Of all of the euros....

B-Rad317
10/17/2012 9:48am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2012 9:20pm
Which would have the most success over here? Cairoli, Desalle, Paulin, Bobryshev, Nagl, Frossard? or how about the young guys, like Herlings, Tixier, Ferrandis, Anstie, Charlier, Van Hoorbeak, Roelants, Teillet ?
|
Neutra
10/17/2012 9:52am
Paulin for his SX skills. Herlings and Ferrandis are fairly good at SX as well. For outdoor it's a different story.
Berguven
10/17/2012 12:00pm
Herlings for sure. He is young and can still learn sx. After 2-3 years he could probably compete for championships since he has tier1 skills and mindset
Hanaa80
10/17/2012 12:10pm
Not sure who, but it would be a French rider because of their SX skills.
TMV
10/17/2012 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2012 12:54pm
B-Rad317 wrote:
Which would have the most success over here? Cairoli, Desalle, Paulin, Bobryshev, Nagl, Frossard? or how about the young guys, like Herlings, Tixier, Ferrandis, Anstie, Charlier...
Which would have the most success over here? Cairoli, Desalle, Paulin, Bobryshev, Nagl, Frossard? or how about the young guys, like Herlings, Tixier, Ferrandis, Anstie, Charlier, Van Hoorbeak, Roelants, Teillet ?
Pourcel if he really wanted to...

PS: SX and MX

The Shop

jeffro503
10/17/2012 12:47pm
Europe in general have a crap load of extremely talented and fast guys. For SX....I would go with CP or Paulin.......but for outdoors....how could you go wrong with AC in a full season in the outdoors? I think he would really make the outdoors series one to remember if he did it.

To bad we can't get something figured out....to combine all these fast guys in some sort of a FULL series. A mix of different tracks and so forth. I'm not sure who would win......but holy hell it would be great to see.
10/17/2012 1:16pm
Herlings will USA 2014 so I guess everyone will get to see him for a few years.................
Berguven
10/17/2012 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2012 1:41pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Europe in general have a crap load of extremely talented and fast guys. For SX....I would go with CP or Paulin.......but for outdoors....how could you go...
Europe in general have a crap load of extremely talented and fast guys. For SX....I would go with CP or Paulin.......but for outdoors....how could you go wrong with AC in a full season in the outdoors? I think he would really make the outdoors series one to remember if he did it.

To bad we can't get something figured out....to combine all these fast guys in some sort of a FULL series. A mix of different tracks and so forth. I'm not sure who would win......but holy hell it would be great to see.
We can only dream about how cool that would be. Ten+ 450 guys with the ability to win any given race. I would give my left nut to see that series. JS RV RD CR TC JB DW AC CP CD JP MA

Kind of crazy with awsome guys like Short would struggle to get a top 10 finnish
chrisbuehler
10/17/2012 1:34pm
Neutra wrote:
Paulin for his SX skills. Herlings and Ferrandis are fairly good at SX as well. For outdoor it's a different story.
What makes you think Herlings is good at sx?
TMV
10/17/2012 1:47pm
darren7878 wrote:
Herlings will USA 2014 so I guess everyone will get to see him for a few years.................
Herlings wanted to but the "2 titles" rule may change. Nowadays, If Herlings win the title this next season, he would be obliged to compete the 450 category in 2014. He considers himself too young to ride the 450 category in a year and want to spend more time on the 250F category. So he said in this case he would come to the USA. In order to keep "his" riders in the GPs, Luongo may change this rule and maybe, there won't be a limit of titles anymore, only the age limit...
jamma10
10/17/2012 2:31pm
Neutra wrote:
What makes you think Herlings is good at sx?
The only reason people think he isn't is because of that youtube video of him crashing in the whoops.

You could probably find a video of any pro rider crashing in the whoops, because they all have at one point or another.
chrisbuehler
10/17/2012 2:36pm
jamma10 wrote:
The only reason people think he [u]isn't[/u] is because of that youtube video of him crashing in the whoops. You could probably find a video of...
The only reason people think he isn't is because of that youtube video of him crashing in the whoops.

You could probably find a video of any pro rider crashing in the whoops, because they all have at one point or another.
Easy Jammer, i was just asking. I was trying to get at has he done any Euro sx? Why doesnt he do Bercy?
jamma10
10/17/2012 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2012 2:53pm
jamma10 wrote:
The only reason people think he [u]isn't[/u] is because of that youtube video of him crashing in the whoops. You could probably find a video of...

Easy Jammer, i was just asking. I was trying to get at has he done any Euro sx? Why doesnt he do Bercy?
Sorry man, I wasn't having a go. Probably should have put a smiley in there somewhere Smile

He's ridden a few small time events, but nothing like Bercy - at least not to my knowledge. People have to remember that he has only just turned 18 a few weeks ago. But he is technically very good, so I have no doubt that if he was to focus properly on Supercross he would do well, not necessarily as well as Roczen when he first started, but he'd get there. Just got to figure out those whoops... ha!
kev472
10/17/2012 3:45pm
When they have the chance they will ride SX, the SX scene isn't that big in europe although bigger events are being organized

This was winter 2011 if i'm not mistaken,just a little track but it's a start

chrisbuehler
10/17/2012 3:55pm
Very cool vid! Damn Herlings was getting DIRTY in some on those corners. Does he have some of the best corner speed out there? Looked sick
10/17/2012 4:00pm
I think Cairoli, Desalle, Paulin, Bobryshev, and Herlings would all do very well, and be a threat for wins a certain tracks. Desalle already proved it at Unadilla, but especially AC I think could run at the front once he got used to the tracks.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
10/17/2012 4:34pm
After watching that vid, I don't think Herlings would struggle at SX as much as people say. He certainly has the corner speed and body movements to do well.
kev472
10/18/2012 1:50am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2012 2:06am
As far as sx goes i think obviously the french riders would do well

i mean Bercy, Genova and some sx in germany seem to be decent events

But the level of the events being organized is getting better,we had some really cool events in holland last year
which is great for the sport

race footage

Bobryshev the big russian won the event

As far as Herlings goes he's always raced a little sx,and he's not that bad Wink

10/18/2012 2:43am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2012 2:55am
All the names above would do well and would shake shit up, it would make the top 5 and top 10 a much more difficult place to be - much like if you brough RV, JS, RD, CR, DM, TC etc across to the World championship - they would create havoc.

how freakin cool would it be if there was some sort of mingle between the 2 championships where multiple tracks each side of the pond could be utilised......annually.....never going to happen though is it which is a real shame.

I think Paulin and Frossard would create very interesting results and relationships due to their aggressive nature - Bobby needs to get back to 2011 form - AC would rip it up on all circuits - no messing. Nagl and Desalle would be measurable on some but not all as they do have a lot of off days.
pmcc
10/18/2012 2:52am
I would like to see Ken deDycker do supercross
bobby397
10/18/2012 3:13am
kev472 wrote:
As far as sx goes i think obviously the french riders would do well i mean Bercy, Genova and some sx in germany seem to be...
As far as sx goes i think obviously the french riders would do well

i mean Bercy, Genova and some sx in germany seem to be decent events

But the level of the events being organized is getting better,we had some really cool events in holland last year
which is great for the sport

race footage

Bobryshev the big russian won the event

As far as Herlings goes he's always raced a little sx,and he's not that bad Wink

That's not an sx track, most mericans have tracks like that in their back yard. The video I saw of Herlings on an fully prepped sx track was of him eating shit
steed 2.0
10/18/2012 3:27am
bobby397 wrote:
That's not an sx track, most mericans have tracks like that in their back yard. The video I saw of Herlings on an fully prepped sx...
That's not an sx track, most mericans have tracks like that in their back yard. The video I saw of Herlings on an fully prepped sx track was of him eating shit
true story, but how would look your Supercross season without California? rounds only found in northeastern and Oregon region?

European joe six pack don't like Supercross, we have try it so many times and it fails every time
10/18/2012 3:29am
any SX I have seen this side of the pond is simply not comparable in size to AMA - I doubt it would get the seats filled to be honest if we did make tracks that large, the UK championship is run in small arenas (5-15k therabouts) compared to the AMA (45k+ ), hell even the O2 is small fry and i think that was our biggest show in 2012 which only brought aaround 13k - the Euro stuff - possibly a little larger on occasion.

trying to compare them is silly
tns
10/18/2012 3:31am
bobby397 wrote:
That's not an sx track, most mericans have tracks like that in their back yard. The video I saw of Herlings on an fully prepped sx...
i bet you would find more vids of js7 eating it on a fully preped sx track, does this means he sucks like herlings man i sure would love to suck at riding the way those two do
rangot
10/18/2012 3:38am
Herlings will do fine in SX. Not sure he's even 18, he's got time to practice. He just has to learn, but has all the skills needed.
HenryA
10/18/2012 8:56am
pmcc wrote:
I would like to see Ken deDycker do supercross
Yeah, that would be cool. Not sure if the other riders would enjoy riding around a track with a friggin tank on it. Seems a bit risky? Wink But from another point of view, i dont think that he will benefit from his height, but it would be interesting to see how handled the situation...
Kulpa
10/18/2012 9:58am
deDycker takes some creative lines for sure, it would be interesting to see how he would figure out tracs. He sure tries to jump things that are not meant to be jumped also, I saw him try to make an uphill-flat-180-downhill section to a halfpipe in Zolder GP, did'nt make it, but did'nt crash either. No one else tried it that day and the year before at the MXND (when Ricky won)
10/18/2012 10:09am
It's a sad state of motocross when you have to have wetdreams about our guys coming over to shore up your lack of talent.
With the 450 class in America this year you say there is a lack of talent?! Jesus, the Euros win one race and this is the result.
10/18/2012 10:17am
It's a sad state of motocross when you have to have wetdreams about our guys coming over to shore up your lack of talent.
With the 450 class in America this year you say there is a lack of talent?! Jesus, the Euros win one race and this is the...
With the 450 class in America this year you say there is a lack of talent?! Jesus, the Euros win one race and this is the result.
Then why do you have to jerk off over what our riders would do there,?

Post a reply to: Of all of the euros....

The Latest