Ok I'm starting to lose faith in mookie.

deluxeman
3/5/2017 7:09pm
Well he did it again, raced his way to the back of the field, well the middle of the pack and got lapped. Yes he should have a full factory ride.
250John
3/5/2017 8:06pm
Cracks me up the people that are total Stewart Fanboys and don't look at anything with common sense.

Everything I read, Mookie priced himself out of any ride he was going to be offered. He won a 250 Championship and thought he was going to sign a contract with a HUGE payday. When he held out for too much money, any ride out there was gone.

It is not a secret that Mookie NEVER has been into training much. He has always been the guy that wanted to go to the lake and fish instead of training. I am just guessing, but he probably puts in some laps during the week, but is no where close to the amount of time the top guy are spending in the gym, on the road bike, or watching their diet.

If Mookie or Bubba wanted to race, go buy some bikes and be ready to go at A1. Wilson bought a Yamaha and a Sprinter and was at A1. The bikes today are so good that anyone can buy a bike, and with the money buy A kit suspension, Ohlins and some motor mods and be competitive. Does not take trick Ti parts to make a bike competitive in todays world.

End of the day, Mookie has a lack of drive issue. No different than Bubba right now, he is not showing up unless someone is writing a big fat check. If he wanted to race he would be there racing.

Mookie will be a 10th to 15th place rider. And if any of you think he is going to do better outdoors in a 30 minute plus 2 lap moto, your crazy.
Mit12
3/5/2017 8:57pm
One word CONDITIONING!!!
JMR1976
3/5/2017 9:18pm
Mit12 wrote:
One word CONDITIONING!!!
Exactly get some cardio! I'm 40 I'd bet i could be in Mookie shape in 8 weeks.

The Shop

bents
Fantasy
694th
3/5/2017 9:29pm
I don't understand all of this Mookie fever. He is clearly not prepared to be in this class despite having nothing but time to get ready. Maybe that is why he doesn't have a ride. Hard work will beat talent when talent doesn't work hard. Mookie, meet Baggett. Baggett is talented but he works his ass off. See: results.
Ted722
3/5/2017 9:54pm
Here's 11th(Grant), 13th(Musquin), and 15th(Stewart)

- Grant started 15th, had his fast lap at 11, had a bad lap but finished strong
- Musquin started 8th, had the flu, and soldiered on to a 13th
- Stewart started 5th and within 5 laps started dropping anchor.

Who knows what's really going on. Could be bike setup, mental, conditioning, girlfriend, etc...where have I heard this before?

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Whats-up-with-Tomac,13133…

Would be cool if Malcolm answers any question this week with "Yeah, I just got some arm pump. I'll be back."
RonJon
3/6/2017 4:02am
I would still take Stewart over Barcia.
3/6/2017 4:36am
Dear Mookie,

I don't know what your body composition is like, but if you're bulking up you need to cut it out and just get lean on the exercise bike so you can last 20 laps.

Sincerely,
Someone who stayed at a Holiday Inn Express
tek14
3/6/2017 5:45am
He does great job when track is fresh. One of best riders in heat races or even semis if track holds.
Worse track gets less he riders like earlier in same day.
At practice he did quad clean like it was sunday ride.. when they did show him main he could not even clear doubles and was one of slowest at same rythm line. If you practice alone at Florida and ride hard CA tracks it wont be shock to have armpump when every landing gets rutted.. when you get armpump there is not worse feeling than jump in ruts.
If he started to work harder mid season it will only hurt his performance now and maybe help more summer if he keeps going.
DannoJ919
3/6/2017 6:51am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
There's no time for common sense here, it's a Stewart thread. ;) I think he's doing good for a rookie that's not on a factory bike...
There's no time for common sense here, it's a Stewart thread. Wink

I think he's doing good for a rookie that's not on a factory bike, and has shown more speed than I was expecting.

I would bet that him and his team are pretty happy with his results and exposure so far. Smile

You sure do have to read a lot of pessimism around here. Dizzy
GuyB wrote:
It gets pretty old. I know negativity is in (all the cool kids are doing it), but jeez, I thought people came here because they liked...
It gets pretty old. I know negativity is in (all the cool kids are doing it), but jeez, I thought people came here because they liked the sport.
GuyB, I am with you. I don't get it. Everyone just wants to rip on each other or the riders. Pretty sure Mookie wants better results too. But so does everyone else in the main and the guys that miss the main. In the end those guys are out there doing what they love to do and some are lucky enough to make decent money doing it. Maybe all of those that have been doing their jobs for 10 to 12 years should be moved positions to something much tougher and get less money because they aren't as successful or potentially lose their jobs because they cant adapt.
Its easy to be a critic at a keyboard, but most of those critic would whine about being criticized in their own life.
RCMXracing
3/6/2017 3:35pm
Get real people! I would say he is doing well considering being out a van. At the elite level it takes a supporting team to get it done. How well was Deano doing? Look how Tomac flipped the script with bike set up, and he was factory! And what is this obsession with every rider needing to look like a ballerina?! Lose 20 lbs, Wtf?! Everyone has different body types, and Malcom just isn't a tiny starved snowflake compared to other riders.
Flatliner
3/6/2017 3:51pm
RCMXracing wrote:
Get real people! I would say he is doing well considering being out a van. At the elite level it takes a supporting team to get...
Get real people! I would say he is doing well considering being out a van. At the elite level it takes a supporting team to get it done. How well was Deano doing? Look how Tomac flipped the script with bike set up, and he was factory! And what is this obsession with every rider needing to look like a ballerina?! Lose 20 lbs, Wtf?! Everyone has different body types, and Malcom just isn't a tiny starved snowflake compared to other riders.
He's out of a semi, except for Toronto. On factory suspension.
RCMXracing
3/6/2017 4:04pm
Flatliner wrote:
Missed the point. He does NOT have elite level team support. Period.
3/6/2017 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2017 4:15pm
RCMXracing wrote:
No he does not and I applaud him for betting on himself and going racing but he doesn't need top tier to support to be in shape to race. There's a lot of things in this sport that are uncontrollable, a rider can't make sure he has the top level equipment but a rider can make sure he's in good physical shape to do his job. Mookie will get there I have no doubt of that in my mind. We've seen him make podiums on a 450 outdoors we know he can be in great racing shape.
Flatliner
3/6/2017 4:21pm
Flatliner wrote:
RCMXracing wrote:
Those mcr bikes look pretty darn decent and he turned down a paid gig with them if you believe the talk.

My point is I do think he's made his own bed a little bit regarding his current level of support.
race
3/6/2017 4:26pm
Gotta think a lot of his crashing is just him running out of gas physically. Not sure how he will be able to get in shape at this point for two outdoor motos if he is having problems in SX.

Has he indicated that he even wants to do the outdoor series?

RCMXracing
3/6/2017 4:28pm
No he does not and I applaud him for betting on himself and going racing but he doesn't need top tier to support to be in...
No he does not and I applaud him for betting on himself and going racing but he doesn't need top tier to support to be in shape to race. There's a lot of things in this sport that are uncontrollable, a rider can't make sure he has the top level equipment but a rider can make sure he's in good physical shape to do his job. Mookie will get there I have no doubt of that in my mind. We've seen him make podiums on a 450 outdoors we know he can be in great racing shape.
How does anyone Really know what kind of conditioning he has? Seriously. I've ridden bikes I could barely hang on to. Couple clickers, problem solved. Deano was flopping around in the series and looked like crap until Dallas...did he suddenly get fit?! This bullshit of people saying someone is a "hard worker" v.s. lazy is based on what?! Some insta pics and vids of gym workouts and bike rides v.s. a guy rides a jet ski (Kroc) or fishes? That's why Anderson isn't on social media much, because "oh, he's hanging at the mall, LaZY!" Nobody knows unless they are inner circle. No one said Coop was out of shape at the beginning of the series did they? He wasn't very good was he? There are so many factors at play.
smoothies862
Fantasy
745th
3/6/2017 5:38pm
I love you and the sport guyb!!!Kissing

it is brutal sometimes. how can you be one of the best on the planet at your "job" . not get paid a ton. risk your body etc. then get torn apart for only getting 15th against the best on the hardest tracks. I don't think its his results. its the image of not training to get said results. look at tomac. maybe mookie gets his set up dialed and doesn't get wore out so bad.

Post a reply to: Ok I'm starting to lose faith in mookie.

The Latest