many SX rides are available for all these riders who would point out???
How is that possible? It doesn't put a ton of people out of work in the 250 class. IMO once you win a AX championship you should should have to race 250 sx. If not then get rid of the RC Road to SX.
Spergen
1/8/2014 5:51pm
ktm212 wrote:
Arenacross is its own thing, however I think they are really trying to get guys to have a little more experience when they hit the big...
Arenacross is its own thing, however I think they are really trying to get guys to have a little more experience when they hit the big show (SX, if I had to actually point it out). The road to supercross isn't techincal, you basically have to qualify for 3 AX night shows (not AX Lites from what i gather) to get your SX Pro License (SX and MX will be seperate) according to the layout on www.arenacross.com. I think its a great idea; racing infront of a crowd, getting to run a timed qualifying sessions, plus arenacross is a big family-like atmosphere and I think you'll see alot of guys race it and not leave because everyone is really friendly and cool (minus the contact). It's a great stepping stone and a great place for pro racers to get more jobs now that the series is getting more spotlight, our sport is tough to break into and if you can get a ride in AX or make a little money then more power to you because we all see how hard it is to be in the big show and make it. There are tons and tons of talented riders that don't get any credit or rides and heres another outlet for guys to make a living racing.

from www.arenacross.com-
RICKY CARMICHAEL'S ROAD TO SUPERCROSS:

A rider must complete the Ricky Carmichael Road to Supercross to earn their 250SX endorsement prior to racing Monster Energy AMA Supercross an FIM World Championship.

1.Earn 3 Road to Supercross Points - 1 Road to Supercross point is earned by each rider who qualifies for the night program in the Arenacross Class.
2.A rider must attend a minimum of 3 AMSOIL Arenacross Events to earn a 250SX Endorsement.
So how come we had the 2 GP guys riding in 250sx this weekend ? Or is there an exception as already race pro ?
zook11
1/8/2014 6:02pm
mdub45 wrote:
I highly doubt he doesn't have to worry about money.
MotoX85
1/8/2014 6:09pm
Because it is not actually the road to SX, it is the road to pay me money before you can get your pro license. For the same reason Adam C and Cooper Webb NEVER raced AX but still have their pro license.

Its a way of regulating who they DO and DO NOT want lining up at a SX. You know, once again fucking over the TRUE privateers.
dantheman
1/8/2014 6:26pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Because it is not actually the road to SX, it is the road to pay me money before you can get your pro license. For the...
Because it is not actually the road to SX, it is the road to pay me money before you can get your pro license. For the same reason Adam C and Cooper Webb NEVER raced AX but still have their pro license.

Its a way of regulating who they DO and DO NOT want lining up at a SX. You know, once again fucking over the TRUE privateers.
I've had this exact thought niggling around in my head since it was mentioned!!!
Squid-mom
1/8/2014 6:57pm
IMO- The 'Road to SX' is really only going to screw up the AX point series, how many points are going to be lost by career AX riders to people who don't even really want to be there?
MtnBoy
1/8/2014 7:33pm
mdub45 wrote:
zook11 wrote:
I highly doubt he doesn't have to worry about money.
I agree....I doubt he made millions

Post a reply to: Opinions on why Bowers is still racing AX?

The Latest