Only RC and JS7 have more overalls than Dunge.

Drtbykr
6/7/2015 6:55am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2015 11:59pm
Dungey may be the smartest rider ever.

A ton of legends behind him.
|
agn5009
6/7/2015 7:21am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2015 7:22am
And he's only around what 24 or 25 years old? It's pretty remarkable. He's definitely one of the smoothest and most consistent riders of all time. A lot of people bash on him because he doesn't go out and dominate but when his career is all said and done he will have a handful of championships in both series. Not many guys can say that.
brimx153
6/7/2015 11:49am
not bad for a guy who alot of VITAL says he does nt win races
Feint
6/7/2015 12:05pm
Are you counting both classes? Dungey has a lot more 450 overalls than Stewart. Stewart has 20 450 Overalls and Dungey has 33 450 Overalls.
6/7/2015 12:16pm
Dungey not dominant? Huh. When he has one of he highest win count and title count, especially when his career winds down, there will still be these dillweeds saying he wasn't dominant. I swear some of the guys in here have meth habits. They must be high.

The Shop

bd
6/7/2015 12:39pm
Dunge dominated the 2012 Outdoor and 2015 Supercross and is one the greatest motocrossers of all time. Has stated plenty of times, he is the Wardy of this era ---- and that is a HOF career.
pilotdude
6/7/2015 12:48pm
Drtbykr wrote:

agreed. A good friend of mine who I respect tremendously and I were talking the other day about it. Dungey is pretty much a genius. As much as I like Ryan Villopoto and his aggressiveness, it is very difficult to argue against Dungey if you want to get the job done. This is even more true with his Baker training regimen now.
Motodave15
6/7/2015 12:48pm
Feint wrote:
Are you counting both classes? Dungey has a lot more 450 overalls than Stewart. Stewart has 20 450 Overalls and Dungey has 33 450 Overalls.
wikipedia is not counting both motos then, and counting each outdoor round as 1 race.

Upon counting both motos, then you get what the OP is talking about.

So In turns which way is the more accurate way to count, I Say you count each moto
Question
6/7/2015 12:53pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2015 12:54pm
agn5009 wrote:
And he's only around what 24 or 25 years old? It's pretty remarkable. He's definitely one of the smoothest and most consistent riders of all time...
And he's only around what 24 or 25 years old? It's pretty remarkable. He's definitely one of the smoothest and most consistent riders of all time. A lot of people bash on him because he doesn't go out and dominate but when his career is all said and done he will have a handful of championships in both series. Not many guys can say that.
+ he will retire even more healthy than most amateur riders.

I think he loves the sport, based on the knowledge he would have gathered over the years with The Man, there is a probability, if he wants to, that he stays a long time as team manager for KTM in what, 5-10 years ?

Or, although I think it is too dangerous & I do not advise to do this, that would be crazy to see him in Enduro GNCC then Rallye, to win a Paris-Dakar & why not carrying on car racing ! (which is the most popular event globally for off road motorcycle racing). It is possible to race in rallye until about 40, in cars until about 50. Then team manager !

But it is only if he wants to, I get that he does not have to worry financially anymore !

mxb2
6/7/2015 12:55pm
Dungey already one of the best ever, and will win more, as long as he is healthy.Rd5 gets it.
Outsider
6/7/2015 1:21pm
Drtbykr wrote:

Not only does he have a shit ton of overalls... he's got a shit ton of guys all over his nutz! WoohooLaughingTongue
6/7/2015 1:28pm
Dungey thank God everyone else crashes out or is hurt. I mean Roczen had no problem passing and beating him until reed hit his wheel. And tomac made him look like a lapper unil he went tomac. Rv would be putting him to shame now and when Roczen is heathy he will be back to cryif about he bike setup
BobPA
6/7/2015 1:50pm
Dungey thank God everyone else crashes out or is hurt. I mean Roczen had no problem passing and beating him until reed hit his wheel. And...
Dungey thank God everyone else crashes out or is hurt. I mean Roczen had no problem passing and beating him until reed hit his wheel. And tomac made him look like a lapper unil he went tomac. Rv would be putting him to shame now and when Roczen is heathy he will be back to cryif about he bike setup
Ifs and buts bro, the record books do not show what "could" have happened....
yak651
Fantasy
168th
6/7/2015 3:01pm
Dungey thank God everyone else crashes out or is hurt. I mean Roczen had no problem passing and beating him until reed hit his wheel. And...
Imagine that, a bro from NJ that doesn't like Dungey
dirtnapper
6/7/2015 3:05pm
Imagine that, a dipshit who can't give anyone their due respect
IWreckALot
6/7/2015 3:13pm

TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
6/7/2015 3:13pm
At what point are some of you naysayers going to understand that every year, every rider lines up at the first gate of each series in a position to win a racing championship. Some win, some podium, some crash, others fall somewhere in the middle. Points are handed out each race based on finishing position in each race. Points are totaled up, and the rider with the most points at the end of the series wins the championship. There is a reason they don't give out awards or points for single fastest laps, practice sessions, or heat races. Crashing counts, falls count, mistakes count, it ALL counts. The rider who has the most points and the end of each series is the champ. That doesn't mean they may have ran the fastest laps or even the fastest in a few races. RD is a multi-time Champion for a reason, like him, love him or hate him.
6/7/2015 3:14pm
There should be an iq test to open a vital account
6/7/2015 3:16pm
Maybe you forgot Dungey had the red plate in supercross before Roczen got hurt.
ledger
6/7/2015 3:22pm
BobPA wrote:
Ifs and buts bro, the record books do not show what "could" have happened....
Exactly, its etched in the tabloids. He knows how to play the game,,Dungey's future is bright after he hangs his helmet up also. He's a walking investment for the industry, $$$$$$$$, and he gets to hang out with THE MAN, Roger D.
bents
Fantasy
694th
6/7/2015 3:24pm
Don't bother with this knucklehead. As far as Dungey goes he might be one of the most efficient riders we have seen, and he is a killer too. Not flamboyant, just a winning machIne. People underestimate his desire big time. His goal is to go down as one of the best and he is well on his way, so suck it if you can't handle it.
Osaka627
6/7/2015 3:58pm
At the end of the day.... 20 years from now we won't be talking about Dungeys Moto Wins.. We will be talking about how RC & JS changed the sport forever, and paved the way for the next generation.
Drtbykr
6/7/2015 4:10pm
Osaka627 wrote:
At the end of the day.... 20 years from now we won't be talking about Dungeys Moto Wins.. We will be talking about how RC &...
At the end of the day.... 20 years from now we won't be talking about Dungeys Moto Wins.. We will be talking about how RC & JS changed the sport forever, and paved the way for the next generation.
In ways I agree. I'll never get over JS7 taking his fire-breathing Kawi over the whoops, barely touching the tops of them. However, I will also remember Dungey's giving KTM their first SX championship.

To be third to RC and JS7 in any MX category is money!
Spartacus
6/7/2015 4:35pm
The same kind of kick back when the JS7 fanboys use to get all FMOTP over him, it just drives some people in the opposite direction.

Just an observation.

rcm406
6/7/2015 4:44pm
Drtbykr wrote:

Outsider wrote:
Not only does he have a shit ton of overalls... he's got a shit ton of guys all over his nutz! WoohooLaughingTongue
Laughing Dungey will have better career #'s than RV when he retires! That's gotta hurt!Shocked
Outsider
6/7/2015 4:49pm
Drtbykr wrote:

Outsider wrote:
rcm406 wrote:
Laughing Dungey will have better career #'s than RV when he retires! That's gotta hurt!Shocked
Maybe..

But then it probably hurts more that RV beat Dungey for every title they finished together and then dropped the mic but what do I know? Woohoo
500guy
6/7/2015 4:54pm
Outsider wrote:
Maybe.. But then it probably hurts more that RV beat Dungey for every title they finished together and then dropped the mic but what do I...
Maybe..

But then it probably hurts more that RV beat Dungey for every title they finished together and then dropped the mic but what do I know? Woohoo
Some call it "dropping the Mic" Some say looped out and quit.
lestat
6/7/2015 4:56pm
fuckin NJ ....
Outsider
6/7/2015 5:00pm
Outsider wrote:
Maybe.. But then it probably hurts more that RV beat Dungey for every title they finished together and then dropped the mic but what do I...
Maybe..

500guy wrote:
Nah, I think when you win 4 in a row and then walk away it's called dropping the mike... nice try thoughWink
Osaka627
6/7/2015 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2015 5:44pm
Outsider wrote:
Maybe..

500guy wrote:
Outsider wrote:
Nah, I think when you win 4 in a row and then walk away it's called dropping the mike... nice try thoughWink
I concur... What I don't concur with is the fact at the end of the day. If we speak simply by records RV will be remembered as a better SX rider than MX Rider

and better than JS7 at both. Which I don't think is simply true...

Js7 was better rider
Rv better racer
Rd is like a Boeing Union laborer. Does as required no more no less.

Time will be the test

Post a reply to: Only RC and JS7 have more overalls than Dunge.

The Latest