OT: My Breckenridge Snowboard GoPro Edit

disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
Edited Date/Time 4/18/2014 8:40pm
This is my 1st, well 2nd GoPro video since getting my camera a few weeks ago. First one worthy of posting.

Take a look and see what I came up with. This is how we ride around here until the snow melts.

Also enjoyed my new Dragon goggles. Peripheral vision for days!
Be sure to set the video quality to 1080p before watching. And don't miss the crash at the end. Peace and love.

https://youtu.be/DSeXve_HOhE
|
DoctorJD
4/17/2014 12:07pm
Peak 7, right? Had a blast over there back in February. Ski'd the hell out of the Monte Cristo and Claim Jumper (my two favorite runs). Great job on the video. If you haven't gotten one yet, I highly recommend a pole mount for snowboarding. I'll see if I can embed one of my son's short clips from Instagram. Its a great compliment to the helmet cam footage.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
4/17/2014 12:45pm
Breck looks really flat.
On the easy runs it is flat, but it's got plenty of steep stuff too. The mountain is huge! Something like 180 plus runs.

I would say Breck is more of a beginner, family oriented type place. All the locals go to Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, Copper and Loveland. That's where the tough stuff is. Toooo steep for me tho.

I took some video of some steep stuff at Breck, but it is boring because it just looks like I am going slow. The camera doesn't exactly show just how steep the terrain is either.

The run you are seeing here is a very easy blue with nice, easy, and fun natural rolling terrain.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
4/17/2014 12:49pm
DoctorJD wrote:
Peak 7, right? Had a blast over there back in February. Ski'd the hell out of the Monte Cristo and Claim Jumper (my two favorite runs)...
Peak 7, right? Had a blast over there back in February. Ski'd the hell out of the Monte Cristo and Claim Jumper (my two favorite runs). Great job on the video. If you haven't gotten one yet, I highly recommend a pole mount for snowboarding. I'll see if I can embed one of my son's short clips from Instagram. Its a great compliment to the helmet cam footage.
Yep, Peak 7. Claimjumper is for sure a good run, one of my favorites. A very good blue in my opinion. The only problem with Claimjumper is that it takes you away from Peak 7, down to the base of 8, where all the people (tourists) are.

The run I was on in the video is Wirepatch on Peak 7.

The Shop

Outsider
4/17/2014 12:54pm
Nice vid!

Can't believe how un-crowded it is wow!
huck
4/17/2014 12:56pm
DoctorJD wrote:
Peak 7, right? Had a blast over there back in February. Ski'd the hell out of the Monte Cristo and Claim Jumper (my two favorite runs)...
disbanded wrote:
Yep, Peak 7. Claimjumper is for sure a good run, one of my favorites. A very good blue in my opinion. The only problem with Claimjumper...
Yep, Peak 7. Claimjumper is for sure a good run, one of my favorites. A very good blue in my opinion. The only problem with Claimjumper is that it takes you away from Peak 7, down to the base of 8, where all the people (tourists) are.

How is the new area? Peak 6? I heard it was going to be pretty cool.
MOTO120
4/17/2014 1:00pm
Cool vid. I recently picked up a GoPro myself but can't figure out how edit any of the videos (using GoPro's newest studio). I just want to figure out how to fast forward certain "boring" section (but don't want to take them all the way out) and add some music (or even the original sound....it won't import the original sound either). Frustrating haha.

Are you using the GoPro Studio downloaded off their site?
JerseyFresh
4/17/2014 1:10pm
You should check out Telluride sometime. Besides the Mountain being ridiculous, the place is heaven on earth. So beautiful, and the summers are amazing.
JM485
4/17/2014 1:35pm
Cool! I took some vids on my trip to Tahoe this year and the camera definately does not do the mountains or the speed you are going justice. I think you got a few people excited when you walked into the restroom!WoohooLaughingShockedBlinkPinchSick
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
4/17/2014 1:36pm
Outsider wrote:
Nice vid!

Can't believe how un-crowded it is wow!
Yeah dude, this is how crowded it is January thru March. The crowd thins out pretty quickly after Spring Break.

Very long lift lines on the weekends

disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
4/17/2014 1:42pm
DoctorJD wrote:
disbanded wrote:
Yep, Peak 7. Claimjumper is for sure a good run, one of my favorites. A very good blue in my opinion. The only problem with Claimjumper...

huck wrote:
Peak 6 is very cool, but it was busy this first season open. Everybody wanted to check it out.

It has some of the only blue runs in the world that are actually above the tree line. Freaking awesome views!

huck
4/17/2014 1:44pm
disbanded wrote:

huck wrote:
disbanded wrote:
Peak 6 is very cool, but it was busy this first season open. Everybody wanted to check it out. It has some of the only blue...
Peak 6 is very cool, but it was busy this first season open. Everybody wanted to check it out.

It has some of the only blue runs in the world that are actually above the tree line. Freaking awesome views!

Sweet. I've always liked Peak 7 the best, since it was the quietest...I figure that's changed this year.
JerseyFresh
4/17/2014 1:58pm
I can't deal with all that front range non-sense. I've never seen it like that in Telluride ever. Slide right up.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
4/17/2014 5:11pm
MOTO120 wrote:
Cool vid. I recently picked up a GoPro myself but can't figure out how edit any of the videos (using GoPro's newest studio). I just want...
Cool vid. I recently picked up a GoPro myself but can't figure out how edit any of the videos (using GoPro's newest studio). I just want to figure out how to fast forward certain "boring" section (but don't want to take them all the way out) and add some music (or even the original sound....it won't import the original sound either). Frustrating haha.

Are you using the GoPro Studio downloaded off their site?
Yep, I am using GoPro studio. It's definitely a little limited, but it gets the job done.

You can speed up or slow down the clips by selecting a clip at the bottom (by clicking it), and then up at the top right in the Video Controls there is a Speed setting. You can set each individual clip to whatever speed you want.

You sometimes have to break up each individual clip into a bunch of smaller clips in order to get different speeds within the vid, if you know what I mean.

As for the music, mine worked by clicking the Media button at the top left of the screen, and then dragging the music clip into the correct spot below the clips. Hope that helps.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
4/17/2014 5:21pm
You should check out Telluride sometime. Besides the Mountain being ridiculous, the place is heaven on earth. So beautiful, and the summers are amazing.
Telluride is one of my favorite places in the world, and Ouray too, but I've never had the pleasure of boarding in Telluride.

Only get to spend time there in the summers. We always stay at the Victorian Inn right off of Colorado Ave.

I also like to hang out with Tom Cruise and ride his moto track.
enketchum
4/17/2014 7:09pm
There is a thread in the non-moto section for videos just like these
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
4/18/2014 9:30am
enketchum wrote:
It could be considered moto because I have an FMF sticker on my board...
mx757
4/18/2014 3:59pm
I miss living up there. I lived in Frisco for a long time, and learned how to board at Copper. Definitely a chill place to live, as long as you can drive in the snow.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
4/18/2014 8:40pm
mx757 wrote:
I miss living up there. I lived in Frisco for a long time, and learned how to board at Copper. Definitely a chill place to live...
I miss living up there. I lived in Frisco for a long time, and learned how to board at Copper. Definitely a chill place to live, as long as you can drive in the snow.
Yes sir, I definitely love it up here a lot.

Post a reply to: OT: My Breckenridge Snowboard GoPro Edit

The Latest