Not confident of my 08 RMZ 250

Devil1nNj
6/8/2012 10:18am
I get the whole different strokes for different folks thing. I do. I own both.
WTF are you guys doing to you your bikes? I maintain all my bikes, I had one issue once years back with an oil screen that was an issue on certain Kawi 450s in my year, but other than that, I've never once had a problem with the 3 diff 4 strokes I've owned.

Serious question, do you guys follow routine maintenance? Yeah IF things go wrong with my 2stk its cheaper at times, but what the hell are you guys doing that you all have all these grenade stories???

I know one kid that had a 250 kxf grenade, but it was his fault, AND Kawi actually covered everything but labor...
moto282
6/8/2012 10:28am
burn1986 wrote:
Good reading material http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/886200-2008-rmz-250f-big-time-blown-up-engine-may-need-parts-or-could-sell-you-my-parts/ http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/459664-07-rmz-engine-havoc/ http://forums.mxtrax.co.uk/showthread.php?51701-Has-anybody-had-engine-problems-with-the-09-RMZ-250 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2012/06/08/blown_engine_693519.jpg[/img] There may be some good parts left on this motor.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
6/8/2012 10:32am
GrapeApe wrote:
This guy is either a troll or a complete fucking moran. I'm guessing both. And yes, welcome back Bronson. 43 worthless posts in less than 24...
This guy is either a troll or a complete fucking moran. I'm guessing both.

And yes, welcome back Bronson. 43 worthless posts in less than 24 hours.
who exactly are you, and what exactly is your fucking problem? I read your posts, and I see nothing but a disgruntled old guy who has...
who exactly are you, and what exactly is your fucking problem? I read your posts, and I see nothing but a disgruntled old guy who has a friend who is friends with a friend of Doug Dubach's highschool prom date, so this makes you an "insider".

What exactly classifies my posts as "worthless"? Go ahead and articulate it, Grape Ape and let the keyboard be your rifle, and the english language your bullet.
I'm far from an insider, and never claimed to be. My problem with you is that you have signed up under at least a half dozen different names this year, and get booted within a week each time. In case you haven't figured it out, you're not liked - shall I pull a link to the Todd Huffman thread? Yet, each time you come back you bring the same attitude and schtick as the last time I guess thinking this time the result will be different? I feel bad for you, I really do. It has to be tough to want to be part of a community so much despite being told repeatedly to piss off.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/8/2012 10:34am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2012 10:36am
I know that, these guys were just unloading on the original poster - ". . . bj on the Taliban. . . fuckin idiots. . .you are full of shit . . .street cred just went down the shitter . . . complete fuckin moron. . .etc."

Obviously, it's "4 hours of use" of use after rebuild.

The Shop

GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
6/8/2012 10:41am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2012 10:53am
burn1986 wrote:
I know that, these guys were just unloading on the original poster - ". . . bj on the Taliban. . . fuckin idiots. . .you...
I know that, these guys were just unloading on the original poster - ". . . bj on the Taliban. . . fuckin idiots. . .you are full of shit . . .street cred just went down the shitter . . . complete fuckin moron. . .etc."

Obviously, it's "4 hours of use" of use after rebuild.
You should re-read the troll's posts. Or re-write them if you're the troll.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/8/2012 11:19am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2012 11:29am
I have ridden the bike about 8 times in that 4 years, usually a couple of 15 min. or a 30 minute session each time out...
I have ridden the bike about 8 times in that 4 years, usually a couple of 15 min. or a 30 minute session each time out. Between the popping and sometimes not wanting to start, I have spent a bit to get it sorted out. Go thru the carb etc.... I must admit this could also have been bad gas and not so much the bikes fault. Although It still falls on my wallet. I have ruined my right Tech 7 Boot sole trying to start the durn bike, LOL ! gotta replace those soon, boots arent cheap. Anyways... The bike runs fine now but I hate the thought of something going wrong that I cannot afford or fix myself. I am just an old 2 stroke dude and its hard to change that part of me after this many years. I can do most any repair on a 2 stroke if I have to which is reassuring. I'm just too old and set in my ways to have a love affair with this RMZ, the luv just aint there. Some guys like certain kind of girls, I like em that put oil in their gas. Dont tell my wife I said that.....yikes !!!

fatalxsunrider43
Okay, so I missed this little paragraph.

Even though it's a little corny with him only riding it 15-30 mins at a time, it doesn't sound like an outright troll thread. Sounds like he's a maybe a little hard with communicating.

Everyone knows these bikes are pretty reliable, but with the high rpms of all those moving parts, he does make a some case for fear of potential failure costs.
Katoom72
6/8/2012 1:41pm
ALl bikes blow, be it 4 or 2 strokes. the 2stroke is still cheaper to repair.
You can buy a 2k$ bike and blow it up after 3 races, then you have to spend atleast half of the purchace price to get it back in running state. Then you got to pray it won't blow again.

on the other hand you could be lucky and your bike never blows. So you just got yourself a cheap season.

I'd rather take the 2stroke gamble tough.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/8/2012 1:48pm
All that really matters is how the front fender looks, Cool
6/8/2012 2:35pm
First off the OP does come across bit odd, maybe intentional or not but would seem his bike is a dud or has does something to it?

4 strokes are not for eveyone, for me the 4 stroke love finally died when I had a motor parts all over the shed and thought I dont want all this shit in my dirt bike! and you'll find that quite a few of the 2 stroke nut jobs have had a 4 stroke or two at some point.

It's easier to hate something with a passion when you use to love it,

Post a reply to: Not confident of my 08 RMZ 250

The Latest