Edited Date/Time 2/11/2016 2:34pm
This shit just opens Pandora's box.
EPA
|
2/10/2016 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2016 12:48pm
dcg141 wrote:
This shit just opens Pandora's box.
EPA
The box was opened long ago. Welcome to the ever growing government.

The Clean Air Act has such strict emission limits that virtually everything measured is in "non-attainment" status
Local air regulatory agency's, unelected bureaucrats, then formulate rules and regulations to attain certain goals in air emissions, picking targets as they deem necessary. Once these goals are met new lower emission "attainment" goals are adopted so an area or industry is again seen as "non-attainment" status. So more rules and regulations must be passed to reach new goals. These regulatory agency's are often funded by the permit fee's and fines they impose.

Unleaded gasoline and low sulfur diesel fuel is a great example of regulations that work, the burdens and benefits are shared by all. They do not generate income for the local agency's though so rules are imposed on local industry, off highway construction equipment and generators, hamburger stands, dry cleaners, and on and on and on all in the name of reaching the moving goal of "attainment".

hillbilly
2/10/2016 12:47pm
NASCAR has been worried for a while,thats why they went to ethanol base fuel,all the solar panels out where they will be seen,the recycling bins everywhere.

Same with f1 and the kers and ers charging batteries or capacitors, and the fuel load with no refueling making them run at a set rate or maximum that is monitored by the fia while racing.

I'm surprised that moto hasn't been shutdown just from the soil erosion and pollution from chainlube.

I have 2 ,026 pro saws,chainsaws bought a few years apart. The older oils the chain all the time it is running,the newer only while the chain is moving. I was told it was a epa thing,oiling the woods.
2/10/2016 1:04pm
hillbilly wrote:
NASCAR has been worried for a while,thats why they went to ethanol base fuel,all the solar panels out where they will be seen,the recycling bins everywhere...
NASCAR has been worried for a while,thats why they went to ethanol base fuel,all the solar panels out where they will be seen,the recycling bins everywhere.

Same with f1 and the kers and ers charging batteries or capacitors, and the fuel load with no refueling making them run at a set rate or maximum that is monitored by the fia while racing.

I'm surprised that moto hasn't been shutdown just from the soil erosion and pollution from chainlube.

I have 2 ,026 pro saws,chainsaws bought a few years apart. The older oils the chain all the time it is running,the newer only while the chain is moving. I was told it was a epa thing,oiling the woods.
I run a chainsaw shop, and your correct about the oiler. They have also made saws run so lean from the factory, they are problematic from the get go. Ethanol as we know is problematic, and even more so in small power equipment. The EPA has ruined so much in their quest.

The Shop

2/10/2016 1:10pm
When I buy leaded race gas I have to fill out a form for every purchase. I guess this is so the state knows how much lead my "race boat" spews in the air. The retailers have never been audited but you can sure bet they would get a huge fine if the were not storing years and years of useless paperwork. What is the sense in that? Why the undue burden on a business? If they want to know how much leaded fuel is used or sold can't that be done in the wholesale distribution process. Why does the government need the name and address of people using leaded race gas?
hillbilly
2/10/2016 1:15pm
hillbilly wrote:
NASCAR has been worried for a while,thats why they went to ethanol base fuel,all the solar panels out where they will be seen,the recycling bins everywhere...

I run a chainsaw shop, and your correct about the oiler. They have also made saws run so lean from the factory, they are problematic from...
I run a chainsaw shop, and your correct about the oiler. They have also made saws run so lean from the factory, they are problematic from the get go. Ethanol as we know is problematic, and even more so in small power equipment. The EPA has ruined so much in their quest.
When i raced 2 strokes and used the benzene oxidized fuel I'd pour it in the chainsaw weedeater leaf blower jug after about a week because of using bean oil and wanting fresh premix in the bikes.

I carry a little screwdriver to adjusting high speed so i could stand in a fog of the best smelling exhaust while sawing firewood. Go a tad rich and breathe in. Plus,that oxidize fuel made the saw run like a scalded dog.

The benzene probably wasn't the best fume to breathe though since the barrel had all these skull and crossbones on it.
51xc
2/11/2016 2:34pm
i was expecting boobies Sad

Post a reply to: Not about motorcycles, but

The Latest