One Industries done?

mj731
8/31/2016 6:01pm
I received an email that said they are sold out of inventory and discontinuing the brand. I actually liked some of their gear and am bummed about the news. I know it looked like this was going to happen for a while but it's sad to see a moto company go away.
|
Jmicmoto13
8/31/2016 6:04pm
Shoulda never signed J-Law....
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
8/31/2016 6:13pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
True. Could have had Dungey and a ton of championships and riders with #1 plates to go along with the One brand.

That sucks for the people that lost their jobs.
Jmicmoto13
8/31/2016 6:36pm
True. Could have had Dungey and a ton of championships and riders with #1 plates to go along with the One brand. That sucks for the...
True. Could have had Dungey and a ton of championships and riders with #1 plates to go along with the One brand.

That sucks for the people that lost their jobs.
Agreed. Sucks anytime someone has to lose a job. Especially in our small industry. I think the slide began when they lost Dungey, then all the factory teams started moving to other graphics company. Weren't they the first graphic company to "diversify"? Making gear, hard parts, clothing, etc...
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
8/31/2016 6:55pm
mj731 wrote:
I received an email that said they are sold out of inventory and discontinuing the brand. I actually liked some of their gear and am bummed...
I received an email that said they are sold out of inventory and discontinuing the brand. I actually liked some of their gear and am bummed about the news. I know it looked like this was going to happen for a while but it's sad to see a moto company go away.
Its a tangible sign of the health of the sport. Seems to me that Ive heard of companies struggling and/or closing more so than any time that I can remember. Just not enough money floating around.

Like mentioned already, I hate it for the people that are going to loose their jobs most of all.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
36th
8/31/2016 7:46pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2016 11:19am
I thought the main One dude went to D'cor?
The main One dude(s) went on to start/re-start 100%. But yes, the man that started D'Cor was very involved at One.
Adam43
8/31/2016 8:00pm
Ran their graphics exclusively for over a decade. RIP One.
visser62
8/31/2016 8:11pm
I used to be a huge fan of One Industries, but they seemed to go downhill after Ludo left.
aeffertz
8/31/2016 9:52pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Jesus Christ. Every thread...
Berm
Fantasy
82nd
8/31/2016 10:07pm
I liked One gear. Have 2 good sets left and wanted to buy a new set a couple weeks ago but bought Fly because I couldn't get One. Haven't tried out the Fly gear yet.
dirtnapper
8/31/2016 10:20pm
I loved my One helmet - it was the most comfortable helmet I've had.
HenryA
8/31/2016 10:33pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Kinda funny because they pretty much did a J-law. One had it all, anyone remember the sick designs they had for the CR's back in the days? Or the factory Kawasaki kit?

What a shame. Dry
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
9/1/2016 12:30am
I worked for the NZ distributor when one first launced, think it must have been around 97, the graphics were next level above anything else available at the time, with printed seat covers they were so trick,

the helmets were good when they came out as well, great price point, sold a heap of them (was in a retail shop by then) they must have sold a heap of the monster branded gear as well,

Jmicmoto13
9/1/2016 3:09am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Jesus Christ. Every thread...
Except this time it's applicable.
Jmicmoto13
9/1/2016 3:11am
HenryA wrote:
Kinda funny because they pretty much did a J-law. One had it all, anyone remember the sick designs they had for the CR's back in the...
Kinda funny because they pretty much did a J-law. One had it all, anyone remember the sick designs they had for the CR's back in the days? Or the factory Kawasaki kit?

What a shame. Dry
Agreed. The '08 Monster Kawasaki graphics Stewart had are still some of my favorite.
9/1/2016 4:11am
I was a rep for one in MI for 10 years. They are officially done now but have been for almost two years. As other members stated, one original owner started D'cor, the others are now the guys behind 100%. The brand was always successful when I was there. They grew to big to fast and sold the company to private equity firms to have more capital and expand the product offering. When this happened key people were let go, and the original owners lost control. Several more acquisitions happened over the next few years and it got worse every time. The company constantly had turn over and a different direction which left them unstable. Eventually industry outsiders were running the company and tanked it the last couple years I was there. I made the decision to leave which was sad. I was there when they started as a small graphic company and saw all the highs of the Monster wave, and all their gear releases. They had some of the sickest stuff for sure. RIP
cappelmans
9/1/2016 4:37am
So sad, this was a brand that just did not make anything ugly. Back around 2000'ish era they had the best looking graphics, websites and when they released their helmets they were the best looking by far. I wonder when it went south for them.

The brand still has a lot of value. Everyone knows the name, I could see someone buying it.
cappelmans
9/1/2016 4:39am
I was a rep for one in MI for 10 years. They are officially done now but have been for almost two years. As other members...
I was a rep for one in MI for 10 years. They are officially done now but have been for almost two years. As other members stated, one original owner started D'cor, the others are now the guys behind 100%. The brand was always successful when I was there. They grew to big to fast and sold the company to private equity firms to have more capital and expand the product offering. When this happened key people were let go, and the original owners lost control. Several more acquisitions happened over the next few years and it got worse every time. The company constantly had turn over and a different direction which left them unstable. Eventually industry outsiders were running the company and tanked it the last couple years I was there. I made the decision to leave which was sad. I was there when they started as a small graphic company and saw all the highs of the Monster wave, and all their gear releases. They had some of the sickest stuff for sure. RIP
Thanks for the info Chris, very sad it went like that.
VicDaMoan03
9/1/2016 4:48am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2016 5:57am
Kinda silly how Dungey threw a big fit because Jlaw would be wearing the same gear. There must be something else to it right?
mx_563
9/1/2016 7:12am
I think there was a question about ONE on the Pulpmx show recently and JT$ was saying any gear brand that isn't tied to a distributor (Fly --> WPS, Thor --> Parts Unlimited, etc) is going to really struggle to survive.

I read an interview with Ludo Boinnard about how he started ONE industries that was really interesting. It seemed pretty methodical how it went from graphics to the Trooper helmet and gear. Definitely a shame how things ended up.
9/1/2016 7:21am
mx_563 wrote:
I think there was a question about ONE on the Pulpmx show recently and JT$ was saying any gear brand that isn't tied to a distributor...
I think there was a question about ONE on the Pulpmx show recently and JT$ was saying any gear brand that isn't tied to a distributor (Fly --> WPS, Thor --> Parts Unlimited, etc) is going to really struggle to survive.

I read an interview with Ludo Boinnard about how he started ONE industries that was really interesting. It seemed pretty methodical how it went from graphics to the Trooper helmet and gear. Definitely a shame how things ended up.
THIS is a good point. Also proves why we STILL do not have Alpinestars MX gear in the USA. Parts Unlimited doesn't want to harm their Thor and Moose brands.

WPS has Fly, Tucker has ANSR, MSR and Arai, Parts has A-Stars, Thor and Moose. All exclusively.

However, brands like Fox, Troy Lee, Seven, Oakley and others have proven that you can sustain a brand without being owned by or linked to a Major distributor.
kyle43mx
9/1/2016 7:30am
Alpinestars has been distributing in the US for the past 2 years or so.

Also this made me think, I wonder what brand Grant will wear in 17 since he's got that factory Kawi ride???
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
9/1/2016 7:32am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
×1000
9/1/2016 7:35am
kyle43mx wrote:
Alpinestars has been distributing in the US for the past 2 years or so. Also this made me think, I wonder what brand Grant will wear...

Also this made me think, I wonder what brand Grant will wear in 17 since he's got that factory Kawi ride???
No, they have not. The Pants and Jerseys are not in the US.
9/1/2016 7:37am
Buddy of mine had the One Ind. Seth Enslow graphics kit on his 2000 CR... Always thought they were bad ass. Hate to hear the company is done

ML512
Fantasy
36th
9/1/2016 7:37am
kyle43mx wrote:
Alpinestars has been distributing in the US for the past 2 years or so. Also this made me think, I wonder what brand Grant will wear...

MANNERS226 wrote:
No, they have not. The Pants and Jerseys are not in the US.
Yes, they have. Alpinestars now keeps a stock of gear here in the USA and sells it direct to consumer from their website.

Also, I'd expect to see Josh Grant continue on with Shift/Fox and Shoei.
mx_563
9/1/2016 7:38am
Another tidbit from Pulpmx that came to light (if memory serves) is the very high "chancibility" that Alpinestarts distribution will go to WPS.

So what about the bicycle line, is that part of the ONE INDUSTRIES business done too? Are we talking the whole shabang or just the motocross stuff?

Lightning78
9/1/2016 7:40am
mj731 wrote:
I received an email that said they are sold out of inventory and discontinuing the brand. I actually liked some of their gear and am bummed...
kzizok wrote:
Its a tangible sign of the health of the sport. Seems to me that Ive heard of companies struggling and/or closing more so than any time...
Its a tangible sign of the health of the sport. Seems to me that Ive heard of companies struggling and/or closing more so than any time that I can remember. Just not enough money floating around.

Like mentioned already, I hate it for the people that are going to loose their jobs most of all.
I wouldn't say it's a sign of anything realistically to me what it seems like as they were overexposed over diversified and spread too thin with too many product lines of too many unrelated things . It probably would've been much smarter to keep one as a graphics and plastics company and diversify into gear with a subsidiary company for the gear itself holy run by other people control at the top by the same they just spread their self too thin. And as a result needed capital so they sold two larger firms which as stated above lost the direction of the brand and so on and so forth ultimately to their demise
Lightning78
9/1/2016 7:41am
I do still have one of their last sets of gear it was a sort of punk rock type line really cool stuff very unique and I've never seen another set I'll have to post a pic once I put my gear bag out you guys will dig it some awesome stuff plus it was really good quality
Fearo
9/1/2016 8:02am
RIP One Sad . After No Fear, my favorite brand of all time. I still refuse to wear any other glove than their (Armada/gamma) glove. Guess I'll have to buy 10 sets before they're gone.

Post a reply to: One Industries done?

The Latest