Official JS7 appeal lost

ktmwoods
Edited Date/Time 4/29/2015 2:36pm
Official News coming shortly but JS7 lost his WADA appeal and will be out for AMA outdoors. Not new news, but new. And don't flame or hate, just letting the forum members who care about it know.
|
oshow
4/28/2015 6:27pm
Stupid as hell .. If true
DownSouth
4/28/2015 6:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2015 6:30pm
Uh oh.
gnarwhip
4/28/2015 6:31pm
If I were him, I'd race Mammoth.

The Shop

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/28/2015 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2015 6:33pm
I thought he was eligible to come back in August? Will he race a few rounds?

Anyway not surprised one bit about this news. If they allowed him to win his appeal then that is admitting that his suspension was wrong and you know that isn't going to happen
DownSouth
4/28/2015 6:34pm
KennyT wrote:
I thought he was eligible to come back in August? Will he race a few rounds? Anyway not surprised one bit about this news. If they...
I thought he was eligible to come back in August? Will he race a few rounds?

Anyway not surprised one bit about this news. If they allowed him to win his appeal then that is admitting that his suspension was wrong and you know that isn't going to happen
The original date of the suspension ending only allows him to be at the last 2 rounds if he chooses to race them.
The Rock
4/28/2015 6:40pm
It recently occurred to me maybe AJ Allmedinger case might have been Adderall so I checked it out on the Interwebs
4/28/2015 6:43pm
This sport is run by idiots. He deserved punishment but this has been and continues to be a joke.

One series is plenty. Time for a NFL player to get hit with a 2 year ban for something they had a scrip for. Oh yeah, right, will never happen because they protect their players.
4/28/2015 6:45pm
Shitty...He should just hop on a tour bus and sell tickets to have people come and watch him ride.
Drtbykr
4/28/2015 6:47pm
I miss him bad, favorite athlete. Sad, like MotoGP parking VR46. Might be nearing the end of his career, but he brings excitement.

Too bad to miss a year of his special career.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/28/2015 6:47pm
This sport is run by idiots. He deserved punishment but this has been and continues to be a joke. One series is plenty. Time for a...
This sport is run by idiots. He deserved punishment but this has been and continues to be a joke.

One series is plenty. Time for a NFL player to get hit with a 2 year ban for something they had a scrip for. Oh yeah, right, will never happen because they protect their players.
Well you are right. But they have a players union to handle that and I just don't see it ever happening in MX.

He should have been suspended but tge length was too severe IMHO. I guess this is a lesson for the rest of the field to figure out your paperwork and follow the rules or get bent over
motomike137
4/28/2015 6:50pm
It sucks but I am not surprised. I am just glad that James has stayed visible and positive and plans on racing some more before he hangs up his boots. Still my favorite rider to watch circulate a SX or MX track ever.
jeffro503
4/28/2015 6:51pm
Damn !!! Was hoping they would cut him some slack.
Cygnus
4/28/2015 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2015 6:55pm
This sport is run by idiots. He deserved punishment but this has been and continues to be a joke. One series is plenty. Time for a...

KennyT wrote:
Well you are right. But they have a players union to handle that and I just don't see it ever happening in MX. He should have...
Well you are right. But they have a players union to handle that and I just don't see it ever happening in MX.

He should have been suspended but tge length was too severe IMHO. I guess this is a lesson for the rest of the field to figure out your paperwork and follow the rules or get bent over
I agree with ya. They just happen to get a big name(maybe the biggest) while he was in violation of the rules. Gonna make an example for the rest.
gt80rider
4/28/2015 6:54pm
Ya, this sucks as i am a big js7 fan...

However... Maybe he will take the time to get that knee fixed and be 100% for A1 in 16.... And... As guys like k-dub, dowdy, etc, have proven, mx careers can last well into the 30's... Hopefully js7 comes back stronger than ever and has a great last half of his career...
4/28/2015 6:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2015 7:01pm
I am just freakin' pissed now. I thought this would make a difference and they would reduce such a ridiculous punishment. And yes, I know WADA's track record. Their punishments are all pretty ridiculous. I mean, 4 years now? Our sport should dis-associate with them right when that was mentioned as that is absurd.

So aggravated with these morons. I hope one of the FIM's pets makes a mistake and gets crucified for their first offense. Then we would see if we are all playing by the same rules or not.

Forgive me. Just mad as hell.
Xeno
4/28/2015 7:01pm
Let Bubba Ride!
Xeno
4/28/2015 7:03pm
Does Feld & MX Sports want to kick the FIM to the curb over this? What's the loss in ticket sales with James on the sidelines?
4/28/2015 7:03pm
RedDirtDog wrote:
really sad to see. makes our sport look ridiculous
What makes our sport look ridiculous is all the ignorant fans that do not realize that this is the way WADA always operates, and they have not treated James different than any other athlete. They are hard asses and they do not care. It is not about James to them, it is about putting down the hammer every time to discourage other athletes from trying to gain an edge. I said from the start James was going to get a 18-24 month penalty...and it was obvious as well that this appeal was a waste of Jame's time, money, and attention. James had no standing for an appeal. If you read the WADA Code...you would understand this.
4/28/2015 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2015 7:10pm
What makes our sport look ridiculous is all the ignorant fans that do not realize that this is the way WADA always operates, and they have...
What makes our sport look ridiculous is all the ignorant fans that do not realize that this is the way WADA always operates, and they have not treated James different than any other athlete. They are hard asses and they do not care. It is not about James to them, it is about putting down the hammer every time to discourage other athletes from trying to gain an edge. I said from the start James was going to get a 18-24 month penalty...and it was obvious as well that this appeal was a waste of Jame's time, money, and attention. James had no standing for an appeal. If you read the WADA Code...you would understand this.
Then if that is the case we do not need WADA. We need someone fair but someone who also will be reasonable and understand certain circumstances. Everything is not always black and white.

If our sport is FOOLISH enough to associate with a group who will ban someone for 4 years (now) for a first offence then we should question our sport's leaders. We are talking a scrip drug that they later said he legit needed.

James spent a lot of money for these morons to just slam the door. Why WADA ever gave him a TUE for next year is beyond me. They obviously thought he was cheating. Why grant him a TUE for next year if he was so in the wrong?
The Rock
4/28/2015 7:09pm

KennyT wrote:
Well you are right. But they have a players union to handle that and I just don't see it ever happening in MX. He should have...

Cygnus wrote:
I agree with ya. They just happen to get a big name(maybe the biggest) while he was in violation of the rules. Gonna make an example...
I agree with ya. They just happen to get a big name(maybe the biggest) while he was in violation of the rules. Gonna make an example for the rest.
Just because WADA didn't make an exception for James doesn't translate into they had to make an example of James.

To be clear this blows but life isn't fair plus there is no Santa Claus either.
jmar
4/28/2015 7:12pm
Life will go on.

James is one the best this sport has ever seen. But hasn't been a factor for many years now.

The Rock
4/28/2015 7:12pm
Then if that is the case we do not need WADA. We need someone fair but someone who also will be reasonable and understand certain circumstances...
Then if that is the case we do not need WADA. We need someone fair but someone who also will be reasonable and understand certain circumstances. Everything is not always black and white.

If our sport is FOOLISH enough to associate with a group who will ban someone for 4 years (now) for a first offence then we should question our sport's leaders. We are talking a scrip drug that they later said he legit needed.

James spent a lot of money for these morons to just slam the door. Why WADA ever gave him a TUE for next year is beyond me. They obviously thought he was cheating. Why grant him a TUE for next year if he was so in the wrong?
Face palm. Have you looked at the FIM rulebook and WADA guidelines? Did you search the forum for any of the multiple threads on this? You have not or you wouldn't be asking "why grant him a TUE" or making assumptions about what WADA was thinking.

Post a reply to: Official JS7 appeal lost

The Latest