Northern California has left the building.....

neverwas
Fantasy
784th
10/11/2011 4:17pm
ocscottie wrote:
Manny, you gotta remember this one, when Mike Holmes crashed at Baylands and took Sean McConns footpeg to his forehead, that was nasty! put him in...
Manny, you gotta remember this one, when Mike Holmes crashed at Baylands and took Sean McConns footpeg to his forehead, that was nasty! put him in coma IIRC. Mike actually contacted me through here awhile back!

and Jim Ricci at Dirt Works.

We had a cool little scene in the Bay Area. Late 70-early 80's we opened Santa Clara PAL for Wed. practices, if you rode there on Wednesdays, my mom or i signed you in Cool
machine wrote:
No shit dude, I rode there until they turned it into asphalt. That was a fun track, damn.......memories wow.
Santa Clara Pal! My first race in 1974 on Honda CR125 Elsinore.
That track made concrete seem loamy. Have a lot of great memories racing the Nor-Cal tracks.
ocscottie
10/11/2011 4:17pm
Dude, i found some pics of Allens Jensens Cycles RM80 i had scanned a long time ago:

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
10/11/2011 4:19pm
prozach wrote:
Oh and Nor-Cal isn't the Bay Area!!! At least not to people who live north of there! We used to always say we were going to...
Oh and Nor-Cal isn't the Bay Area!!! At least not to people who live north of there! We used to always say we were going to Central California when went racing in the Sacramento area.

PHILLIPSVILLE!!!!
jplough973 wrote:
Sacramento's the heart of Northern California. I live in Central California right now (San Luis Obispo).....at least that's how I always described it
The guys in Baja Oregon get a little touchy about the third state sometimes
ocscottie
10/11/2011 4:20pm
machine wrote:
show me again i forgot. Man I used to love launching off the downhill cliff into that ravine then lauching again out of it. I loved...
show me again i forgot. Man I used to love launching off the downhill cliff into that ravine then lauching again out of it. I loved riding the GP track.

Damn Scottie we are old fuggers aren't we?...... Grinning
I got hurt practicing at HH OHV, coming back to race my Pilot at the HH GP track was a memory i will forever cherish man...

https://youtu.be/2-I4saNkYDw

The Shop

ocscottie
10/11/2011 4:24pm
The was the Santa Clara PAL when it moved over to Great America Prkwy

ok i have GOT to get some work done!
machine
10/11/2011 4:25pm
machine wrote:
show me again i forgot. Man I used to love launching off the downhill cliff into that ravine then lauching again out of it. I loved...
show me again i forgot. Man I used to love launching off the downhill cliff into that ravine then lauching again out of it. I loved riding the GP track.

Damn Scottie we are old fuggers aren't we?...... Grinning
ocscottie wrote:
I got hurt practicing at HH OHV, coming back to race my Pilot at the HH GP track was a memory i will forever cherish man...

https://youtu.be/2-I4saNkYDw
Damn dude, you were OC....lol!!
machine
10/11/2011 4:27pm
ocscottie wrote:
The was the Santa Clara PAL when it moved over to Great America Prkwy [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/405/photos/25527/s780_130277500_1270527632.jpg[/img] ok i have GOT to get some work done!
The was the Santa Clara PAL when it moved over to Great America Prkwy

ok i have GOT to get some work done!
That's when I was riding it, around 88-89. I used to do some of the night races at Fremont raceway, did you?
prozach
10/11/2011 4:28pm
prozach wrote:
Oh and Nor-Cal isn't the Bay Area!!! At least not to people who live north of there! We used to always say we were going to...
Oh and Nor-Cal isn't the Bay Area!!! At least not to people who live north of there! We used to always say we were going to Central California when went racing in the Sacramento area.

PHILLIPSVILLE!!!!
jplough973 wrote:
Sacramento's the heart of Northern California. I live in Central California right now (San Luis Obispo).....at least that's how I always described it
Hey man, got to admit it is a whole different world past the Redwood Curtain. lol To us the crazy busy Bay Area was a lot more like Southern California than what we experienced in the 350 mile long part of California north of there.
machine
10/11/2011 4:30pm
Anyone know if the track in Livermore next to the freeway is still open, i forgot the name. Used to ride there all the time. Rodney used to ride there sometimes.
Sondy132001
10/11/2011 4:31pm
jplough973 wrote:
prozach wrote:
Hey man, got to admit it is a whole different world past the Redwood Curtain. lol To us the crazy busy Bay Area was a lot...
Hey man, got to admit it is a whole different world past the Redwood Curtain. lol To us the crazy busy Bay Area was a lot more like Southern California than what we experienced in the 350 mile long part of California north of there.
I drove to Oregon & Washington a lot for mx races, Nationals, SX's and Pac-Wests, and my favorite place was that last 5-10 miles of meadow before you hit the OR border, I use to tell my dad, if I ever won lotto I'd buy up that meadow and build a house and a race track (only way I could convince my friends to come visit ha) and buy a helicopter to get around easily and quickly, like you said that last 350 miles is amazing !!

S
Sondy132001
10/11/2011 4:32pm
machine wrote:
Anyone know if the track in Livermore next to the freeway is still open, i forgot the name. Used to ride there all the time. Rodney...
Anyone know if the track in Livermore next to the freeway is still open, i forgot the name. Used to ride there all the time. Rodney used to ride there sometimes.
Club Moto ? yeah it's there still.

S
machine
10/11/2011 4:34pm
machine wrote:
Anyone know if the track in Livermore next to the freeway is still open, i forgot the name. Used to ride there all the time. Rodney...

S
Yep, that's it. Sondy, are you from Socal, or Norcal?
machine
10/11/2011 4:35pm
Club Moto in Livermore and yes it still is open
Hey remember Fremont Raceway ??

S
I used to race the night races. The lighting sucked, couldn't see shit....lol!
Sondy132001
10/11/2011 4:36pm
machine wrote:

S
machine wrote:
Factory photo beat me to it, I live in So Cal, my family owns CMC we run races all up and down California, I've spent a lot of time in Nor Cal !

S
prozach
10/11/2011 4:38pm
machine wrote:

S
They just had a CMC race there on Sunday!
Sondy132001
10/11/2011 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2011 4:40pm
machine wrote:

S
prozach wrote:
They just had a CMC race there on Sunday!
CMCmotocross.com click the Other Series tab Wink

S
machine
10/11/2011 4:42pm

S
machine wrote:
Factory photo beat me to it, I live in So Cal, my family owns CMC we run races all up and down California, I've spent a...
Factory photo beat me to it, I live in So Cal, my family owns CMC we run races all up and down California, I've spent a lot of time in Nor Cal !

S
wow, I honestly didn't know CMC was still runnin races, awesome. Shoot, as good lookin as you are, I figured you for a trophy girl...Smile

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.......Smile
Sondy132001
10/11/2011 4:44pm
machine wrote:
Factory photo beat me to it, I live in So Cal, my family owns CMC we run races all up and down California, I've spent a...

S
machine wrote:
wow, I honestly didn't know CMC was still runnin races, awesome. Shoot, as good lookin as you are, I figured you for a trophy girl...:) Thanks...
wow, I honestly didn't know CMC was still runnin races, awesome. Shoot, as good lookin as you are, I figured you for a trophy girl...Smile

haha that's funny and thanks ! did you race CMC back in the day ?? Ever hear of Robbie Brown ? he raced Pro in the 80's in So Cal, but up north too and he lives in NC now too !

S
scooter5002
10/11/2011 4:46pm
Hijack. Hey Sondy , I'm home. Time to spill the goods. Lol
Sondy132001
10/11/2011 4:48pm
ohhhhh ok I'll email you or call ????

S
ocscottie
10/11/2011 4:52pm
machine wrote:
That's when I was riding it, around 88-89. I used to do some of the night races at Fremont raceway, did you?
You got to remember, i got hurt in '85, but ran many a night races there, they had the Great America Series, Then they held a benefit race for me after i got hurt, i was let out of the hospital for the night to attend and they had a whole ceremony at hafltime inbetween 1st and 2nd motos. Nealer made a speech and we all broke out into tears, he was moto #1 and was pushing his bike to the line balling... he won the moto by like 30sec and was waving to me over the big double. It was some heavy shit man, Ron woudlnt let him come see me in the hospital because he didnt want it to affect Chris, he finally let him come one time.

btw: The promoter of that race took the $$ promised to me and ran. Fucker!

So you never ran the old orig PAL at the dump? This one:

That is another great friends motorhome in the background and his little brother Brain standing there, you all know him, Mikey Young, crazy that he and i ended up having the same fate. Mikey, Chris and I were inseparable back then at the races.

Here is Mikey, me in the center and Chris at Tulare, i crashed and busted my knee wide open.
machine
10/11/2011 4:52pm

S
machine wrote:
wow, I honestly didn't know CMC was still runnin races, awesome. Shoot, as good lookin as you are, I figured you for a trophy girl...:) Thanks...

haha that's funny and thanks ! did you race CMC back in the day ?? Ever hear of Robbie Brown ? he raced Pro in the...
haha that's funny and thanks ! did you race CMC back in the day ?? Ever hear of Robbie Brown ? he raced Pro in the 80's in So Cal, but up north too and he lives in NC now too !

S
Name sounds familliar, but I can't remember the face. Where in NC does he live, I might have seen him at one of the tracks here. I raced a few CMC's, not a lot. I think the races I did the most were AMP and GFI races?

Shoot, it's been so long ago, I don't remember shit anymore. Blink
ecavaliere
Fantasy
858th
10/11/2011 4:56pm
ecavaliere wrote:
I'm "from" Vacaville as well - my dad owned a Yamaha dealership there, VacaValley Yamaha, for a short time. I'm really enjoying this thread! Fun to...
I'm "from" Vacaville as well - my dad owned a Yamaha dealership there, VacaValley Yamaha, for a short time. I'm really enjoying this thread! Fun to hear all the old names, I grew racing moto with most if not all the names mentioned here. I will remind you that Mike Pascarella was also from Vacaville, he lived right up the street from me. His son, Joey, is the real deal as a road racer, and I believe they are still living in "V-town".
ocscottie wrote:
Joey is killing it! Grew up with the whole Pascarella fam back in the day, he and my older brother had some big battles on minis...
Joey is killing it! Grew up with the whole Pascarella fam back in the day, he and my older brother had some big battles on minis. Anyone remember when Mikes dad and George Matson got in a fight out at Huron? Good times! (sorta lol)
I do remember the Matson/Pascarella brawl! Funny I can't remember what I had for dinner last night but I remember a TON about the mini racing days. I remember Huron having a really cool starting gate that could mechanically raise back up. That was the first concrete starting pad I ever remember using. What I don't remember is whether or not is was a Trans Cal or Golden State race ... I also remember holeshotting my second moto and leading about a lap before Mike Healy, all the Team Green guys and R&D guys went blasting past! I ended up in the midpack which is about where usually ended up.
scooter5002
10/11/2011 4:56pm
ohhhhh ok I'll email you or call ????

S
Just e-mail if you have the time. I'm clear across the continent. I'm home 'til mid-day tomorrow, goin for a RIP on my 250 before I go to work. Couple quick motos. "I love the smell of pre-mix in the morning. Smells like.........moto."
ocscottie
10/11/2011 4:57pm
Sondra, i have got to get my older brother to bring his photo albums up here next time he comes, he has entire albums dedicated to each Golden State Series, my mom was the raddest MotoMoms! and one helluva photog!

This shot or Ricky Ryan and Sand Hill in 81 is one of my favs.

Ricky treated me so good at the races back then, took me everywhere with him. I really loved that guy! Later on it got a little ugly, ill have to tell ya the story that happened of the fight we got in and he knocked me out of my chair.
Sondy132001
10/11/2011 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2011 5:03pm
ocscottie wrote:
Sondra, i have got to get my older brother to bring his photo albums up here next time he comes, he has entire albums dedicated to...
Sondra, i have got to get my older brother to bring his photo albums up here next time he comes, he has entire albums dedicated to each Golden State Series, my mom was the raddest MotoMoms! and one helluva photog!

This shot or Ricky Ryan and Sand Hill in 81 is one of my favs.

Ricky treated me so good at the races back then, took me everywhere with him. I really loved that guy! Later on it got a little ugly, ill have to tell ya the story that happened of the fight we got in and he knocked me out of my chair.
John Matalamaki emailed me today, speaking of Rick Ryan !~

S
ecavaliere
Fantasy
858th
10/11/2011 5:02pm
RandyS wrote:
Casey and Jason Johnson, Crumb, Buck Ford and Dave Wood all from my hometown of Vacaville. A great place to be [u]from[/u]. You'll notice the word...
Casey and Jason Johnson, Crumb, Buck Ford and Dave Wood all from my hometown of Vacaville. A great place to be from. You'll notice the word "from" is underlined.
ecavaliere wrote:
I'm "from" Vacaville as well - my dad owned a Yamaha dealership there, VacaValley Yamaha, for a short time. I'm really enjoying this thread! Fun to...
I'm "from" Vacaville as well - my dad owned a Yamaha dealership there, VacaValley Yamaha, for a short time. I'm really enjoying this thread! Fun to hear all the old names, I grew racing moto with most if not all the names mentioned here. I will remind you that Mike Pascarella was also from Vacaville, he lived right up the street from me. His son, Joey, is the real deal as a road racer, and I believe they are still living in "V-town".
RandyS wrote:
I totally forgot about Pascarellas, I used to go to the BMX races with them. Mike and Robbie both live in VV again I think. I...
I totally forgot about Pascarellas, I used to go to the BMX races with them. Mike and Robbie both live in VV again I think. I believe one of them has their grandparents house on Midway now. Did you live by the house on Cantelow or in town? I lived in VV 1970-85, my last relative moved away 5 years ago. I remember your dads shop but that was after I was gone
I lived about a mile down the road on the opposite side of Cantelow - 5 acre lot. My dad had the shop from '82 to '84, rough time to open a business. My dad worked for Yamaha Corp. for 20 years prior to that. Pascarellas were just getting serious about moto about the time we were exiting. I remember their garage being FULL of Italjet minis, YZ 60's and then KX80's. The other place we used to practice was a place called the "Sewer Ponds" near Markham Elementary School - sand whoops for miles!

Post a reply to: Northern California has left the building.....

The Latest