Official bike blaming thread

JM485
Ok, we're one race in and it's obvious that now is the time to start panicking and blaming bikes. If your rider didn't do as well as you would have liked, feel free to drop a bike blame here. Let's focus mainly on Suzukis that are old, slow and outdated, and Yamahas that are too radical, heavy, and stiff looking from your recliner. If you think a bike is holding one of the riders back, please let us know because we're all dying to hear your opinion on multiple bikes you haven't ridden. If loose sprocket bolts may have played a factor, please do not leave that vital information out. This should help clean up about 20 other threads.
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/8/2017 8:24am
I love when people talk about the Yamaha's being heavy pigs when the Suzuki is heavier. This place amazes me sometimes
Mx286
1/8/2017 8:30am
Finally someone gets it. Amazes me how everyone makes all these predictions without having ridden any of the bikes.
wreckitrandy
1/8/2017 8:35am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I love when people talk about the Yamaha's being heavy pigs when the Suzuki is heavier. This place amazes me sometimes
But the Yamaha 'feels' heavier. Plus, James ditched it mid season a few years ago because it's a hunk of junk. Anyone with eyes could see Webb was scared stiff on the thing. It can't be anything but the bike! Pay attention!

Great thread btw!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/8/2017 8:37am
Mx286 wrote:
Finally someone gets it. Amazes me how everyone makes all these predictions without having ridden any of the bikes.
I saw your post in the cooper thread. It's unreal. All of the bikes are great, even the old outdated Suzuki, which even though looks the same since 08, is really good. The problem isn't the bikes, it's the riders themselves or how they set the bike up. It ain't the bikes fault. Any of those bikes are capable of winning on any given night.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/8/2017 8:39am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
But the Yamaha 'feels' heavier. Plus, James ditched it mid season a few years ago because it's a hunk of junk. Anyone with eyes could see...
But the Yamaha 'feels' heavier. Plus, James ditched it mid season a few years ago because it's a hunk of junk. Anyone with eyes could see Webb was scared stiff on the thing. It can't be anything but the bike! Pay attention!

Great thread btw!
Riding my dads 17 RMZ back to back with my 14 YZ, the Suzuki feels heavier. Sure it turns better, but feels heavier to me and gets super twitchy on higher speed sections. Sure the 10-13's were not very good, but this year every bike is good. It comes down to the rider
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
1/8/2017 8:50am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2017 8:50am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
But the Yamaha 'feels' heavier. Plus, James ditched it mid season a few years ago because it's a hunk of junk. Anyone with eyes could see...

Great thread btw!
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Riding my dads 17 RMZ back to back with my 14 YZ, the Suzuki feels heavier. Sure it turns better, but feels heavier to me and...
Riding my dads 17 RMZ back to back with my 14 YZ, the Suzuki feels heavier. Sure it turns better, but feels heavier to me and gets super twitchy on higher speed sections. Sure the 10-13's were not very good, but this year every bike is good. It comes down to the rider
You aren't riding a factory bike. The factory RM-Z450 benefits from weight savings you or I can't get our hands on. If anything the dated chassis is helpful for race team engineers because they have a championship proven baseline to begin with each year.
joe412
1/8/2017 8:57am
KTM husky Honda looked good. Suzuki looked decent as well. Yamaha and kawi looks like riding an OSHA plank. Atleast 450 wise
1/8/2017 9:00am
Interesting that the only RMZ-250 that even MADE the night show, only made it to 17th. That bike must be abysmal to ride.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
1/8/2017 9:09am
If the bikes didn't make a difference and they were all the same, would teams spend millions testing?
andyman
1/8/2017 9:26am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2017 9:26am
I would like to blame:

Chad's Yamaha and Weston's Suzuki. Big masses collide and broke Chads watter pump, so both bikes are too heavy and Yamaha is weakest tank in the world when it can't take small pump like that.

Alessi's Honda, that POS hit false neutral on Mike and fucked him up bad. MCR 450 would never do that!

Cooper's Yamaha, not enough power to get good starts with big man like Coop on it.

Roczen's aluminium frame KTM for making switching bikes too easy for him.

Im sure there is more.
Mx286
1/8/2017 10:00am

Great thread btw!
That was the old bike so the James comment isn't even relevant. And Webb is going to do just fine give him some time to adjust to the racing and he'll figure it out.
JM485
1/8/2017 10:21am
UpTiTe wrote:
If the bikes didn't make a difference and they were all the same, would teams spend millions testing?
I'm not saying it doesn't, my point was we're one race in and everyone is freaking out. Not only that but it's just the same thing repeated over and over again by people who just read things on the Internet, you can see the tide changing from Suzuki to Yamaha hate and it's just follow the leader by people who haven't ridden either bike.
1/8/2017 10:22am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Great thread btw!
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Riding my dads 17 RMZ back to back with my 14 YZ, the Suzuki feels heavier. Sure it turns better, but feels heavier to me and...
You make zero since? How can a heavier bike as you claim feel more twitchy at higher speeds? Shouldn't it feel more planted?

Then you claim the Suzuki turns better than the Yamaha but it feels heavier? If it turns better...that means it feels more agile "or feels lighter than it really is"

Ride much?

You realize frame to frame weight between the bikes are very minimal, it's the level of components that play a huge role in weight. Very easy to modify these bikes to get them to be all around the same race weights. If the the Zook was that heavy in race form it would definitely not be competitive over the years.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
1/8/2017 10:25am
I'm not a coop fan, but I still think the yamaha is part of his problem. Of course his other problem is; Roczen, Dungey, Musquin, Anderson, Tomac, Seely.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
1/8/2017 10:27am
You make zero since? How can a heavier bike as you claim feel more twitchy at higher speeds? Shouldn't it feel more planted? Then you claim...
You make zero since? How can a heavier bike as you claim feel more twitchy at higher speeds? Shouldn't it feel more planted?

Then you claim the Suzuki turns better than the Yamaha but it feels heavier? If it turns better...that means it feels more agile "or feels lighter than it really is"

Ride much?

You realize frame to frame weight between the bikes are very minimal, it's the level of components that play a huge role in weight. Very easy to modify these bikes to get them to be all around the same race weights. If the the Zook was that heavy in race form it would definitely not be competitive over the years.
Head angle and trail make a bigger difference in stability than weight.

Also, even in the GPs where they can modify anything. The heavy bikes are still heavy.
Fat Fingers
1/8/2017 10:33am
This thread is funny. 2 wheels... it's pretty clear you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about but go ahead and flame on everyone else.
malachi177
1/8/2017 10:56am
Interesting that the only RMZ-250 that even MADE the night show, only made it to 17th. That bike must be abysmal to ride.
Lol....re watch the beginning of the 250 main event. Filthy gets smoked by a blue bike coming out of a corner while running in around 6th. Phil looks down at his bike right after, and dropped to the back of the pack. Something def happened.
mx317
1/8/2017 11:03am
You make zero since? How can a heavier bike as you claim feel more twitchy at higher speeds? Shouldn't it feel more planted? Then you claim...

Ride much?

So much fail in this post.
colorado2day
1/8/2017 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2017 12:40pm
Tomac's forks pumped up causing arm pump. Hansen's Husqvarna was a pile, while Davalos looked good on his. Of course Martin has too much experience in the 'Lites' class.
Jarrod458
1/8/2017 12:50pm
Done haha! These comments should be good!

zehn
1/8/2017 3:19pm

Ride much?

lol do you have any idea how motorcycles work
Dtat720
1/8/2017 3:24pm
Did you see Phils brake pedal? Lap one it was bent to the footpeg....
Dtat720
1/8/2017 3:26pm

Great thread btw!
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Ride much?

Head angle on the zook makes it very sketchy at speed. Hence why it turns so well. Has nothing to with weight and everything to do with head angle...
KMC440
1/8/2017 3:39pm
Not ONE freakin OSSA ON THE PODIUM !!!

WTF ! ? ! ? !
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
1/8/2017 3:49pm
Since there are many subjective variables in MX, some people need to shift blame to something they can put their hands on.
1/8/2017 6:03pm
malachi177 wrote:
Lol....re watch the beginning of the 250 main event. Filthy gets smoked by a blue bike coming out of a corner while running in around 6th...
Lol....re watch the beginning of the 250 main event. Filthy gets smoked by a blue bike coming out of a corner while running in around 6th. Phil looks down at his bike right after, and dropped to the back of the pack. Something def happened.
Yeah, I saw it and Phil either missed a shift or accidentally tapped the rear brake. The fact of the matter is that there was only one zook in the main and it placed 17th. That does actually say something.
colorado2day
1/8/2017 6:10pm
Yeah, I saw it and Phil either missed a shift or accidentally tapped the rear brake. The fact of the matter is that there was only...
Yeah, I saw it and Phil either missed a shift or accidentally tapped the rear brake. The fact of the matter is that there was only one zook in the main and it placed 17th. That does actually say something.
Top Suzuki in 17th ? Nice.....Evil
1/9/2017 1:32am
colintrax wrote:
I'm not a coop fan, but I still think the yamaha is part of his problem. Of course his other problem is; Roczen, Dungey, Musquin, Anderson...
I'm not a coop fan, but I still think the yamaha is part of his problem. Of course his other problem is; Roczen, Dungey, Musquin, Anderson, Tomac, Seely.
Of course the Yamaha is the issue you idiots,have you seen the size of those buckets under those cam lobes?

Post a reply to: Official bike blaming thread

The Latest