Fantasy
1081st
Edited Date/Time 1/16/2016 8:25am
|
marx41
Fantasy
1387th
1/15/2016 12:59pm
Lots of cross jumping going on there on the first lap. And that hit, just...damn.
kkawboy14
1/15/2016 1:01pm
marx41 wrote:
Lots of cross jumping going on there on the first lap. And that hit, just...damn.
Jumping to get to where you want to be is normal sx......we just call it cross jumping
40Plus_922mx
1/15/2016 1:11pm
If you are referring to JA21 he was a tad cross rutten off that finish and floated way left, he used his leg to yank him back mid air a tad. Sweet.
Olson
1/15/2016 1:14pm
My head hurts just from watching. wow very speed such hurt

The Shop

RedRum666
1/15/2016 1:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2016 1:21pm
The actual impact with the Dunge did not appear as bad as I thought it would...but the " thud .. dush " of james head hitting the ground is knarly...especially how his head just comes to a hault " Dush" in that soft stuff...

Hope he passes the test today and we see him on the track tomorrow....dude is a tough SOB...no doubt!!
jeffro503
1/15/2016 1:46pm
UUHHGG!...That hit!

Man that was one sketchy looking SX track. Blows my mind how close these guys rub elbows going at those speeds like it's no big deal.

Glad James didn't break anything , hurt a shoulder , ribs ect. And the concussion , hopefully it was minor and he's feeling good by this weekend or next.
TeamRags
1/15/2016 1:55pm
I've been one that believed that this was just a racing incident from the get go. After watching that video, RD came well beyond the apex of that corner when James was already looking down field to make a pass. I have to change my opinion now. Bad move my RD.
1/15/2016 2:07pm
Stewart cut down further on the 1st lap then he did when he got hit.. Crappy situation.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/15/2016 2:08pm
There were a lot of guys making pretty aggressive moves here. Sucks that contact was made, and sucks that James got hurt. But I'm not going to crucify anyone for attempting to make a pass.

How many of you would be griping if he also didn't make the attempt? ("He's not aggressive enough.")
kaptkaos
1/15/2016 2:50pm
So maybe now everyone that was blaming Stu can please retract their statements....

Dungey is virtually going the wrong way, #21 was cross jumping the whole track, Stewart was riding very well and within himself and was a very unlucky victim of a rare moment when Dungey is out of control.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/15/2016 2:57pm
kaptkaos wrote:
So maybe now everyone that was blaming Stu can please retract their statements.... Dungey is virtually going the wrong way, #21 was cross jumping the whole...
So maybe now everyone that was blaming Stu can please retract their statements....

Dungey is virtually going the wrong way, #21 was cross jumping the whole track, Stewart was riding very well and within himself and was a very unlucky victim of a rare moment when Dungey is out of control.
Do you think that if you had cameras on all 22 guys in the main event, that you'd discover 21 of them do this at some point? (It'd likely be all 22, but there's no one to get an on-track view of the guy in last.)
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/15/2016 2:57pm
Grizz wrote:
I put my headphones on to watch that, dick. Laughing
You're welcome. :D
DonM
1/15/2016 3:00pm
kaptkaos wrote:
So maybe now everyone that was blaming Stu can please retract their statements.... Dungey is virtually going the wrong way, #21 was cross jumping the whole...

I suggest you go find another sport because it is quite apparent you don't understand this one....
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/15/2016 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2016 3:07pm
TeamRags wrote:
I've been one that believed that this was just a racing incident from the get go. After watching that video, RD came well beyond the apex...
I've been one that believed that this was just a racing incident from the get go. After watching that video, RD came well beyond the apex of that corner when James was already looking down field to make a pass. I have to change my opinion now. Bad move my RD.
It was a good move by Dungey because he made the pass and he didn't crash, mission accomplished.Cool It may have been a gamble but this time it paid off.
kaptkaos
1/15/2016 3:07pm
All I hear on Pulp from rider interviews is riders complaining about JA21 cross jumping a lot, and here we go, 2 laps into A1 and hes all over the place. Granted he was flying, but no doubt he was cross jumping. I saw the on boards from Seely and his lines were clean.

Stu's lines were clean.

DonM, you have the right to your opinion. But trying to make a bold one line statement to prove your point does nothing to convince me to change mine. If you have some facts based on the visual evidence that has just been provided, then please make me believe....
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/15/2016 3:09pm
kaptkaos wrote:
All I hear on Pulp from rider interviews is riders complaining about JA21 cross jumping a lot, and here we go, 2 laps into A1 and...
All I hear on Pulp from rider interviews is riders complaining about JA21 cross jumping a lot, and here we go, 2 laps into A1 and hes all over the place. Granted he was flying, but no doubt he was cross jumping. I saw the on boards from Seely and his lines were clean.

Stu's lines were clean.

DonM, you have the right to your opinion. But trying to make a bold one line statement to prove your point does nothing to convince me to change mine. If you have some facts based on the visual evidence that has just been provided, then please make me believe....
Racing aint for everyone and I suspect from most of your posts the racing is a bit out of your comfort zone. Whistling
DonM
1/15/2016 3:15pm
kaptkaos wrote:
All I hear on Pulp from rider interviews is riders complaining about JA21 cross jumping a lot, and here we go, 2 laps into A1 and...

Stu's lines were clean.

I believe GuyB's point is accurate....lotsa ruts people are going to cross rut and getting cross rutted is not cross jumping...just an fyi..
kaptkaos
1/15/2016 3:26pm
Agreed. People do cross rut.

I just happen see #21 get cross rutted a whole lot more than Seely and James were...and I heard it all last year from other racers.

Lostboy819, yeah getting punted into a dirtnap on lap 2 of A1 is out of my comfort zone for sure. But I bet James was totally comfortable and cool with it.

The whole point I was trying to make is that it wasnt Stu's fault, he was blameless in the incident. It was a racing incident, and although unintentional, it was Dungeys fault for not having control of his bike and TBoning another rider.

There is always someone at fault, whether intentional or not, there is always fault. Ask your insurance company. No you cant blame the track design either...
Teej317
Fantasy
2087th
1/15/2016 3:35pm
On that first lap after the dragon's back Barcia steps out of his rut and unintentionally takes Anderson wide while James dives to the inside. Seems like if James could have gotten over that bridge jump a little cleaner, he may of had the drive to pass Barcia on the outside after a drag race down the start straight. Would have been a completely different outcome. Sucks. I'm believing James will be on the gate in SD.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/15/2016 3:38pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Agreed. People do cross rut. I just happen see #21 get cross rutted a whole lot more than Seely and James were...and I heard it all...

I just happen see #21 get cross rutted a whole lot more than Seely and James were...and I heard it all last year from other racers.

Lostboy819, yeah getting punted into a dirtnap on lap 2 of A1 is out of my comfort zone for sure. But I bet James was totally comfortable and cool with it.

The whole point I was trying to make is that it wasnt Stu's fault, he was blameless in the incident. It was a racing incident, and although unintentional, it was Dungeys fault for not having control of his bike and TBoning another rider.

There is always someone at fault, whether intentional or not, there is always fault. Ask your insurance company. No you cant blame the track design either...
Put it this way,James has been the punter far more times than he has been the puntee.
1/15/2016 3:39pm
Bigfoot wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/01/15/119945/s1200_StewartDungeyOhShit.jpg[/img] "Oh shi......"

"Oh shi......"
"It's Stewart's fault."

-Vitards
zehn
1/15/2016 3:42pm
Teej317 wrote:
On that first lap after the dragon's back Barcia steps out of his rut and unintentionally takes Anderson wide while James dives to the inside. Seems...
On that first lap after the dragon's back Barcia steps out of his rut and unintentionally takes Anderson wide while James dives to the inside. Seems like if James could have gotten over that bridge jump a little cleaner, he may of had the drive to pass Barcia on the outside after a drag race down the start straight. Would have been a completely different outcome. Sucks. I'm believing James will be on the gate in SD.
He actually had the pass made over the wall but wasn't able to make it stick. Wish he had, he would never have been in the position he was had he made it stick
racer369
1/15/2016 3:48pm
SHAME ON YOU JAMES!!!!!!!!! At the 38 second mark you changed lines on the face of a jump! They are raising hell about VF for doing that! SHAME ON YOU!
kaptkaos
1/15/2016 3:49pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Agreed. People do cross rut. I just happen see #21 get cross rutted a whole lot more than Seely and James were...and I heard it all...

lostboy819 wrote:
Put it this way,James has been the punter far more times than he has been the puntee.
I can totally agree with that. I'm a fan of both Dungey and Stu, and I want to see them both race, thats all.
Brent
1/15/2016 3:52pm
I thought the leg swag from Anderson was the most interesting thing here.

Those 180 wide turns are designed to encourage cut down turns and contact, I'm really surprised this doesn't happen more often...

Post a reply to: Onboard: James Stewart Main Event - Anaheim 1

The Latest