Oakland?

mxer613
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2016 8:04pm
My boss and I are flying down Friday from Portland and staying at the airport Hilton, just wondering if anyone wants to hang out in the lounge Friday night. My boss is a total nubee to the sport, 1 month in, and he loves it, even bought a new bike
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
1/24/2016 8:47pm
I'll be out in the dim corner of the parking lot at Midnight
MR. X
1/24/2016 8:58pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I'll be out in the dim corner of the parking lot at Midnight
Is that safe?
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
1/24/2016 8:59pm
No, that's why I won't be there lol.
PTshox
1/24/2016 9:01pm
In my opinion Oakland is not safe. They should have kept it in San Francisco.

This is why folks that I know who live 1 hr away won't go to this event. Stay way from certain areas around the coliseum.

The Shop

1/24/2016 9:11pm
PTshox wrote:
In my opinion Oakland is not safe. They should have kept it in San Francisco. This is why folks that I know who live 1 hr...

This is why folks that I know who live 1 hr away won't go to this event. Stay way from certain areas around the coliseum.
I absolutely agree. I live close and don't need that shit. The overpass walkway and BART at 11:00 got me all scurred. I don't go anymore. Although, AT&T park was better, my buddy got stabbed in the ass one year. (he kind of deserved it)
yzjs7
1/24/2016 9:36pm
I'll be at Oakland, I'm hearing rain. It's gonna rain yellow.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/24/2016 9:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2016 9:42pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Smile

He did excellent in 2014 in Oakland with not a great start.
Came through the pack and worked his way up to 2nd behind Villo.

https://youtu.be/7609gt3e_aQ
1/25/2016 8:26am
Oakland not safe? I think some of you have been reading scary stories with your kids a bit too much.
Sure it's not safe if you grew up without any "streetwise" knowledge, but if you are conscious of your surroundings, it's fine.

I better clarify that for folks. If you leave your KTM unattended like the guy did at round 3, it will gp away.

It's sort of like going to a Raider game wearing a Raider jersey or a Bronco jersey. One of those people will get treated to a hard time. If you're stupid enough to be confused by this, well, you sort of deserve it.

Oakland has a bad rep, but there haven't been any issues there in ages. Security is everywhere and there's people all over the place. Just don't hang out in an alley.

P.S. Oakland Hilton? If you want to hang, just go out to the Oracle early. Like really early. Practice starts at 10am or so. Then if you are there, just party down with the tailgaters. Don't let these people spook you about Oakland. Once you are in the gates, it's fine.
Skuzzy29
1/25/2016 9:07am
Oakland not safe? I think some of you have been reading scary stories with your kids a bit too much. Sure it's not safe if you...
Oakland not safe? I think some of you have been reading scary stories with your kids a bit too much.
Sure it's not safe if you grew up without any "streetwise" knowledge, but if you are conscious of your surroundings, it's fine.

I better clarify that for folks. If you leave your KTM unattended like the guy did at round 3, it will gp away.

It's sort of like going to a Raider game wearing a Raider jersey or a Bronco jersey. One of those people will get treated to a hard time. If you're stupid enough to be confused by this, well, you sort of deserve it.

Oakland has a bad rep, but there haven't been any issues there in ages. Security is everywhere and there's people all over the place. Just don't hang out in an alley.

P.S. Oakland Hilton? If you want to hang, just go out to the Oracle early. Like really early. Practice starts at 10am or so. Then if you are there, just party down with the tailgaters. Don't let these people spook you about Oakland. Once you are in the gates, it's fine.
Agreed!
I've been going to SX races, Raider games and A's games for years and haven't seen nor been in any sort of altercations.
...but if you're foolishly walking down a dimly lit sidewalk of an industrial area in the middle of the night....
1/25/2016 11:38am
I keep hearing how scary Oakland is but have yet to see any evidence to prove it.
mxer613
1/25/2016 11:50am
I keep hearing how scary Oakland is but have yet to see any evidence to prove it.
Any safe colors, blue and red probably not a good idea? Anyway, any good pre race parties?
jeffro503
1/25/2016 12:08pm
mxer613 wrote:
Any safe colors, blue and red probably not a good idea? Anyway, any good pre race parties?
Hey man , long time. Hope you're well and maybe see you at some of the tracks this spring.

I drove down to Oakland last year and i didn't have any issues or even see any. Had a good time. And people warned me about going. I've seen more sketchy shit at a concert at the rose garden. Go and have fun Jason. Get that boss of yours into some mx tracks!
Gringoe
1/25/2016 12:13pm
mxer613 wrote:
No gold or purple either Tongue
Hallzilla
1/25/2016 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2016 12:24pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Wow that sucks for you getting pissed on and all. Maybe you should stop lingering under James' junk and that won't happen
iudi2006
Fantasy
312th
1/25/2016 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2016 12:30pm
I completely disagree with anyone who says the Oakland race is unsafe. The city in itself definitely is but you either park inside next to the stadium or take BART(Bay Area Rapid Transit) and it drops you off right in front of the coliseum with a tunnel that leads there. In 2011 I was 15 years old and just me and another teenage friend went on public transportation. Come on now I'm a little surprised some of you grown men are too much in fear to go enjoy a local Supercross race. Stop watching too much of the news and listening to bullshit stories.
mxer613
1/25/2016 12:37pm
mxer613 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey man , long time. Hope you're well and maybe see you at some of the tracks this spring. I drove down to Oakland last year...
Hey man , long time. Hope you're well and maybe see you at some of the tracks this spring.

I drove down to Oakland last year and i didn't have any issues or even see any. Had a good time. And people warned me about going. I've seen more sketchy shit at a concert at the rose garden. Go and have fun Jason. Get that boss of yours into some mx tracks!
We're gonna build a track at his house this spring, he bought a new husky ,450

RandyS
1/25/2016 2:30pm
PTshox wrote:
In my opinion Oakland is not safe. They should have kept it in San Francisco. This is why folks that I know who live 1 hr...

Feld was given Oakland for free, that's why parking is $40. The fans are paying the rental on the big top.
TG130
1/25/2016 11:17pm
Oakland not safe? I think some of you have been reading scary stories with your kids a bit too much. Sure it's not safe if you...

Listen to this man and don't listen to all the horror stories. Don't hang out in the streets or neighborhoods around the stadium. Stay in the parking lot, tailgate and party. Hang out in the pits. You'll have a good time and will be safe except for all the animals in the parking lot getting drunk and high Grinning
Zycki11
1/26/2016 6:32am
It is the exact same in St. Louis each year. People freak out and have horror stories and to be honest, they mostly deserve it through sheer ignorance. If you leave a moto van unlocked someone will take something out of it. Although this year with the race being a day race at 330 in the afternoon, I doubt we will run into as many issues. Not many of the criminal folk like to wake up before 5pm.
Grizz
1/26/2016 6:42am
Zycki11 wrote:
It is the exact same in St. Louis each year. People freak out and have horror stories and to be honest, they mostly deserve it through...
It is the exact same in St. Louis each year. People freak out and have horror stories and to be honest, they mostly deserve it through sheer ignorance. If you leave a moto van unlocked someone will take something out of it. Although this year with the race being a day race at 330 in the afternoon, I doubt we will run into as many issues. Not many of the criminal folk like to wake up before 5pm.
Not many of the criminal folk like to wake up before 5pm

If you want to get something stolen you can go ahead and believe that... You know there are professional thieves right? Like the ones we don't here about, because they don't get caught.
Johnny Ringo
1/26/2016 7:19am
That's why they need to bring it back to Seattle. only thing that is a little strange up here are the homosexuals legally smoking weed and listening to macklemore. You aren't gonna get mugged like in Oakland.
Zycki11
1/26/2016 7:20am
Zycki11 wrote:
It is the exact same in St. Louis each year. People freak out and have horror stories and to be honest, they mostly deserve it through...
Grizz wrote:
[i]Not many of the criminal folk like to wake up before 5pm[/i] If you want to get something stolen you can go ahead and believe that...
Not many of the criminal folk like to wake up before 5pm

If you want to get something stolen you can go ahead and believe that... You know there are professional thieves right? Like the ones we don't here about, because they don't get caught.
Of course, then again I think it was painfully obvious i was speaking in generality. Never had anything stolen because i take precaution as best as possible.
MudPup545
1/26/2016 8:07am
I was stationed in Oakland for three years, NSC Oakland. Never had an issue.
IceMan446
1/26/2016 9:04am
I have never had an issue in Oakland. Ever.

I wouldnt recommend parking on the south side of the lot or going to any of the gas stations around the stadium. But other than that its not a big deal.

Go straight in, park and leave right after that. Nothing more than what you would do at any other round.
Grizz
1/26/2016 9:42am
Zycki11 wrote:
Of course, then again I think it was painfully obvious i was speaking in generality. Never had anything stolen because i take precaution as best as...
Of course, then again I think it was painfully obvious i was speaking in generality. Never had anything stolen because i take precaution as best as possible.
Yea same here. Make it as difficult as possible at the very least lol
Flynn842
1/26/2016 10:12am
I can't wait. Dropping the kid off at grandma's and jumping on bart. I have my bag packed and rain gear ready.
The parking lot goes off during the day. Alot of good parties. The bar behind home plate is good to chill and watch practice.
I've been goin to sx in the bay since it started. Sf had its issue's also. I choose to take my family to Oakland sporting events over going to giants games or 49er games and have never had an issue.
iudi2006
Fantasy
312th
1/26/2016 3:21pm
Flynn842 wrote:
I can't wait. Dropping the kid off at grandma's and jumping on bart. I have my bag packed and rain gear ready. The parking lot goes...
I can't wait. Dropping the kid off at grandma's and jumping on bart. I have my bag packed and rain gear ready.
The parking lot goes off during the day. Alot of good parties. The bar behind home plate is good to chill and watch practice.
I've been goin to sx in the bay since it started. Sf had its issue's also. I choose to take my family to Oakland sporting events over going to giants games or 49er games and have never had an issue.
Yeah i agree, I have actually seen a lot more fights at the San Francisco supercross than Oakland. As long as you are aware of your surroundings you'll be okay.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
1/26/2016 7:03pm
There is a good chance it will be a delayed day program if the weather keeps looking like it is.

Post a reply to: Oakland?

The Latest