Oh the Irony, Shoei Ad

bh84
Fantasy
1761st
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2014 4:16pm
Anyone else finding it hilarious that Shoei's newest ad for the VFX-W is accompanied by the tag line "The worlds most evolved helmet" yet the photo is of Barcia, who's nickname likens him to a caveman...

I'm not hating on BamBam or Shoei, I love my VFX-W, just noticing the irony
|

The Shop

mx510
Fantasy
1707th
1/26/2014 5:21pm
Trent179 wrote:
Are you high? Lol
jasonv43 wrote:
The answer is in his avatar.
Now that's funny.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
1/26/2014 6:05pm
Hmm yeah, it is a good time to change my avatar isnt it? Now that I've got a deal with Yamaha.

So how many of you guys are getting rides?

1/26/2014 6:09pm
Maybe I ll get one for my wife, but no chance in hell I ll ever get a quad. Iol! Sorry bud
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
1/26/2014 6:13pm
Maybe I ll get one for my wife, but no chance in hell I ll ever get a quad. Iol! Sorry bud
And I'm not telling you to. I've said it before I respect bike guys and I love watching MX and SX. I just found I have a talent on quads and I've decided to pursue it. Apparently that makes every opinion I have moot on here. I've raced bikes before, I buy them cheap, have some fun on them then sell them.
jasonv43
1/26/2014 6:17pm
Well at least you are wearing a Shoei.Cool
Muzzle
1/26/2014 6:18pm
Hating on quad guys is lame. I personally prefer two wheels but our 4 wheeled brothers don't deserve any disrespect from us. The guy obviously has skills and comes across more well spoken that a lot on this board. Good grief.

Besides we all face the same access closures of public land so instead of being a douche we ought to play nice and work together.
JW381
1/26/2014 6:42pm
Quad-related homosexuality aside, I don't see the irony in the Shoei ad. Like I get what you're saying but I just don't really see it or think it's that funny lol
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
1/26/2014 6:57pm
Trent179 wrote:
Are you high? Lol
jasonv43 wrote:
The answer is in his avatar.
Gettin' high sittin' on his couch!
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
1/26/2014 7:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2014 7:04pm
Muzzle wrote:
Hating on quad guys is lame. I personally prefer two wheels but our 4 wheeled brothers don't deserve any disrespect from us. The guy obviously has...
Hating on quad guys is lame. I personally prefer two wheels but our 4 wheeled brothers don't deserve any disrespect from us. The guy obviously has skills and comes across more well spoken that a lot on this board. Good grief.

Besides we all face the same access closures of public land so instead of being a douche we ought to play nice and work together.
More of this please.

Congratulations on your factory(?) Yamaha ride, bh84!
erikcrvjl
1/26/2014 7:05pm
bh84 wrote:
Hmm yeah, it is a good time to change my avatar isnt it? Now that I've got a deal with Yamaha. So how many of you...
Hmm yeah, it is a good time to change my avatar isnt it? Now that I've got a deal with Yamaha.

I get rides.
Outsider
1/26/2014 7:11pm
Muzzle wrote:
Hating on quad guys is lame. I personally prefer two wheels but our 4 wheeled brothers don't deserve any disrespect from us. The guy obviously has...

Making fun of quads is fucking funny and a tradition here... truth be told, most everybody here has spent some time on one... but, you don't talk about it.. like when you bone a fat chick.

Lighten up noob
rolandk
1/26/2014 7:29pm
I wonder what Shoei and Arai think of the 6D helmet and if they will come out with something similar.
shredder22
1/26/2014 7:30pm
bh84 wrote:
Hmm yeah, it is a good time to change my avatar isnt it? Now that I've got a deal with Yamaha. So how many of you...

People actually race quads?
jasonv43
1/26/2014 7:33pm
rolandk wrote:
I wonder what Shoei and Arai think of the 6D helmet and if they will come out with something similar.
Shoei's reaction:

AZ35
Fantasy
550th
1/26/2014 7:41pm
Outsider wrote:
Making fun of quads is fucking funny and a tradition here... truth be told, most everybody here has spent some time on one... but, you don't...
Making fun of quads is fucking funny and a tradition here... truth be told, most everybody here has spent some time on one... but, you don't talk about it.. like when you bone a fat chick.

Lighten up noob
"Like when you bone a fat chick"Tongue

Done both, more times than I would like to admit..... At least the quad riding did not involve too much drinking.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
1/26/2014 8:37pm
Muzzle wrote:

More of this please.

Congratulations on your factory(?) Yamaha ride, bh84!
Thank you! Its not like I'm racing out of a rig but I did get the machine for free. Loving it so far!
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
1/26/2014 8:48pm
ford832 wrote:
I remember from here....and it still cracks me up. Woohoo

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Score-one-for-the-quad-gu…
shredder22 wrote:
That is hilarious. "I'm a pro! I'm a pro! I'd smoke RV!"
I said nothing of the sort. I stated that I run Pro in Canada, which I have every right to say. not a word about beating RV.

I have a ton of respect for the guys racing SX. I did it twice in Montreal, those tracks are much more difficult than they look, and the whoops are insanity.

Truth is I can do more on my quad than most of the guys chirping can on their bikes, if you think not I'll gladly ride with any of you guys. If you beat me then congrats to you, if not you'll be eating humble pie.

I usually try to refrain from getting cocky, but when 2 wheel guys chirp it feels good to knock them down a peg, the best was some kid that races in my series tried it. I looked up both our laptimes from an event we were both at and posted them, I was 11 seconds a lap faster.
TerryK
1/26/2014 8:54pm
Give the guy a break, he's Canadian.
shredder22
1/26/2014 9:22pm
ford832 wrote:
I remember from here....and it still cracks me up. Woohoo

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Score-one-for-the-quad-gu…
shredder22 wrote:
That is hilarious. "I'm a pro! I'm a pro! I'd smoke RV!"
bh84 wrote:
I said nothing of the sort. I stated that I run Pro in Canada, which I have every right to say. not a word about beating...
I said nothing of the sort. I stated that I run Pro in Canada, which I have every right to say. not a word about beating RV.

I have a ton of respect for the guys racing SX. I did it twice in Montreal, those tracks are much more difficult than they look, and the whoops are insanity.

Truth is I can do more on my quad than most of the guys chirping can on their bikes, if you think not I'll gladly ride with any of you guys. If you beat me then congrats to you, if not you'll be eating humble pie.

I usually try to refrain from getting cocky, but when 2 wheel guys chirp it feels good to knock them down a peg, the best was some kid that races in my series tried it. I looked up both our laptimes from an event we were both at and posted them, I was 11 seconds a lap faster.
You didn't specify being a Pro in Canada. Somebody else did that for you after you stated that you were pro, at least twice. And you either said your lap times or another guy on a quads lap times would beat RV and Dungey.

As for humble pie, how are you going to make us eat it? You're on 4 wheels. I get it, you're AWESOME at riding a quad, but it's not the same thing as riding a dirt bike. 4 wheels is not the same thing as 2 wheels.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
1/26/2014 10:15pm
shredder22 wrote:
You didn't specify being a Pro in Canada. Somebody else did that for you after you stated that you were pro, at least twice. And you...
You didn't specify being a Pro in Canada. Somebody else did that for you after you stated that you were pro, at least twice. And you either said your lap times or another guy on a quads lap times would beat RV and Dungey.

As for humble pie, how are you going to make us eat it? You're on 4 wheels. I get it, you're AWESOME at riding a quad, but it's not the same thing as riding a dirt bike. 4 wheels is not the same thing as 2 wheels.
I said Chad Wienen, the #1 guy in the states, had in the past set faster times than the top AMA guys, which is a fact.

The humble pie is for whoever would want to come try to beat me on the track and can't. I mean if you big tough 2 wheel guys can't even beat some shmuck on a quad then what kind of riders are they.

And yes, I do have the brain capacity to realize that bikes and quads are 2 different animals. The ugly truth for you guys is that quads are more difficult to ride, this is coming from someone who does both on a regular basis, the physical demands of throwing a 400 pound machine around outweigh the technical difficulty of maneuvering a dirtbike. Bikes are much more forgiving, especially when airborne. you put a quad sideways in the air, it turns into a swap, flip and run over before you know it. A bike gets sketchy, an competent rider can straighten it, anyone half decent can ride it out. the suspension is also much more forgiving, my 04 yz250f with god knows how many hours on the suspension landed better than my KTM ATV with $3,000 suspension, overshooting or casing a jump is much less costly. Call me a liar all you want, but I'm speaking from 17 years of personal experience.
shredder22
1/26/2014 10:35pm
bh84 wrote:
I said Chad Wienen, the #1 guy in the states, had in the past set faster times than the top AMA guys, which is a fact...
I said Chad Wienen, the #1 guy in the states, had in the past set faster times than the top AMA guys, which is a fact.

The humble pie is for whoever would want to come try to beat me on the track and can't. I mean if you big tough 2 wheel guys can't even beat some shmuck on a quad then what kind of riders are they.

And yes, I do have the brain capacity to realize that bikes and quads are 2 different animals. The ugly truth for you guys is that quads are more difficult to ride, this is coming from someone who does both on a regular basis, the physical demands of throwing a 400 pound machine around outweigh the technical difficulty of maneuvering a dirtbike. Bikes are much more forgiving, especially when airborne. you put a quad sideways in the air, it turns into a swap, flip and run over before you know it. A bike gets sketchy, an competent rider can straighten it, anyone half decent can ride it out. the suspension is also much more forgiving, my 04 yz250f with god knows how many hours on the suspension landed better than my KTM ATV with $3,000 suspension, overshooting or casing a jump is much less costly. Call me a liar all you want, but I'm speaking from 17 years of personal experience.
Why would you come on a MX forum and try to convince us that quads are harder to ride than dirt bikes? Even if you had a possibility of being right (which you don't), you would still fail. How hard is it to balance on with 4 wheels? I learned to ride a bike with training wheels (4 wheels) before I moved on to a regular bike (2 wheels) because 4 wheels is a lot easier than 2.

Post a reply to: Oh the Irony, Shoei Ad

The Latest