OT: A pro's opinon of Holeshot devices....Good or bad?

Lightning78
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:23pm
Lifted this from DV12's blog and it got me thinking, he may be right about these devices ...maybe they cause the starts to be a little more dangerous than they should be?

Not quite sure how to go about it but banning them would cripple more than a few MX related businesses but I gotta agree with DV on his opinon after reading this....open thread please post your opinons...

"About holeshot devices, what's the purpose?
They should be banned, It was cool to have in 2002 when we (Factory Yamaha) showed up in Anaheim, only in the main with them... Only 3 of us had them, Ferry, MC and I I think... It was obviously anadvantage back then. Few weeks later everyone had them. For your knowledge, Yamaha Rinaldi showed with Everts with those in the middle of the GP season in 2001.
1. No one has an advantage anymore.
2. It makes the bike start faster which means getting faster in the first turn. So maybe more dangerous
3. It's a pain for the mechanics every time they change forks and fork guards
4. Some privateers still pay for those...
5. Without them, starts would be more technical and skill would make a difference...
It's only my opinion...
DV "

http://dv12.blogspot.com/2010/03/dvs-view-holeshot-device-kit-holeshot…
|
ShookTwo
4/3/2010 8:41pm
maybe they should ban those crazy start ignitions that the factory teams use oh wait then the privateers wouldnt be at such a disadvantage we cant have that.
pitbike502
4/3/2010 8:45pm
they should probably ban pipes too while theyre at it...
newmann
4/3/2010 9:07pm
pitbike502 wrote:
they should probably ban pipes too while theyre at it...
At least those thousand dollar ones. LOL

The Shop

4/3/2010 10:21pm
"Hone their skills more"?!?

You guys are nutty. If you think a HS device makes a start less technical you've lost it. It just allows you to get on the throttle harder, if you're doing this the bike will lift the wheel just as easily as it does without it.
stumpjumper
4/3/2010 10:32pm
My dad use to tell me way before they were invented,Remember nuts on the tank!
john1753
4/4/2010 12:22am
Lifted this from DV12's blog and it got me thinking, he may be right about these devices ...maybe they cause the starts to be a little...
Lifted this from DV12's blog and it got me thinking, he may be right about these devices ...maybe they cause the starts to be a little more dangerous than they should be?

Not quite sure how to go about it but banning them would cripple more than a few MX related businesses but I gotta agree with DV on his opinon after reading this....open thread please post your opinons...

"About holeshot devices, what's the purpose?
They should be banned, It was cool to have in 2002 when we (Factory Yamaha) showed up in Anaheim, only in the main with them... Only 3 of us had them, Ferry, MC and I I think... It was obviously anadvantage back then. Few weeks later everyone had them. For your knowledge, Yamaha Rinaldi showed with Everts with those in the middle of the GP season in 2001.
1. No one has an advantage anymore.
2. It makes the bike start faster which means getting faster in the first turn. So maybe more dangerous
3. It's a pain for the mechanics every time they change forks and fork guards
4. Some privateers still pay for those...
5. Without them, starts would be more technical and skill would make a difference...
It's only my opinion...
DV "

http://dv12.blogspot.com/2010/03/dvs-view-holeshot-device-kit-holeshot…
Gee Whiz you must be stoked with all the pros and their opinions they posted eh
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
4/4/2010 12:29am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2010 12:34am
Or better yet he could have just read the original post and not brought the whole stupid thing up again.Dont 450 4strokes get EVERYBODY to the first turn WAY faster? ..............................................................
http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/MotoRelated,20/Holeshot-devices-should-be…

Post a reply to: OT: A pro's opinon of Holeshot devices....Good or bad?

The Latest