One of Pings Best!!!!

Xavier
2/27/2010 10:18am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:02pm
It's one of those situations where, in my opinion, everyone is kind of right and wrong at the same time.

I can understand those who think Ping's humour can potentially hurt CP's image and I don't think Christophe deserves it so it's pretty unfair.

However, I've read Ping's anti-Euro (especially French) stuff long enough to know it's very much about the "cliché's" and second degree humour...

That you end up wondering if there is any "seriousness" behind his words only proves that, from a journalist point of view, it's well done.

Only him knows to which point he is joking or not, and that's the way it should be : as a journalist myself, I hate to see DC having to come up and tone him down !

No-one has to agree with his neo-con views either but he has the right to express them and one has the right to judge him based on that too...

Bottom line : Freedom of Speech is worth being defended, whether you agree with what you read, or don't (especially if you disagree, in fact).
DC
2/27/2010 10:40am
Xavier, I will only tone him down in that I will ask him to spread the humor a little more... Though he has been having a field day with the eighties' hair band known as the current Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki team!

Ping knows motocross, and he knows that regardless of the humor and sarcasm, Pourcel is just fantastic on a motorcycle. Like he said, Can't wait to see Chris on a big bike!

Thanks for reading his stuff, understanding it, and defending his right to say it too.

Maybe I will see you in Portugal in early May, if I can swing the trip.

DC
MX Sports

The Shop

Post a reply to: One of Pings Best!!!!

The Latest