Not another 338 thread??

Moto547
7/27/2009 6:57pm
Despite all his bullshit stuff people
REALLY DONT give him the credit he
deserves. When it comes to flat out speed
I think he was top 2 in that department
last weekend. Regardless... He did alot
better at Washougal than any of us ever will.
Period.

Good read Tripper.
Ing
7/27/2009 7:13pm
Moto547 wrote:
Despite all his bullshit stuff people REALLY DONT give him the credit he deserves. When it comes to flat out speed I think he was top...
Despite all his bullshit stuff people
REALLY DONT give him the credit he
deserves. When it comes to flat out speed
I think he was top 2 in that department
last weekend. Regardless... He did alot
better at Washougal than any of us ever will.
Period.

Good read Tripper.
This always cracks me up whenever it's said that so and so is faster than any of us. What a strange thing to say. Of course he's faster than any of us. That's why we're talking about them. BTW, I'd be willing to bet that we ALL know that the pros are faster than any of us.
Devil1nNj
7/27/2009 9:21pm
This reminds me of the board where all the super fast riders post about us "regular" guys.
It all comes around full circle, huh ?

The Shop

level
7/27/2009 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2009 9:32pm
Just like I was saying a couple days ago-the guy is down on himself and you can tell. People are not respecting him at the track and he is probably getting treated like shit by his peers and people around the pits and in the industry. That's enough to make you a little down and say fuck this shit-I'm out of here. I picked up on that the otherday and what he said just confirmed what I was thinking. Good read. I hope he hangs in there and just rides and learns to love it again but he needs to change his attitude a little and just move forward and try not to be a dick or otherwise he just won't get that respect if he even wants it.
typ2vw159
7/27/2009 9:44pm
Devil1nNj wrote:
This reminds me of the board where all the super fast riders post about us "regular" guys.
It all comes around full circle, huh ?
LOL could we get a link?Huh
Sandberm
7/27/2009 9:46pm
I would like to see a bitter, pissed off J-Law. Better than the smartass J-Law we,ve been amused by the past few years.

Time to grow up

BallsOut
7/27/2009 9:52pm
if you know J he is playing everyone. drawing up some sympathy. hahaha. forget all the bulshit and feel sorry for me. hahaha. this dude is a true genius. if he is down andout it could be he sponsor is gone fornext year.
Nerd
7/27/2009 10:14pm
FastEddy wrote:
That was a good read.
Thanks
That WAS a good read. Thanks a bunch.
BallsOut
7/27/2009 10:22pm
nerd why not go get a villopoto interview?

i like to hear what is up with him.
seven11
7/27/2009 10:25pm
BallsOut wrote:
if you know J he is playing everyone. drawing up some sympathy. hahaha. forget all the bulshit and feel sorry for me. hahaha. this dude is...
if you know J he is playing everyone. drawing up some sympathy. hahaha. forget all the bulshit and feel sorry for me. hahaha. this dude is a true genius. if he is down andout it could be he sponsor is gone fornext year.
could you handle thousands and thousands of people publicly talking shit about you, then come to work with a smile on your face pumped about the day. knowing every good thing you do that day is going to be cancelled out by all the hate spewed by jeleous fucks behind a computer with nothing better to do then ridicule some punk teenage kid for the stuff he does on his off time. get a fuckin clue
BallsOut
7/27/2009 10:30pm
first off dick i work in the industry. if i rolled the company car i would be fired. if i did drugs i would be fired. if i didnt show up for work i would be fired. he is a spoiled rotten bitch who has a mind of his own. now his tail is between his legs and crying. ive met him several times and he is damn cool but he needs to be responsible just like everyone else in the industry. he gets paid to race to promote his sponsors not sucker punch troy and smoke weed with hansen. bro you have no clure about this dude. and how many people would set villopoto off? i rest my case. go back to being a ignorant now.
Trip
7/27/2009 10:40pm
Nerd wrote:
Hey Word Nerd, why not ask Jay if it might of been better to let people know whats up from the get go, rather then say something after it's all been blown out?

Seems if some of these guys let the fans know whats going a little bit, there would be less speculation? The problems come from the speculation on the media's part. Fans read it and they put their spin on it and pretty soon Jason has no sponsors, his agent is in trouble with the FBI, he is thrown out of the AMA for life, he's going to jail for 2 years, and his dog doesn't like him anymore.

RC had this problem of not being very open with the media or the fans. Seems Jason is a media guys wet dream. The kid is always good for a quote or at take on what's going with the racing, I have not read an interview where I didn't laugh at least once. Seems the media keeps some things secret about certain riders and when it comes to 338 they can't wait to go to the net and air all his dirty laundry.

Hope he doesn't lose the fun factor. It is a job and he should take it seriously, but if he turns into Dungey...........
SH_105
7/27/2009 10:42pm
BallsOut wrote:
first off dick i work in the industry. if i rolled the company car i would be fired. if i did drugs i would be fired...
first off dick i work in the industry. if i rolled the company car i would be fired. if i did drugs i would be fired. if i didnt show up for work i would be fired. he is a spoiled rotten bitch who has a mind of his own. now his tail is between his legs and crying. ive met him several times and he is damn cool but he needs to be responsible just like everyone else in the industry. he gets paid to race to promote his sponsors not sucker punch troy and smoke weed with hansen. bro you have no clure about this dude. and how many people would set villopoto off? i rest my case. go back to being a ignorant now.
Just a correction............. It was never a "COMPANY CAR" that was rolled, it was a Rental Car. I feel the way you do to an extent, he is my neighbor along with being a good friend of mine but he has made the bed he is laying in now and has to deal with it. But I also dont feel his tail is between his legs. You all always say that you want us riders to be more colorful and speak whats on our minds instead of being a robot on tape. Jason says it how it is, as does Reed, but then they get ridiculed for it by being whiny or bitching. You all are worse than a 21 year old out at a club with her boobs out telling everyone not to stare!!!

SH 32
Trip
7/27/2009 10:47pm
BallsOut wrote:
first off dick i work in the industry. if i rolled the company car i would be fired. if i did drugs i would be fired...
Dude, most everyone who works "in the industry" tells us where they work, why haven't you??? Oh and most the people who work in the industry, don't tell us about IN EVERY F'ING POST!!!

seven11
7/27/2009 10:47pm
I dont give a shit that u work in the industry. The majority of people that post on this board knows someone somewhere that is connected in the industry. No one gives a shit, tell that to some 16 year old track skank if you want someone to care. Your job obligations and responsibilites are much different than jlaws. you are comparing apples and dogshit. maybe thats why you are hating, cause he is living the life you can only dream of. JLAW has done some stupid shit... yes i agree. But the kid has his own team for christs sake, obviously he is doing something right. People admire the way the kid rides, not his off track life. So why don't you just watch the kid ride, enjoy, and STFU!!!

and by the way, you have no idea what i know
Nerd
7/27/2009 10:52pm
Nerd wrote:
Trip wrote:
Hey Word Nerd, why not ask Jay if it might of been better to let people know whats up from the get go, rather then say...
Hey Word Nerd, why not ask Jay if it might of been better to let people know whats up from the get go, rather then say something after it's all been blown out?

Seems if some of these guys let the fans know whats going a little bit, there would be less speculation? The problems come from the speculation on the media's part. Fans read it and they put their spin on it and pretty soon Jason has no sponsors, his agent is in trouble with the FBI, he is thrown out of the AMA for life, he's going to jail for 2 years, and his dog doesn't like him anymore.

RC had this problem of not being very open with the media or the fans. Seems Jason is a media guys wet dream. The kid is always good for a quote or at take on what's going with the racing, I have not read an interview where I didn't laugh at least once. Seems the media keeps some things secret about certain riders and when it comes to 338 they can't wait to go to the net and air all his dirty laundry.

Hope he doesn't lose the fun factor. It is a job and he should take it seriously, but if he turns into Dungey...........
Well, we can't win.

I tend to like to write from the perspective of the people involved. So, for example, if there's a controversy, I provide pertinent quotes from both sides and let the reader decide.

Then "some guys" say I'm not challenging the interviewee enough (usually because the person making the accusation has an opinion they want validated).

Then, other guys, like Steve Matthes, who specialize in telling stories as he understands them himself instead of relying on quotes from the interested parties, get blamed for too much speculation or whatever.

Someone will always have a problem with us for one reason or another.
Nerd
7/27/2009 10:53pm
BallsOut wrote:
nerd why not go get a villopoto interview?

i like to hear what is up with him.
You're in the industry...

Call him.

Wink
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
7/27/2009 10:56pm
"You all are worse than a 21 year old out at a club with her boobs out telling everyone not to stare!!!

This thread is worthless with out Pic's
zjbell
7/27/2009 11:01pm
I'm not trying to start shit here, but it seems like this dude is having some serious issues (I'm guessing addiction related or some other type of chemical imbalance) and really needs some professional help. Honestly, I see this as the Britney Spears of MX. It's a damn shame this kid has so much talent but continues to sabotage himself with his actions.

shaner708
7/27/2009 11:06pm
BallsOut wrote:
Trip wrote:
Dude, most everyone who works "in the industry" tells us where they work, why haven't you??? Oh and most the people who work in the industry...
Dude, most everyone who works "in the industry" tells us where they work, why haven't you??? Oh and most the people who work in the industry, don't tell us about IN EVERY F'ING POST!!!

Trip dont you think a graphic designer such as ballsout who sits at a desk behing a computer all day knows a little bit about the industry? In fact the reason he tells everyone hes in the industry every post is because hes not actually around the industry for anyone to know or recognize him
breck
7/27/2009 11:06pm
Personally, I've always been a big JLaw fan and I'm glad hes doing right by himself. I don't care what he does off the track and really just enjoy watching him ride. So what if he's not a cookie cutter MX'er. Training 24/7, doing all of the 'right' things. I think its way awesome that the kid does stuff he wants to and shows up and races when and how he wants too... More power to him...

I need a JLaw Jersey for my new office wall, anyone know any up for auction?
Nerd
7/27/2009 11:08pm
zjbell wrote:
I'm not trying to start shit here, but it seems like this dude is having some serious issues (I'm guessing addiction related or some other type...
I'm not trying to start shit here, but it seems like this dude is having some serious issues (I'm guessing addiction related or some other type of chemical imbalance) and really needs some professional help. Honestly, I see this as the Britney Spears of MX. It's a damn shame this kid has so much talent but continues to sabotage himself with his actions.

Dude, Britney Spears isn't talented.
breck
7/27/2009 11:10pm
but she has some nice talents...
Nerd
7/27/2009 11:12pm
breck wrote:
but she has some nice talents...
Britney Spears won the lottery.

Lawrence is talented.
breck
7/27/2009 11:14pm
i was talking about her ass-ets...

Lawrence is a talented mofo... I'll agree with you there D.B. Cooper.
seven11
7/27/2009 11:14pm
Hopefully the kid can keep his head up and make a comeback!
zjbell
7/27/2009 11:17pm
Britney Spears wasn't talented, but her career had the momentum of a freight train at one point.

JL obviously has a massive amount of natural skill, and it's amazing to see him come off the bench and kill it on the track. But the fame, cash, and life of a talented pro racer with little guidance (IMHO) has caught up with him. I'm afraid he will fall hard before things get better.
Motodrew295
7/28/2009 2:02am
if I can put in the work that those guys are putting in, they don’t stand much of a chance.

That's it right there. Dial Ryno back in!
Kinetic1
7/28/2009 8:46am
Oh the potential! I would cut your balls off to have his gift.(notice I didn't say I would cut mine off) I so wish Jason would get his poop in a group but by the same token it is his life and his descision. In the mean time I will sit back and enjoy watching him ride. When he bothers to show up. Find the fun Jason. Were looking forward to your next championship. Here's to hoping you are.

Post a reply to: Not another 338 thread??

The Latest