http://www.oldschoolscramblesracing.com/event.html#
See you there on my Ossa Phantom
|
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
5/3/2016 9:10pm
On a golf course!? That's awesome!
Having a grass track race this weekend in Tennesse, but it ain't no golf course.

How come the limit is 1974 though? Evo bikes not cool enough?
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/3/2016 9:10pm
Talk about checking one off the bucket list!
5/3/2016 9:21pm
colintrax wrote:
On a golf course!? That's awesome! Having a grass track race this weekend in Tennesse, but it ain't no golf course. How come the limit is...
On a golf course!? That's awesome!
Having a grass track race this weekend in Tennesse, but it ain't no golf course.

How come the limit is 1974 though? Evo bikes not cool enough?
Have a peek at the course on the website, Gary Jones approved, gonna be nostalgic.

The Shop

JPT
5/3/2016 9:35pm
kzizok wrote:
Talk about checking one off the bucket list!
The Source wrote:
Yep
Used to dream about that.
450crf_732
5/3/2016 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2016 9:47pm
That's rad, that course has been shut down for some time. I used to play there in my junior high and high school days. I may have to cruise up visit the parents and check this out!
mumbles
Fantasy
842nd
5/4/2016 7:49am
The Source wrote:
May 8th, bikes up to 1974.
http://www.oldschoolscramblesracing.com/event.html#
See you there on my Ossa Phantom
WOW, first I have heard about this. I wish I would have know earlier. I can't make it on Sunday but I might come up Saturday with my Greeves. Can I just show up on Saturday and get my Greeves into the bike show? I really like that you put the late great Dave Bickers on the poster. Are those going to be available for purchase?
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
5/4/2016 7:57am
sounds so cool. No! I won't get a vintage bike, no, please no.... I wish.
Gavzx7
5/4/2016 9:01am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2016 9:04am
I'll be there on my Goldstar and my Greeves Griffon. I'm number 90. Excited that I don't have to try and race these dinosaurs on tracks with big jumps. My Goldstar has a gravitational doubler device built in so I can't huck the big triples on it. Smile

Darrin
ATKpilot99
5/4/2016 9:19am
Id love to see an event like that around here but with evo classes added. It's really the only type of riding I'm interested in doing these days .
Bultaco
5/4/2016 10:13am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2016 10:14am
Wish I could come out and ride. I used to live in Apple Valley and then Victorville in the late 50's/early 60's. Dad stationed at George A.F.B.) It would be fun to see the area again. And to race old school.
5/4/2016 5:59pm
Bultaco wrote:
Wish I could come out and ride. I used to live in Apple Valley and then Victorville in the late 50's/early 60's. Dad stationed at George...
Wish I could come out and ride. I used to live in Apple Valley and then Victorville in the late 50's/early 60's. Dad stationed at George A.F.B.) It would be fun to see the area again. And to race old school.
I know at least 4 Bultacos racing, finishing is the question
JPT
5/4/2016 6:08pm
Gavzx7 wrote:
I'll be there on my Goldstar and my Greeves Griffon. I'm number 90. Excited that I don't have to try and race these dinosaurs on tracks...
I'll be there on my Goldstar and my Greeves Griffon. I'm number 90. Excited that I don't have to try and race these dinosaurs on tracks with big jumps. My Goldstar has a gravitational doubler device built in so I can't huck the big triples on it. Smile

Darrin
Leading link on the Greeves?
5/4/2016 6:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2016 6:36pm
Gavzx7 wrote:
I'll be there on my Goldstar and my Greeves Griffon. I'm number 90. Excited that I don't have to try and race these dinosaurs on tracks...

Darrin
Try out the ARX series at Glen Helen & Comp Edge, beautiful prepped tracks for vintage and family. Well run, great people and your're on the highway home by 1 in the afternoon. Check out the website and see you there.
http://www.americanretrocross.org
Gavzx7
5/5/2016 6:50am
Gavzx7 wrote:

Darrin
JPT wrote:
Leading link on the Greeves?
Ceriani's on it. I do have leading link on my Anglian though.
Gavzx7
5/5/2016 6:52am
Gavzx7 wrote:

Darrin
The Source wrote:
Try out the ARX series at Glen Helen & Comp Edge, beautiful prepped tracks for vintage and family. Well run, great people and your're on the...
Try out the ARX series at Glen Helen & Comp Edge, beautiful prepped tracks for vintage and family. Well run, great people and your're on the highway home by 1 in the afternoon. Check out the website and see you there.
http://www.americanretrocross.org
I have raced the Retrocross series a few times. The tracks (like CalVMX too) are too much for my bikes with the limited amount of travel. I do love their format though. Done racing by 1pm.
Bultaco
5/5/2016 7:21am
The Source wrote:
Nothing has really changed with Bultaco eh? WinkWinkWink

(For the record the pursangs and sherpas I owned were fairly reliable back in their time. Relative to what "reliable" was in those times)
Bultaco
5/5/2016 7:35am
Where the race will be at the Westwinds Golf & Moto Course. Smile At the old George Air Force Base. Now I really wish Victorville were 3000 miles closer.

Highsider
5/5/2016 9:22am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2016 9:23am
This is so awesome to hear about!
Have fun everybody.
5/5/2016 11:11am
Bultaco wrote:
Where the race will be at the Westwinds Golf & Moto Course. :) At the old George Air Force Base. Now I really wish Victorville were...
Where the race will be at the Westwinds Golf & Moto Course. Smile At the old George Air Force Base. Now I really wish Victorville were 3000 miles closer.

Perfect weather predicted in the 70's, mild wind with scattered clouds... Looking good, can't wait
JPT
5/5/2016 2:20pm
The Source wrote:
Bultaco wrote:
Nothing has really changed with Bultaco eh? ;) ;) ;) (For the record the pursangs and sherpas I owned were fairly reliable back in their time...

(For the record the pursangs and sherpas I owned were fairly reliable back in their time. Relative to what "reliable" was in those times)
I remember seeing the front brake hub on a Bandito in at least 4 pieces.

Speaking of Banditos I'm guessing when the archeologists dig up certain areas of the Midwest in several hundred years they'll wonder what those shards of black and white fiberglass came from.Wink
5/5/2016 8:50pm
The Source wrote:
Bultaco wrote:
Nothing has really changed with Bultaco eh? ;) ;) ;) (For the record the pursangs and sherpas I owned were fairly reliable back in their time...

JPT wrote:
I remember seeing the front brake hub on a Bandito in at least 4 pieces. Speaking of Banditos I'm guessing when the archeologists dig up certain...
I remember seeing the front brake hub on a Bandito in at least 4 pieces.

Speaking of Banditos I'm guessing when the archeologists dig up certain areas of the Midwest in several hundred years they'll wonder what those shards of black and white fiberglass came from.Wink
Brakes are overrated ✔️ As Brad Lackey said" back when men were men and bikes where junk"

Post a reply to: Old School Scramble in Victorville on golf course

The Latest