No Yoshimura Suzuki behind the scenes this week?

rcm406
Edited Date/Time 7/24/2014 8:22pm
Seems like James and his team are not on the same page. This was the only PR I could find about Millville.

From Seven MX:

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing's James Stewart has suffered a considerable amount of bad luck in the last few races and, unfortunately, he experienced more of the same at round eight of the 2014 AMA Pro Motocross Championships in Millville, MN, on Saturday. This was particularly unfortunate since Stewart had been looking forward to the Spring Creek National, having picked up the overall victory there last year.

At first, things were going well and the opening moto saw Stewart get a good start on his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450. Then, while running fourth on the first lap, Stewart suffered a get-off but remounted to finish seventh. In the second moto, Stewart lined up on the gate and got another good start but wasn’t feeling 100 percent. Because of a gate malfunction, the race was red flagged early and the riders lined up again. At this point, Stewart said he felt disoriented and dizzy, and retired for the day.

“Obviously, we’re disappointed,” said Yoshimura Suzuki Team Manager Mike Webb. “But more than that, we’re concerned about James. We’re not really sure what’s going on or whether he’s suffered health issues that we were all unaware of at the previous rounds. One thing is for certain, it's been a tough few weeks for James and that's taken a toll on him and the team. Right now, we’re going to get James checked out by a physician and play the next few days by ear. His health is our number-one priority.”

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s next race is round nine of the 2014 AMA Pro Motocross Championships on Saturday, July 26th, at the Washougal National in Washougal, WA.
|
hvaughn88
7/23/2014 12:03pm
rcm406 wrote:
Seems like James and his team are not on the same page. This was the only PR I could find about Millville. From Seven MX: Yoshimura...
Seems like James and his team are not on the same page. This was the only PR I could find about Millville.

From Seven MX:

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing's James Stewart has suffered a considerable amount of bad luck in the last few races and, unfortunately, he experienced more of the same at round eight of the 2014 AMA Pro Motocross Championships in Millville, MN, on Saturday. This was particularly unfortunate since Stewart had been looking forward to the Spring Creek National, having picked up the overall victory there last year.

At first, things were going well and the opening moto saw Stewart get a good start on his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450. Then, while running fourth on the first lap, Stewart suffered a get-off but remounted to finish seventh. In the second moto, Stewart lined up on the gate and got another good start but wasn’t feeling 100 percent. Because of a gate malfunction, the race was red flagged early and the riders lined up again. At this point, Stewart said he felt disoriented and dizzy, and retired for the day.

“Obviously, we’re disappointed,” said Yoshimura Suzuki Team Manager Mike Webb. “But more than that, we’re concerned about James. We’re not really sure what’s going on or whether he’s suffered health issues that we were all unaware of at the previous rounds. One thing is for certain, it's been a tough few weeks for James and that's taken a toll on him and the team. Right now, we’re going to get James checked out by a physician and play the next few days by ear. His health is our number-one priority.”

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s next race is round nine of the 2014 AMA Pro Motocross Championships on Saturday, July 26th, at the Washougal National in Washougal, WA.
so was there no crash on the second start or did I miss something?
Brent
7/23/2014 12:04pm
Well, I hope they find out what is ailing James and get him back on the track.

But if I ran Team Yosh Suzuki, Id be thinking two things today -

(1) What to do with the rig? Send it to Washougal, or back to Corona?? Problem is that the team all begins and ends with James' health, which they may not have a handle on yet, which brings me to (2), IF they had a 250 rider they would still be able to take the rig to Washington and support him.

When the rig is off the road and away from the races, all the product sponsors who paid Yosh/Suzuki get nothing for their money.

One rider teams are a losing proposition IMO.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
7/23/2014 12:35pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
I think the consensus is he either crashed or did not crash.
TommyZ
7/23/2014 12:52pm
GrapeApe wrote:
I agree, this has to be what happened.

The Shop

SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
7/23/2014 1:23pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
yes
hvaughn88
7/23/2014 5:38pm
I don't think he lined up at the restart.
Haha you're right! I should have said the first start, second moto
Sandberm
7/23/2014 5:47pm
Gro Pro did release footage from James' helmet cam from the second moto first start. Pretty clear why he was dizzy.

James GoPro
davistld01
7/24/2014 4:50am
Sandberm wrote:
Gro Pro did release footage from James' helmet cam from the second moto first start. Pretty clear why he was dizzy.

James GoPro
PinchLaughing
7/24/2014 5:57am
"We’re not really sure what’s going on or whether he’s suffered health issues that we were all unaware of at the previous rounds. "

JeepnMike
7/24/2014 8:19am
TripleFive wrote:
[b]"We’re not really sure what’s going on or whether he’s suffered health issues that we were all unaware of at the previous rounds. "[/b] [img]http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/07/burning_bridge_collapses-61305.gif[/img]
"We’re not really sure what’s going on or whether he’s suffered health issues that we were all unaware of at the previous rounds. "

Nice... And from a team manager's perspective, I offer the following:

7/24/2014 8:29am
Suzuki needs to cut ties with bubbles and get ready to do whatever it takes to land tomac when he's available
Sandberm
7/24/2014 8:46am
Would Factory Suzuki go the way of Factory Yamaha and put their resources into RCH and the #1 plate holder in 450 mx Ken Roczen?

If Stewart is banned from sx next year and Suzuki doesnt find this out till its too late to sign someone of quality then why not fold up shop and put 1/3 the money that would have went into Stewart into RCH? Seems like a good budgett cutting move.

Hell, they could even help RCH to b a 3 man team and keep both Tickle and Peick with the money they would save from not having to fund team Stewart
dirtnapper
7/24/2014 8:05pm
GrapeApe wrote:
TommyZ wrote:
I agree, this has to be what happened.
No, no, he might have......aw, no you are right, it's gotta be one or the other........

Tongue
dirthead1
7/24/2014 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2014 8:29pm
WAFJ!

And I got a hard time from the usual nut tuggers on here for saying how unprofessionally things are handled by the Stewart's...

Slurp slurp! Have another gobble of the BFD, Lenny!

Post a reply to: No Yoshimura Suzuki behind the scenes this week?

The Latest