Ogio 180 moto stand for a smoker?

race
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:07am

Nice trick stand that you roll your bike into instead of lifting. See vid below -

Problem is there is some concern that the bar that ends up in front will hit the header pipe on a smoker. I called up Ogio and they said it would be a problem ... but it sounded like they hadn't really done specific bike testing. I was out at Chaparral Motor Sports and a guy there said it works with some 250 two-strokes but he wasn't sure which. I had to leave the store before I could try testing it out.

Does anyone have experience using one of these with a 250 smoker?

BTW - for anyone looking .... Chaparral had a very clean, slightly used 2007 YZ250 with a few extras for sale for $3499.

|
EmDub425
10/25/2010 10:59am
it wont work, i stocked them at one point, they are really only designed for modern four strokes. And you have to push the bike really hard and fast, it's a lot easier to just pick up the bike and put it on a normal stand the old fashioned way.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/25/2010 11:31am
I'm thinking of coming out with a two-stroke cologne. I'd have an unlimited customer base here. Wink
race
10/25/2010 11:43am
GuyB wrote:
I'm thinking of coming out with a two-stroke cologne. I'd have an unlimited customer base here. Wink
You may be on to something there G.

Thanks Emdub. So much for that idea.
aedwards07
10/25/2010 11:59am
I sell them but I hate to say it but they really arent as good as you would think.The idea and everything is great but it just doesnt work as easy as it looks.The guy I go riding with has one and i will just pick his bike up on it instead of actually useing it like how its intended.

Its a great idea on paper but in real life not so much.Id opt for a Matrix Concepts or Works Connection stand.

The Shop

Racer92
10/25/2010 12:04pm
GuyB wrote:
With all the clicks you are getting from smoker-fans, you must be smelling like money yourself. Whistling
10/25/2010 12:09pm
GuyB wrote:
I think two-stroke jerk-off lube would be more appropriate for this bunch.
onenastynotch
10/25/2010 1:09pm
the local msr rep was riding at the track last week and showed me how it works....he used almost no effort barely pushing the bike to roll the stand under the bike....looks like a great idea
10/25/2010 1:40pm
GuyB wrote:
I think two-stroke jerk-off lube would be more appropriate for this bunch.
Yip I'd rather go for a good quality jerk-off lube anyday rather than that 4 stroke anal penetration lube you other guys are running Pinch
motogeezer
10/25/2010 3:39pm
the local msr rep was riding at the track last week and showed me how it works....he used almost no effort barely pushing the bike to...
the local msr rep was riding at the track last week and showed me how it works....he used almost no effort barely pushing the bike to roll the stand under the bike....looks like a great idea
Ever have a Dunlop rep show you how to change a tire? Whistling
10/25/2010 4:12pm
EmDub425 wrote:
it wont work, i stocked them at one point, they are really only designed for modern four strokes. And you have to push the bike really...
it wont work, i stocked them at one point, they are really only designed for modern four strokes. And you have to push the bike really hard and fast, it's a lot easier to just pick up the bike and put it on a normal stand the old fashioned way.
it's a lot easier to just pick up the bike and put it on a normal stand the old fashioned way.

True dat, unless you have one of those "new fashioned" 4 strokes then some kind of Hi tech hoist to get it off the ground is a must have
onenastynotch
10/25/2010 5:21pm
the local msr rep was riding at the track last week and showed me how it works....he used almost no effort barely pushing the bike to...
motogeezer wrote:
Ever have a Dunlop rep show you how to change a tire? Whistling
considering the rep is a friend of mine and he rides every weekend at my track i tried it on my bike a rmz450 and had no problem rolling my 250 pound bike onto the stand way easier then picking the bike up
onenastynotch
10/25/2010 5:35pm
Cygnus wrote:
Get one of these and you can be a member of team Harbor Freight! http://www.harborfreight.com/350-lb-motocross-dirt-bike-stand-66552.html [img]https://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_1845.jpg[/img]
Get one of these and you can be a member of team Harbor Freight!

http://www.harborfreight.com/350-lb-motocross-dirt-bike-stand-66552.html

alot of guys run that stand at my track

Post a reply to: Ogio 180 moto stand for a smoker?

The Latest