Northern California has left the building.....

ocscottie
10/11/2011 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2011 2:57pm
ecavaliere wrote:
I'm "from" Vacaville as well - my dad owned a Yamaha dealership there, VacaValley Yamaha, for a short time. I'm really enjoying this thread! Fun to...
I'm "from" Vacaville as well - my dad owned a Yamaha dealership there, VacaValley Yamaha, for a short time. I'm really enjoying this thread! Fun to hear all the old names, I grew racing moto with most if not all the names mentioned here. I will remind you that Mike Pascarella was also from Vacaville, he lived right up the street from me. His son, Joey, is the real deal as a road racer, and I believe they are still living in "V-town".
Joey is killing it! Grew up with the whole Pascarella fam back in the day, he and my older brother had some big battles on minis. Anyone remember when Mikes dad and George Matson got in a fight out at Huron? Good times! (sorta lol)
Lefty Right
10/11/2011 2:58pm
slipdog wrote:
Funny you say that, Tyson and I were just talking about that last week.....
Clutchy wrote:
2 questions, who are you and how is Tyson doing.
Brian Roth Whistling
TeamGreen
10/11/2011 2:59pm
ecavaliere wrote:
I'm "from" Vacaville as well - my dad owned a Yamaha dealership there, VacaValley Yamaha, for a short time. I'm really enjoying this thread! Fun to...
I'm "from" Vacaville as well - my dad owned a Yamaha dealership there, VacaValley Yamaha, for a short time. I'm really enjoying this thread! Fun to hear all the old names, I grew racing moto with most if not all the names mentioned here. I will remind you that Mike Pascarella was also from Vacaville, he lived right up the street from me. His son, Joey, is the real deal as a road racer, and I believe they are still living in "V-town".
ocscottie wrote:
Joey is killing it! Grew up with the whole Pascarella fam back in the day, he and my older brother had some big battles on minis...
Joey is killing it! Grew up with the whole Pascarella fam back in the day, he and my older brother had some big battles on minis. Anyone remember when Mikes dad and George Matson got in a fight out at Huron? Good times! (sorta lol)
George Matson, really?

Did u really just drop the "M" word?

Damn.
Slow
10/11/2011 3:00pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2011 3:01pm
Laughridge,Nye. I lot of guys just ran out of $$$$

The Shop

RandyS
10/11/2011 3:07pm
Maybe on minis ?? I know Casey Johnson was V'ville, but Crumby lived in B'Field with Josh Chisum (from Monterey area), another favorite rider of mine...
Maybe on minis ?? I know Casey Johnson was V'ville, but Crumby lived in B'Field with Josh Chisum (from Monterey area), another favorite rider of mine from Nor Cal...him and Jeff Pestana !!

S
RandyS wrote:
Casey and Jason Johnson, Crumb, Buck Ford and Dave Wood all from my hometown of Vacaville. A great place to be [u]from[/u]. You'll notice the word...
Casey and Jason Johnson, Crumb, Buck Ford and Dave Wood all from my hometown of Vacaville. A great place to be from. You'll notice the word "from" is underlined.
ecavaliere wrote:
I totally forgot about Pascarellas, I used to go to the BMX races with them. Mike and Robbie both live in VV again I think. I believe one of them has their grandparents house on Midway now. Did you live by the house on Cantelow or in town? I lived in VV 1970-85, my last relative moved away 5 years ago. I remember your dads shop but that was after I was gone
ocscottie
10/11/2011 3:12pm
ecavaliere wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Joey is killing it! Grew up with the whole Pascarella fam back in the day, he and my older brother had some big battles on minis...
TeamGreen wrote:
George Matson, really?

Damn.
I still talk (email) back and forth with Deano on occasion, he is back using his real name (Varni) Dean and i go way back to when we were just kids, those were good times!

How about Robbie Hammernack? do you remember him? Woohoo
Sondy132001
10/11/2011 3:21pm
ocscottie wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
George Matson, really?

Damn.
ocscottie wrote:
I still talk (email) back and forth with Deano on occasion, he is back using his real name (Varni) Dean and i go way back to...
I still talk (email) back and forth with Deano on occasion, he is back using his real name (Varni) Dean and i go way back to when we were just kids, those were good times!

I forgot about Pascarellas too ! I talk to Dean couple times a year, he's living in Vegas and has his own clothing company !

S
ocscottie
10/11/2011 3:24pm
Manny, you gotta remember this one, when Mike Holmes crashed at Baylands and took Sean McConns footpeg to his forehead, that was nasty! put him in coma IIRC. Mike actually contacted me through here awhile back!

and Jim Ricci at Dirt Works.

We had a cool little scene in the Bay Area. Late 70-early 80's we opened Santa Clara PAL for Wed. practices, if you rode there on Wednesdays, my mom or i signed you in Cool
RexBackman
10/11/2011 3:27pm
Pat Richter = Fortuna

Charles Halcomb = Santa Cruz

Hey...let me see here from D-36: Kevin Henry, Arnold Plant, Charlie Marshall, Eddie Brown, MIke Marquez (spelling?), Jon Woo (who died way to soon racing road bikes), Ken Sisler and his CZs, Delno Becker and his CZs, David Wood from Fairfield/Vacaville (?)

Too long ago...
ocscottie
10/11/2011 3:34pm
All this reminiscing is about to bring a tear to my eye...best times of my life.

Tony Flores dad taught me to split cases on my 81 YZ80, i was only 11 or 12yrs old.

The Menjarahus (sp?) family, Mike was deaf and his older brother also raced, them and the Flores family are the true meaning to the phrase, "you meet the best people at the track"
machine
10/11/2011 3:39pm
ocscottie wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
George Matson, really?

Damn.
ocscottie wrote:
I still talk (email) back and forth with Deano on occasion, he is back using his real name (Varni) Dean and i go way back to...

How bout Jeff Pestana and a good friend of mine from way back Allen Silhanek.
machine
10/11/2011 3:41pm
ocscottie wrote:
Manny, you gotta remember this one, when Mike Holmes crashed at Baylands and took Sean McConns footpeg to his forehead, that was nasty! put him in...
Manny, you gotta remember this one, when Mike Holmes crashed at Baylands and took Sean McConns footpeg to his forehead, that was nasty! put him in coma IIRC. Mike actually contacted me through here awhile back!

and Jim Ricci at Dirt Works.

We had a cool little scene in the Bay Area. Late 70-early 80's we opened Santa Clara PAL for Wed. practices, if you rode there on Wednesdays, my mom or i signed you in Cool
No shit dude, I rode there until they turned it into asphalt. That was a fun track, damn.......memories wow.
ocscottie
10/11/2011 3:50pm
machine wrote:
Dude, the Silhaneks are practically family!! His pop Big Al, i loved that dude!

Just a few weeks before i got hurt, Jeff and i were riding out at Hollister and a guy was filming us hitting this table jumping side by side. The guy offered me a copy of the tape and i blew it off like, why would i want that? I would kick myself right now if i could!
Sondy132001
10/11/2011 3:57pm
machine wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Dude, the Silhaneks are practically family!! His pop Big Al, i loved that dude! Just a few weeks before i got hurt, Jeff and i were...

Just a few weeks before i got hurt, Jeff and i were riding out at Hollister and a guy was filming us hitting this table jumping side by side. The guy offered me a copy of the tape and i blew it off like, why would i want that? I would kick myself right now if i could!
hey we forgot our boy Chris Neal hello Wink !!

S
prozach
10/11/2011 4:01pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
Are you kidding me. How about the current SX/MX/MXDN Champion born in a Northern California town called Fortuna. Same town his mom and his uncle were...
Are you kidding me. How about the current SX/MX/MXDN Champion born in a Northern California town called Fortuna. Same
town his mom and his uncle were born. Also, same town previous mentioned Pat Richter was from, just a few hours from oscottie on the coast. Northern California owns the building. Go RV1Woohoo
Yep, was thinking the same thing, I was born in the same hospital! Think he moved before he ever got on a motorcycle though.

But really Nor-Cal still has lots of fast people it is just that most of them seem to be in that barely qualify and run 20th-40th at a national speed.

Last year Cory Pennington did pretty good in the nationals and this year Preston Mull seems to have done the best of the newer kids coming up.

But really Lance Burgess was the man RIP!
ocscottie
10/11/2011 4:02pm

S
ya, he and i go back a couple years Cool

the closest thing i have to a brother that didnt come out of my mother
machine
10/11/2011 4:03pm
machine wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Dude, the Silhaneks are practically family!! His pop Big Al, i loved that dude! Just a few weeks before i got hurt, Jeff and i were...

S
Kid had loads of talent, too bad he got off track. Does Ron still run the store?
Sondy132001
10/11/2011 4:03pm
Michael Brandes dude still kills it
He won the sea otter this year !! Bicycles are his friend now ha Wink

S
Sondy132001
10/11/2011 4:05pm
ocscottie wrote:

S
machine wrote:
Kid had loads of talent, too bad he got off track. Does Ron still run the store?
Scottie would know better but I am proud to say that Chris' life is in order and he's in a good place in his life now !!

S
prozach
10/11/2011 4:07pm
Oh and Nor-Cal isn't the Bay Area!!! At least not to people who live north of there! We used to always say we were going to Central California when went racing in the Sacramento area.

PHILLIPSVILLE!!!!
machine
10/11/2011 4:07pm
machine wrote:
ocscottie wrote:

What table top, the GP track?

Yeah, Allan and I used to go ride the river beds in Gilroy and ride Hollister HIlls. Big Al was way cool. i kind of lost touch with Allan, last I saw him, he was wrenching at the Yamaha shop in gilroy as the service manager.
machine
10/11/2011 4:08pm

S
machine wrote:
Scottie would know better but I am proud to say that Chris' life is in order and he's in a good place in his life now...
Scottie would know better but I am proud to say that Chris' life is in order and he's in a good place in his life now !!

S
glad to hear it.
ocscottie
10/11/2011 4:08pm
machine wrote:
Grizz (Ron) moved to Germany! Ron and Chris lived with my family for years. Those were THE best times of my life...period, and Chris will say the same.

Later on in life we again lived together when he came back from Argentina after breaking his neck, his G/f and my g/f were best friends and we all had a house together in Campbell.

This is what he and i learned to ride:

ocscottie
10/11/2011 4:10pm
machine wrote:
What table top, the GP track? Yeah, Allan and I used to go ride the river beds in Gilroy and ride Hollister HIlls. Big Al was...

Yeah, Allan and I used to go ride the river beds in Gilroy and ride Hollister HIlls. Big Al was way cool. i kind of lost touch with Allan, last I saw him, he was wrenching at the Yamaha shop in gilroy as the service manager.
This was at HH OHV, not at the GP track.

you have seen the vid of me jumping my Pilot at the HH GP track right? Woohoo
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
10/11/2011 4:10pm
prozach wrote:
Oh and Nor-Cal isn't the Bay Area!!! At least not to people who live north of there! We used to always say we were going to...
Oh and Nor-Cal isn't the Bay Area!!! At least not to people who live north of there! We used to always say we were going to Central California when went racing in the Sacramento area.

PHILLIPSVILLE!!!!
Understood brother, but Norcal was anything not Socal in our books then, lol, which pretty much put it at the grapevine.
machine
10/11/2011 4:15pm
machine wrote:
What table top, the GP track? Yeah, Allan and I used to go ride the river beds in Gilroy and ride Hollister HIlls. Big Al was...

ocscottie wrote:
This was at HH OHV, not at the GP track. you have seen the vid of me jumping my Pilot at the HH GP track right...
This was at HH OHV, not at the GP track.

you have seen the vid of me jumping my Pilot at the HH GP track right? Woohoo
show me again i forgot. Man I used to love launching off the downhill cliff into that ravine then lauching again out of it. I loved riding the GP track.

Damn Scottie we are old fuggers aren't we?...... Grinning
jplough973
10/11/2011 4:16pm
prozach wrote:
Oh and Nor-Cal isn't the Bay Area!!! At least not to people who live north of there! We used to always say we were going to...

PHILLIPSVILLE!!!!
Sacramento's the heart of Northern California. I live in Central California right now (San Luis Obispo).....at least that's how I always described it

Post a reply to: Northern California has left the building.....

The Latest