Nobody thinks it's odd (JS)...

soren346
Edited Date/Time 2/6/2015 1:55pm
That five Supercross's in EVERYONE is pretty quiet on the James Stewart front... Fans, Media, Everyone. I think it hit everyone so hard that it's being blocked out. Cause that's what I had to do... Same thing we do when someone retires..... And I really think J.S is coming back. And I can't wait.
|
RY4N37
2/6/2015 1:01am
I think it's just that people have seen that the racing is still really good without him. Of course it would be great to have him there, but everyone (or nearly everyone) has still decided to go and support the sport regardless. Screaming and shouting won't achieve anything at this point. May as well just enjoy the racing
Crush
2/6/2015 1:38am
James usually goes quiet when he's not riding, so not much different to any of the injury time outs he's had over the last few years... Will be interesting to see how he comes back if he does. He'll be 29? Could be great, fuel for the fire, could be too much mental stress to get back. Interested to see which it is.
zehn
2/6/2015 2:08am
Crush wrote:
James usually goes quiet when he's not riding, so not much different to any of the injury time outs he's had over the last few years...
James usually goes quiet when he's not riding, so not much different to any of the injury time outs he's had over the last few years... Will be interesting to see how he comes back if he does. He'll be 29? Could be great, fuel for the fire, could be too much mental stress to get back. Interested to see which it is.
He's consistently said he will be coming back, and even for longer than he originally planned to.

The Shop

FullThrottle
2/6/2015 3:09am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2015 3:10am
Haven't heard ralph or emig say anything about it during any broadcast. Guessing they're not supposed to comment?
jamma10
2/6/2015 3:25am
He's been signing autographs at most, if not all the rounds so far hasn't he? Im sure they've shown clips of him signing autographs on the TV broadcast too.

Other than that what else is there to comment on? Is it wise to keep making a fuss about him?
2/6/2015 3:25am
Crush wrote:
James usually goes quiet when he's not riding, so not much different to any of the injury time outs he's had over the last few years...
zehn wrote:
He's consistently said he will be coming back, and even for longer than he originally planned to.
yup, he keeps up with people via twitter and ig

here's to him getting back and staying longer - revitalised
2/6/2015 4:02am
soren346 wrote:
That five Supercross's in EVERYONE is pretty quiet on the James Stewart front... Fans, Media, Everyone. I think it hit everyone so hard that it's being...
That five Supercross's in EVERYONE is pretty quiet on the James Stewart front... Fans, Media, Everyone. I think it hit everyone so hard that it's being blocked out. Cause that's what I had to do... Same thing we do when someone retires..... And I really think J.S is coming back. And I can't wait.
Nobody remembers the guy that isn't lined up to the gate during race season. But come May 10th let the JS THREADS BE REBORN.
reded
2/6/2015 4:51am
I don't miss him or the controversy that constantly surrounds him. I also don't miss RV, it's good to see different winners each week.
Spartacus
2/6/2015 4:54am
"....I think it hit everyone so hard that it's being blocked out...."

Clearly
ChrisB10
2/6/2015 5:06am
There's nothing else to say. He got suspended. People are moving on ....
IWreckALot
2/6/2015 5:18am
If I were JS, I'd be going to local Suzuki dealers in all the towns that the SX is in the weekend of the SX to sign autographs and hang out with the fans rather than go to the races. Just to protest the penalty and draw fans and money away from the SX's and get fans buying some Seven and Suzuki gear.
Spydee
2/6/2015 5:22am
Was it even mentioned at A1? I can't remember, but I'd expect Ralph or Jeff to bring it up just to make viewers aware that James won't be competing this season. Other than that there's no point dwelling on it because what's done is done, and it's out of james' hands. Reminding us every week would just exacerbate things... and we don't need the negativity.
jndmx
2/6/2015 5:38am
Spartacus wrote:
"....I think it hit everyone so hard that it's being blocked out...."

Clearly
Yeah.....PTSD for sure.
Crush
2/6/2015 5:48am
Spydee wrote:
Was it even mentioned at A1? I can't remember, but I'd expect Ralph or Jeff to bring it up just to make viewers aware that James...
Was it even mentioned at A1? I can't remember, but I'd expect Ralph or Jeff to bring it up just to make viewers aware that James won't be competing this season. Other than that there's no point dwelling on it because what's done is done, and it's out of james' hands. Reminding us every week would just exacerbate things... and we don't need the negativity.
It was briefly in a rundown of the field overview. but nothing more than James Stewart failed a drug test after Seattle last year... Kind of conveyed the sense they didn't want to publish it widely... And they ignored his funny tweet about saturday night routine, which you know for sure the producers would have seen...
Sandberm
2/6/2015 5:52am
I dont think its odd at all that we dont talk about James.

As a fan base we would have to be much more emotionally invested in the riders to really care or do anything about James injustice. As it is we just want to be entertained and there are plenty of entertaining riders still out there.
Olson
2/6/2015 6:05am
What's there to talk about? His two riding pics on IG since October?
DoctorJD
2/6/2015 6:13am
Yea, I'm clearly traumatized and I've been repressing memories of James. Damn, why did you have to bring it up? Now I have to go back to my therapist.
Spydee
2/6/2015 6:18am
Spydee wrote:
Was it even mentioned at A1? I can't remember, but I'd expect Ralph or Jeff to bring it up just to make viewers aware that James...
Crush wrote:
It was briefly in a rundown of the field overview. but nothing more than James Stewart failed a drug test after Seattle last year... Kind of...
It was briefly in a rundown of the field overview. but nothing more than James Stewart failed a drug test after Seattle last year... Kind of conveyed the sense they didn't want to publish it widely... And they ignored his funny tweet about saturday night routine, which you know for sure the producers would have seen...
Oh yeah I remember hearing Malcolm mention that on DMXS the other week and saw it on JS' IG and had to laugh. You're right too, you know the producers at Fox saw that tweet and were like "nope!".
wfo4ever
2/6/2015 6:31am
It is just not the same without "Crazy Balls".
Xracerdone
2/6/2015 6:43am
Let us hope James does not get married & have a kid so he doesn't loose his mojo
kongols
2/6/2015 6:48am
Spydee wrote:
Crush wrote:
It was briefly in a rundown of the field overview. but nothing more than James Stewart failed a drug test after Seattle last year... Kind of...
They did show it on live TV.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
2/6/2015 6:51am
I brought this up with someone (yes I'm playing the I'm not saying who card) who has talked to him and has talked to the FIM about his situation. At this point, it sounds like the goal is to get him okayed to race Outdoors. As of right now, his penalty includes the suspension of his pro license, which makes him ineligible for Outdoors.
Spartacus
2/6/2015 6:55am
DoctorJD wrote:
Yea, I'm clearly traumatized and I've been repressing memories of James. Damn, why did you have to bring it up? Now I have to go back...
Yea, I'm clearly traumatized and I've been repressing memories of James. Damn, why did you have to bring it up? Now I have to go back to my therapist.
It'll be alright, just remember to take your Venlafaxine.
davistld01
2/6/2015 7:03am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2015 7:04am
Maybe he's gotten tired of all the bullshit that has been a part of media and online dialogue about his situation from day one. Nobody knows the truth but him...and he'd obviously still rather take the bullet than to point a finger, if there is one to be pointed for responsibility. The deal is done. By James being silent, there is nothing to misinterpret or misunderstand. I imagine too, that Ralph & Fro have been instructed to leave it alone by Feld.
Olson
2/6/2015 7:14am
ML512 wrote:
I brought this up with someone (yes I'm playing the I'm not saying who card) who has talked to him and has talked to the FIM...
I brought this up with someone (yes I'm playing the I'm not saying who card) who has talked to him and has talked to the FIM about his situation. At this point, it sounds like the goal is to get him okayed to race Outdoors. As of right now, his penalty includes the suspension of his pro license, which makes him ineligible for Outdoors.
It would be great if that happened. What I struggle to understand is why the very few pictures of him riding recently has been on a supercross track. That ship has already sailed (for this season). I guess there's a lot more going on that we don't see. But the most logic thing would be if he started to test for outdoors now, not sx. And I see what you did there with "as of right now".
ML512
Fantasy
54th
2/6/2015 7:19am
Olson wrote:
It would be great if that happened. What I struggle to understand is why the very few pictures of him riding recently has been on a...
It would be great if that happened. What I struggle to understand is why the very few pictures of him riding recently has been on a supercross track. That ship has already sailed (for this season). I guess there's a lot more going on that we don't see. But the most logic thing would be if he started to test for outdoors now, not sx. And I see what you did there with "as of right now".
I think he's supposed to start Outdoor testing in the next few weeks.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
2/6/2015 7:23am
This sport doesn't deserve his talent. Cool
ML512
Fantasy
54th
2/6/2015 7:26am
FLmxer wrote:
This sport doesn't deserve his talent. Cool
In your opinion. Dry
IWreckALot
2/6/2015 7:27am
ML512 wrote:
I brought this up with someone (yes I'm playing the I'm not saying who card) who has talked to him and has talked to the FIM...
Olson wrote:
It would be great if that happened. What I struggle to understand is why the very few pictures of him riding recently has been on a...
Maybe he's doing R&D riding?

Post a reply to: Nobody thinks it's odd (JS)...

The Latest