Oakland. Stew?

davistld01
I know, I know..."another Stewart thread"!!

But, seriously...I believe I remember Malcolm said that James would probably be back with his own deal by the Oakland round...and here we are! And there hasn't been as much as a teaser pic on IG or Twitter...no hints from Mookie...no Stewart threads here in the last 3-4 days...it's like the freaking silent treatment! The rumor was James bought some Hondas...but there's no proof, no pics, videos. Like we say here: "Pics, or it didn't happen!".

Michael? Steve? Does anybody have a clue...a real one?
|
TeamPumpin
1/31/2017 9:43am
Malcolm actually said James would NOT be ready by Oakland. He said probably Daytona, maybe Dallas at the earliest.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/31/2017 9:46am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 9:58am
I'm not holding my breath.

Oakland was an early rumor. I'd guess later (and this is purely a guess) Atlanta or Daytona...at the earliest.
davistld01
1/31/2017 9:53am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 9:59am
GuyB wrote:
I'm not holding my breath.

Oakland was an early rumor. I'd guess later (and this is purely a guess) Atlanta or Daytona...at the earliest.
Gotcha. You know, if it was anybody else...by this time nobody would gaf. But seeing he always says "it's for the fans", you'd think he'd let his fans know something...anything.

Meanwhile...

The Shop

jock
Fantasy
1st
1/31/2017 10:15am
Monster Cup.
mb60
1/31/2017 10:25am
Him showing up for the 1st race at Daytona would be a disaster. Good luck to James and it will be exciting. But I do not see the point showing up half way into the season.
cali11
1/31/2017 10:27am
mb60 wrote:
Him showing up for the 1st race at Daytona would be a disaster. Good luck to James and it will be exciting. But I do not...
Him showing up for the 1st race at Daytona would be a disaster. Good luck to James and it will be exciting. But I do not see the point showing up half way into the season.
Why?
mb60
1/31/2017 10:52am
cali11 wrote:
Why?
Did you see him last year at Daytona ?
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
1/31/2017 11:01am
I would pick Daytona as a best race for James.

oshow
1/31/2017 11:06am
mb60 wrote:
Him showing up for the 1st race at Daytona would be a disaster. Good luck to James and it will be exciting. But I do not...
Stew knows Sand bro.
tprice07
1/31/2017 11:18am
Myke wrote:
I would pick Daytona as a best race for James.

I vote that he just does that for 20 minutes straight...I don't care if he is last place, I'm watching him..
DavidR
1/31/2017 11:38am
mb60 wrote:
oshow wrote:
Stew knows Sand bro.
Check out his Daytona finishes dating all the way back to 2004 on his 125. He's won Daytona once on his 125 and twice on the 450. His other Daytona finishes on the 450 when he's shown up look like this: 6,7,9,8,18,DNQ due to looping out in his heat race and sitting out the rest of the night last year. He has a couple wins but Daytona's been tough on Stew thru the years, damn near tried to kill him in 2011.
huck
1/31/2017 12:13pm
How can somebody like the stewarts...either of them...not be in race shape? It baffles me how they could have just been sitting around, not training and being ready for 'a call'....
1/31/2017 12:16pm
huck wrote:
How can somebody like the stewarts...either of them...not be in race shape? It baffles me how they could have just been sitting around, not training and...
How can somebody like the stewarts...either of them...not be in race shape? It baffles me how they could have just been sitting around, not training and being ready for 'a call'....
How can anyone not like James?? Have you see what he does on a damn dirt bike? Or were you to busy hating to see the crazy stuff he's done throughout his career lol
huck
1/31/2017 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 12:22pm
huck wrote:
How can somebody like the stewarts...either of them...not be in race shape? It baffles me how they could have just been sitting around, not training and...
How can anyone not like James?? Have you see what he does on a damn dirt bike? Or were you to busy hating to see the...
How can anyone not like James?? Have you see what he does on a damn dirt bike? Or were you to busy hating to see the crazy stuff he's done throughout his career lol
What? I do like him and would love to see him back. Again, how can he have just been sitting around and not been ready. It's not like James or Malcolm didn't know when supercross season started. If they had any plan on racing this season, why not train all summer and fall and be ready?!
DavidR
1/31/2017 12:25pm
Who said they don't like James or is hating on James? Stating a fact isn't hating on someone. Those are James' results at Daytona and they weren't ready to go by round one this year. Where's the hate part?
davistld01
1/31/2017 12:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 12:43pm
huck wrote:
Huck, probably for once I tend to agree with you. But, I don't think the issue, even with Malcolm is that he's out of shape...I think he's out of "race shape". Both of them probably do lap after lap on their compound track, but you cannot replicate race intensity and speed on a private track. That's one of the reasons Aldon Baker has his four riders train and ride together...so they can push each other realistically.

I don't believe James would put his reputation, his legacy & even his life at risk again by showing up overweight and out of shape and having a replay of his last "comeback". I believe he'll either be 100% ready to ride at his maximum potential...or he won't show up at all.
huck
1/31/2017 12:49pm
huck wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Huck, probably for once I tend to agree with you. But, I don't think the issue, even with Malcolm is that he's out of shape...I think...
Huck, probably for once I tend to agree with you. But, I don't think the issue, even with Malcolm is that he's out of shape...I think he's out of "race shape". Both of them probably do lap after lap on their compound track, but you cannot replicate race intensity and speed on a private track. That's one of the reasons Aldon Baker has his four riders train and ride together...so they can push each other realistically.

I don't believe James would put his reputation, his legacy & even his life at risk again by showing up overweight and out of shape and having a replay of his last "comeback". I believe he'll either be 100% ready to ride at his maximum potential...or he won't show up at all.
Careful, it's contagious. Smile

But I do agree that just riding, and racing are two completely different things.

I guess time will show how prepared he is/or isn't, if/when he comes back. Regardless, I bet there will be a lot of buzz at the track that weekend!
davistld01
1/31/2017 12:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 12:54pm
huck wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Huck, probably for once I tend to agree with you. But, I don't think the issue, even with Malcolm is that he's out of shape...I think...

huck wrote:
Careful, it's contagious. :) But I do agree that just riding, and racing are two completely different things. I guess time will show how prepared he...
Careful, it's contagious. Smile

But I do agree that just riding, and racing are two completely different things.

I guess time will show how prepared he is/or isn't, if/when he comes back. Regardless, I bet there will be a lot of buzz at the track that weekend!
I was in Mountain Home this last weekend visiting my Dad in Bull Shoals, Huck! We had a steak at Colton's.
Chinaski
1/31/2017 12:55pm
davistld01 wrote:
I know, I know..."another Stewart thread"!! But, seriously...I believe I remember Malcolm said that James would probably be back with his own deal by the Oakland...

But, seriously...I believe I remember Malcolm said that James would probably be back with his own deal by the Oakland round...and here we are! And there hasn't been as much as a teaser pic on IG or Twitter...no hints from Mookie...no Stewart threads here in the last 3-4 days...it's like the freaking silent treatment! The rumor was James bought some Hondas...but there's no proof, no pics, videos. Like we say here: "Pics, or it didn't happen!".

davistld01,

You have got to be kidding me. You've been on the forums long enough to know better. These posts never end, do they. There is simply an unlimited supply of people who continue to post asking if James Stewart is returning to racing. He's retired. Stewart is DONE. FINISHED. CAPUT.

These posts remind me of the recurring Jason Lawrence-is-making-a-comeback threads.

James Stewart is done. Has been done for a long time. Accept it.

So how long until the next thread asking if James Stewart will be returning - 48 hours? 3 or 4 days? Next week?
huck
1/31/2017 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 1:05pm
davistld01 wrote:
I was in Mountain Home this last weekend visiting my Dad in Bull Shoals, Huck! We had a steak at Colton's.
I grew up in Lakeview (other side of the dam from Bull Shoals). Now I live around 2 miles from Colton's.

I was in Springfield on Thursday and Sunday...when I flew to Phoenix and returned.
davistld01
1/31/2017 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 1:06pm
davistld01 wrote:
huck wrote:
I grew up in Lakeview (other side of the dam from Bull Shoals). Now I live around 2 miles from Colton's. I was in Springfield on...
I grew up in Lakeview (other side of the dam from Bull Shoals). Now I live around 2 miles from Colton's.

I was in Springfield on Thursday and Sunday...when I flew to Phoenix and returned.
He's 99...and is looking forward to turning 100 next month. I wanted to take him to 178 Club in Bull Shoals...but we settled for Colton's. Cheaper...and just as good. I like Mountain Home.
cali11
1/31/2017 1:06pm
davistld01 wrote:
I know, I know..."another Stewart thread"!! But, seriously...I believe I remember Malcolm said that James would probably be back with his own deal by the Oakland...

Chinaski wrote:
davistld01, You have got to be kidding me. You've been on the forums long enough to know better. These posts never end, do they. There is...
davistld01,

You have got to be kidding me. You've been on the forums long enough to know better. These posts never end, do they. There is simply an unlimited supply of people who continue to post asking if James Stewart is returning to racing. He's retired. Stewart is DONE. FINISHED. CAPUT.

These posts remind me of the recurring Jason Lawrence-is-making-a-comeback threads.

James Stewart is done. Has been done for a long time. Accept it.

So how long until the next thread asking if James Stewart will be returning - 48 hours? 3 or 4 days? Next week?
Thanks I didn't get the memo. Got any other inside info you care to share?
huck
1/31/2017 1:11pm
davistld01 wrote:
He's 99...and is looking forward to turning 100 next month. I wanted to take him to 178 Club in Bull Shoals...but we settled for Colton's. Cheaper...and...
He's 99...and is looking forward to turning 100 next month. I wanted to take him to 178 Club in Bull Shoals...but we settled for Colton's. Cheaper...and just as good. I like Mountain Home.
We're going to 178 club this weekend for my wife's birthday.

A great place to try is Whispering Woods. It's on the other side of Mtn. Home (on hwy 5 south about 15 miles)...overlooking Norfork Dam. It's a husband and wife from England, I think. They used to travel with the PGA and he was the chef that would cook for everybody. They got tired of the traveling and bought a small resort and restaurant. It's the best place around, and very reasonable.

Gaston's is cool for the scenery, but it's way overpriced. We usually go a couple times a year, just for something different. They have a great brunch though.

Happy birthday to your dad!
Chinaski
1/31/2017 1:16pm
cali11 wrote:
Then you better get a new memo service, yours is broken. The memo was sent out multiple times over the last few years. You really need to start paying attention. But a lot of people like you are not listening or paying attention, unfortunately.
davistld01
1/31/2017 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 3:01pm
cali11 wrote:
Chinaski wrote:
Then you better get a new memo service, yours is broken. The memo was sent out multiple times over the last few years. You really need...
Then you better get a new memo service, yours is broken. The memo was sent out multiple times over the last few years. You really need to start paying attention. But a lot of people like you are not listening or paying attention, unfortunately.
Is there some reason you only became a member today...and have wasted five posts being a troll? Surely you can find something better to do with your time...

...well, maybe not.

Maybe GuyB will put you out of your misery.
Chinaski
1/31/2017 3:06pm
davistld01 wrote:
Is there some reason you only became a member today...and have wasted five posts being a troll? Surely you can find something better to do with...
Is there some reason you only became a member today...and have wasted five posts being a troll? Surely you can find something better to do with your time...

...well, maybe not.

Maybe GuyB will put you out of your misery.
Fuck off.
theesloth
1/31/2017 3:49pm
Didn't Ricky say that the championship doesn't start until Dayton?
mx836
1/31/2017 3:58pm
Chinaski wrote:
Fuck off.
Don't you know you're not supposed to create multiple accounts? This one was going to get deleted anyway, but you just sealed the deal!!

Stew will be back when he is, if at all. More people posting about how they can't understand why the Stewart bros are out of shape without any evidence of what they've been doing whatsoever. All the theories have been hashed out a hundred times and I don't think James or Mookie are going to post the answer for us, so there's nothing new to discuss IMO, unless y'all know where to find some more dead horses. Wink

Post a reply to: Oakland. Stew?

The Latest