North Carolina sand tracks.

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 2/22/2014 8:30am
Can anyone rattle off some sand tracks in nc/sc that can handle the rain that's coming tomorrow so I can ride Monday. Thanks
|
yzkrazy219
12/28/2013 4:39am
Hog Heaven can take right much rain. Last year I rode there the day after it rained 2 inches. It was a little deep in few spots but completely ridable.
12/28/2013 5:37am
hog heaven and also outback atv park

also check south of the border i think they are open practice this weekend.

they are all pretty close to each other.
hillbilly
12/28/2013 7:02am
Used to be one in aiken sc called hell hole creek that was the best around.

You'd get there in 20 degrees weather,top 2 inches frozen and after practice have the best track ever.

Not sure if it still exists

The Shop

defeatist45
12/28/2013 7:06am
Anonymous wrote:
Can anyone rattle off some sand tracks in nc/sc that can handle the rain that's coming tomorrow so I can ride Monday. Thanks
Let me know when you want to hit one! i need someone to ride with!
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
12/28/2013 8:41am
I ride at sandridge mx in chinquapin nc. Not a nice track but if rough sand is what you want that's what they got. It's not a hard track, the jumps are only as big as you make them, JWTF brings riders to race out there so apparently it enough of a challenge for fast riders. Sandridge is open everyday for riding $15.
JOHN CHOATE
12/28/2013 3:20pm
I'd definitely recommend South of the Border (good people). I still haven't made it to Hog Heaven but plan to asap.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
1/4/2014 10:11am
Cooper Webb's stomping grounds. Supercrossy and sandy:

http://www.crystalcoastmx.com/
Holy shit, worst website i have ever seen. Is the track on a island? Is it run by a boxer dog? What exactly is going on.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
1/4/2014 10:54am

Markee wrote:
Holy shit, worst website i have ever seen. Is the track on a island? Is it run by a boxer dog? What exactly is going on.
That track closed down years ago. Was closed for a long time. Then Jimmy Weinert bought it and turned it into his training facility. It's alot better now
1/4/2014 10:57am

Markee wrote:
That track closed down years ago. Was closed for a long time. Then Jimmy Weinert bought it and turned it into his training facility. It's alot...
That track closed down years ago. Was closed for a long time. Then Jimmy Weinert bought it and turned it into his training facility. It's alot better now
Oops...my bad. I used to ride there and scanned the website. Looked like it was running still.
Weinert owns it now? That's pretty crazy. Fun track.

Anyway, Jacksonville MX Park is good.
bobby397
1/4/2014 11:09am
Markee wrote:
That track closed down years ago. Was closed for a long time. Then Jimmy Weinert bought it and turned it into his training facility. It's alot...
Oops...my bad. I used to ride there and scanned the website. Looked like it was running still. Weinert owns it now? That's pretty crazy. Fun track...
Oops...my bad. I used to ride there and scanned the website. Looked like it was running still.

Is jmp still open?
mark_swart
1/4/2014 12:54pm
bobby397 wrote:
Too bad you never got to ride this place [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/01/04/40996/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Too bad you never got to ride this place
Was that Montrose? That's the first sand track I ever rode... and after growing up on Virginia clay I busted my a$$ in that stuff about a million times. Ugh...
1/4/2014 12:59pm
Oops...my bad. I used to ride there and scanned the website. Looked like it was running still. Weinert owns it now? That's pretty crazy. Fun track...

bobby397 wrote:
Is jmp still open?
Looks like it. Website is updated.
bobby397
1/5/2014 5:37am
bobby397 wrote:
Too bad you never got to ride this place [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/01/04/40996/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Too bad you never got to ride this place
mark_swart wrote:
Was that Montrose? That's the first sand track I ever rode... and after growing up on Virginia clay I busted my a$$ in that stuff about...
Was that Montrose? That's the first sand track I ever rode... and after growing up on Virginia clay I busted my a$$ in that stuff about a million times. Ugh...
Yes sir, covered with pine trees now
dcg141
1/5/2014 5:43am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2014 5:46am
I cut my sand riding teeth at Montrose. Huge natural terrain sand track. Man the braking bumps that place would get. Wasn't there a track in Chesterfield SC called Sand Hills?
bobby397
1/5/2014 5:50am
dcg141 wrote:
I cut my sand riding teeth at Montrose. Huge natural terrain sand track. Man the braking bumps that place would get. Wasn't there a track in...
I cut my sand riding teeth at Montrose. Huge natural terrain sand track. Man the braking bumps that place would get. Wasn't there a track in Chesterfield SC called Sand Hills?
Yes, sand hills got rough also.
Camp332
2/21/2014 6:10pm
Heading to Pittsboro on Thursday. I'm looking to moto Friday and Saturday at Devil's Ridge, and Zoo City next week. Are those tracks good? I've been to NCMP before, and wanted to check out some other tracks near my dad's house. Anybody want to link up and ride with a Moto-Bro next week?
njracer46
2/21/2014 6:24pm
Camp332 wrote:
Heading to Pittsboro on Thursday. I'm looking to moto Friday and Saturday at Devil's Ridge, and Zoo City next week. Are those tracks good? I've been...
Heading to Pittsboro on Thursday. I'm looking to moto Friday and Saturday at Devil's Ridge, and Zoo City next week. Are those tracks good? I've been to NCMP before, and wanted to check out some other tracks near my dad's house. Anybody want to link up and ride with a Moto-Bro next week?
I heard zo city was good but coming back hit either countyline mx, wide open mx and hog heaven. I highly suggest hog, 5 mins off of 95 and Richard is an awesome guy.
Camp332
2/21/2014 6:33pm
Camp332 wrote:
Heading to Pittsboro on Thursday. I'm looking to moto Friday and Saturday at Devil's Ridge, and Zoo City next week. Are those tracks good? I've been...
njracer46 wrote:
I heard zo city was good but coming back hit either countyline mx, wide open mx and hog heaven. I highly suggest hog, 5 mins off...
I heard zo city was good but coming back hit either countyline mx, wide open mx and hog heaven. I highly suggest hog, 5 mins off of 95 and Richard is an awesome guy.
Hog is on the bucket list. Place looks sweet!

Thanks man!
jmx411
2/21/2014 8:33pm
hillbilly wrote:
Used to be one in aiken sc called hell hole creek that was the best around. You'd get there in 20 degrees weather,top 2 inches frozen...
Used to be one in aiken sc called hell hole creek that was the best around.

You'd get there in 20 degrees weather,top 2 inches frozen and after practice have the best track ever.

Not sure if it still exists
Hell Hole closed down a long time ago. About 5 minutes from my house. They tried to open it up in 2000-2002 for practice and people from all over Carolinas came to practice but the original owner of the track got mad at the guys leasing the track. The track is now a pond with an old press box on the edge of the water with an old Honda sign. Depressing to see.
mtl
2/21/2014 9:14pm
ClubMX has a sand track that is better than southwick and any other sand track Ive ever ridden, and ive ridden some good ones...
Woobia 22
2/22/2014 3:20am
Sorry off topic but does anyone know if it snows, tornadoes etc in Durham.

What would Late Feb to May be like there please.

I saw that Arenacross was in Raleigh and Airport as well, Charlotte looks the closest major city? Like having a Foozball team B Ball etc.

I have Googled accommodation etc and weather but seems like a cold place, Do all Hotel rooms advertise $X then in small print say please add $58 per night in taxes.

Any first hand knowledge would really be appreciated, nothing definite but trying to get in on Trial but only about 10% chance as yet.
mxracer32
2/22/2014 7:07am
Camp332 wrote:
Camp you're in nc? What part?
ktm212
2/22/2014 7:42am
wide open and hog heaven hold water pretty well. NCMP is pure clay as well as Zoo City. SOB doesn't hold water too well and JWTF is pretty far off the beaten path but holds water fairly well and jammer always makes something available to ride.
Camp332
2/22/2014 7:50am
Camp332 wrote:
mxracer32 wrote:
Camp you're in nc? What part?
Im in NJ. My parents got out of NJ and live in Pittsboro, NC.

Thanks KTM212
njracer46
2/22/2014 8:30am
If I were you I would do hog fri and either wide open or countyline sat. Both of those you will be going back where you came from sorta but you're only down their for the time being so hit the closest and best tracks you can! Club is only open wed. unless they changed it.

Hog use to be alotttt sandier, like deep beach sand. But he started hauling in clay over the years and it's def more of a mix now. I liked it the best how it was in these photo's from 2 years ago. He put in the whole new back section with some big booters. Track is still awesome, I just liked it really sandy.

Post a reply to: North Carolina sand tracks.

The Latest