No Stewarts this weekend

Fraser
8/21/2014 4:55am
jeffro503 wrote:
James....??....I'm still not sure....nobody is. Malcolm on the other hand suffered through some dehydration issues and it took a toll on his liver and kidney's! Not...
James....??....I'm still not sure....nobody is.

Malcolm on the other hand suffered through some dehydration issues and it took a toll on his liver and kidney's! Not something to mess around with.

It does seem odd both are out at the same time , but I think they are two totally separate type things going on.
The JSE nurse turned up at Millville for the alleged IV administration and was turned away.

The following 2 weeks both Stewarts failed to put together 2 decent motos. They've not been seen racing since. Malcolm has dehydration issues, maybe as a result of no longer having access to an IV after Millville? Possible
steed 2.0
8/21/2014 5:07am
I couldn't have said it any better

Ping,

What's going on with the Stewart brothers? Both of them are mysteriously "dehydrated" and too ill to race? Is James done for the year? For good?

Bobby

Bobby,

I'm not sure any of us know for sure. The Stewart bros aren't very open with the media, so they throw out a small bit of info in a press release and we are left to decipher the rest. "Malcolm Stewart is out with dehydration issues" is what we hear from him. Apparently he was so badly dehydrated that his kidneys aren't functioning properly. Wait, doesn't he live in Florida where it is incredibly hot and humid? Hasn't the weather at the nationals been extremely mild this year? Unless Malcolm forgot to drink water for a week I don't see how he could have gotten this bad. He has said that he will race in Utah. And James hasn't been able to post a good finish, not even in one moto, since his failed WADA results were made public. I think, and this is just my own crazy theory, that the Stewart family has gone into lockdown mode at their Florida compound until the drama is sorted with James. James isn't racing this weekend, and I don't own a farm, but if I did I would bet it that you won't see him in Utah either. Is James done for good? Hopefully that isn't the case, but if it were simply a matter of him producing a prescription to clear the issue up, it seems like things would have moved along more quickly. I'm not ordering my JS7 2015 SX champ commemorative shirt just yet.

PING
http://racerxonline.com/2014/08/15/ask-ping
Overdrive
8/21/2014 5:26am
" Is James done for good? Hopefully that isn't the case, but if it were simply a matter of him producing a prescription to clear the issue up, it seems like things would have moved along more quickly. " Ping.

There you have it, there is more to this than James having to produce a prescription. James may have been taking more than the the prescribed amount or he didn't have a prescription at all.

Does Malcolm have ADD as well, was he taking this drug? Dehydration is a side effect of adderal and now he has dissappeared?
mxdude105
8/21/2014 5:47am
Ping's comment that the Stewart family is on lockdown mode until James' PED issue is sorted out....I think that's 100% accurate. I don't think either of them are hurt or sick. I disagree with the testing and the penalties and I was in James' corner until now. He really isn't handling any of this like a mult-time champion should.

The Shop

reded
8/21/2014 5:47am
Always seemed something was askew as he hasn't finished an Outdoor Series since 2008.
JA946
8/21/2014 6:40am
steed 2.0 wrote:
I couldn't have said it any better [b]Ping, What's going on with the Stewart brothers? Both of them are mysteriously "dehydrated" and too ill to race...
I couldn't have said it any better

Ping,

What's going on with the Stewart brothers? Both of them are mysteriously "dehydrated" and too ill to race? Is James done for the year? For good?

Bobby

Bobby,

I'm not sure any of us know for sure. The Stewart bros aren't very open with the media, so they throw out a small bit of info in a press release and we are left to decipher the rest. "Malcolm Stewart is out with dehydration issues" is what we hear from him. Apparently he was so badly dehydrated that his kidneys aren't functioning properly. Wait, doesn't he live in Florida where it is incredibly hot and humid? Hasn't the weather at the nationals been extremely mild this year? Unless Malcolm forgot to drink water for a week I don't see how he could have gotten this bad. He has said that he will race in Utah. And James hasn't been able to post a good finish, not even in one moto, since his failed WADA results were made public. I think, and this is just my own crazy theory, that the Stewart family has gone into lockdown mode at their Florida compound until the drama is sorted with James. James isn't racing this weekend, and I don't own a farm, but if I did I would bet it that you won't see him in Utah either. Is James done for good? Hopefully that isn't the case, but if it were simply a matter of him producing a prescription to clear the issue up, it seems like things would have moved along more quickly. I'm not ordering my JS7 2015 SX champ commemorative shirt just yet.

PING
http://racerxonline.com/2014/08/15/ask-ping
Ping can definitely be a jackass that doesn't like to give a straight answer sometimes.

But he nailed it in this statement.
FARANG
8/21/2014 7:23am
Isn't Stewart going to be banned from SX only?

Maybe they're avoiding the nationals until this whole deal is 'out of their system', so to speak...

I have to say I don't really miss the circus that camp has become. If I need that shit I'll read TMZ. Looking forward to some good 'clean' racing this weekend.
8/21/2014 7:35am
FARANG wrote:
Isn't Stewart going to be banned from SX only? Maybe they're avoiding the nationals until this whole deal is 'out of their system', so to speak...

Maybe they're avoiding the nationals until this whole deal is 'out of their system', so to speak...

I have to say I don't really miss the circus that camp has become. If I need that shit I'll read TMZ. Looking forward to some good 'clean' racing this weekend.
So ur sayin' that the Stewarts hang out with the kardashions....
8/21/2014 7:38am
FARANG wrote:
Isn't Stewart going to be banned from SX only? Maybe they're avoiding the nationals until this whole deal is 'out of their system', so to speak...

Stewart is allowed to race MX because right now the suspension is "provisional" but if the suspension goes through, he can't race any pro races that have anything to do with FIM, AMA, USADA, and WADA (USADA is under WADA).

Personally my opinion is that Suzuki suspended him in a last ditch effort to win their appeal. Something like "sorry we didn't put the TUE in, its our fault and we suspend James for the rest of the season, it's in now so we should have no further issues"
8/21/2014 7:45am
I know this:

The Stewart's are so popular they generate more discussion by not racing then 40 other riders generate by riding. You can't buy that......to have so many people interested in what you do. Some people are interesting, some people...not so much.

When James decides to retire, there are a ton of vital posters that will have absolutely nothing to do anymore.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
8/21/2014 7:57am
zook11 wrote:
I'm lost on this situation, what is reason James is out? He's not hurt, so..... Maybe uptite can stop in here and spill a bunch of...
I'm lost on this situation, what is reason James is out? He's not hurt, so.....

Maybe uptite can stop in here and spill a bunch of made up info on this situation. Pinch
Sorry bud, don't know anything about it.

But if you want to get together in Utah this weekend and talk about that shit you spewed about my wife at the other place, I will be more then happy to make thay happen.
rosebud441
8/21/2014 8:00am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2014 8:01am
I know this:

The Stewart's are so popular they generate more discussion by not racing then 40 other riders generate by riding. You can't buy that......to have so many people interested in what you do. Some people are interesting, some people...not so much.

"When James decides to retire, there are a ton of vital posters that will have absolutely nothing to do anymore".

No kidding..
8/21/2014 8:02am
reded wrote:
Always seemed something was askew as he hasn't finished an Outdoor Series since 2008.
When does something that is consistently askew become "skew?"
8/21/2014 8:06am
Mr. Knobby wrote:
I know this: The Stewart's are so popular they generate more discussion by not racing then 40 other riders generate by riding. You can't buy that......to...
I know this:

When James decides to retire, there are a ton of vital posters that will have absolutely nothing to do anymore.
Yep...
Hut
8/21/2014 8:38am
Guess I will just wait and see what happens, I just hope it's nothing horrible. They seem like decent human beings.
jeffro503
8/21/2014 8:42am
Mr. Knobby wrote:
I know this: The Stewart's are so popular they generate more discussion by not racing then 40 other riders generate by riding. You can't buy that......to...
I know this:

Yep...
I think they are both the hot topic right now......because this kind of thing has never happened in our sport before. It wouldn't matter if it would of been RV , RD , Barcia , anyone........if this exact same scenario went down with one of them.....the boards would be lighting up just the same. The bashing would come from a different group of posters , and you would have a totally different group trying to defend their actions.

I don't even know what to say any more. Kind of stunned , jaw dropped , just don't get it. I do know one thing though....I wish them both the best and hope we get to see them race this next season. Just hope things get ironed out before then.
8/21/2014 8:52am
Like the Alessis the Stewarts can't seem to get out of their own way. If it's not one thing it's another with them. They both are insular family camps without a person who is capable of managing their careers / day to day operations. Both Mike and James are great talents who never achieved their potential because they could not separate their professional lives from their family lives.
Brent
8/21/2014 8:54am
Villopoto had the balls to dump his dad as his mentor when it went sideways, too bad the others can't do that...
Hut
8/21/2014 8:57am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2014 9:04am
Like the Alessis the Stewarts can't seem to get out of their own way. If it's not one thing it's another with them. They both are...
Like the Alessis the Stewarts can't seem to get out of their own way. If it's not one thing it's another with them. They both are insular family camps without a person who is capable of managing their careers / day to day operations. Both Mike and James are great talents who never achieved their potential because they could not separate their professional lives from their family lives.
I don't know both families close enough to make this sort of judgment but it seems completely wrong imho. The Stewart family seems to have had it together until recently and no one seems to know what's going on now.
They seem to have done well together, other than agreeing to "Bubba's World". Huh
hvaughn88
8/21/2014 8:57am
Like the Alessis the Stewarts can't seem to get out of their own way. If it's not one thing it's another with them. They both are...
I don't think I would lump the Alessi's and the Stewart's together
8/21/2014 9:54am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I don't think I would lump the Alessi's and the Stewart's together
They have different issues but what is similar is that their main race kid is the breadwinner of the family and has not established an independent professional life. What Stewart and Alessi needed was competent professional people to guide their careers, instead they kept their low skilled moto dads to do it. In the Stewart's case he has added low skilled hangerons to help out. Not exactly a recipe for success.
8/21/2014 10:06am
Hut wrote:
I don't know both families close enough to make this sort of judgment but it seems completely wrong imho. The Stewart family seems to have had...
I don't know both families close enough to make this sort of judgment but it seems completely wrong imho. The Stewart family seems to have had it together until recently and no one seems to know what's going on now.
They seem to have done well together, other than agreeing to "Bubba's World". Huh
They have had it together? Except for the many seasons, races, and DNF's Stewart has missed / had that were not injury or mechanical related, and getting arrested, and having his team manager fired during the middle of the season, and getting dumped by his team's main sponsor. It has been a circus with him since 2010. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the Stewarts are bad people, JS7 was just not well supported / prepared for a high profile racing career.
peelout
8/21/2014 10:28am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2014 10:49am
Brent wrote:
Villopoto had the balls to dump his dad as his mentor when it went sideways, too bad the others can't do that...
yep, and remember after that Villopoto movie came out and told the story and how many dipshits on here started talking shit on RV for "kicking his family to the curb"?

at the end of the day, people are hypocrites
8/21/2014 10:36am
Aye~

Seriously?

fidiot
8/21/2014 10:36am
I don't hate Stewart, but times like these make it hard to be a fan. He needs to put out all the information he can if he wants to keep his fans.
8/21/2014 10:40am
Brent wrote:
peelout wrote:
yep, and remember after that Villopoto movie came out and told the story and how many dipshits on here started talking shit on RV for "kicking...
yep, and remember after that Villopoto movie came out and told the story and how many dipshits on here started talking shit on RV for "kicking his family to the curb"?

at the end of the day, people are hypocrites
Yes sir!!

Your damned if you do/don't

Critics are just a bunch of assholes with nothing better to do than Bitch! Get off the couch and leave the laptop/smartphone at home!

8/21/2014 10:43am
fidiot wrote:
I don't hate Stewart, but times like these make it hard to be a fan. He needs to put out all the information he can if...
I don't hate Stewart, but times like these make it hard to be a fan. He needs to put out all the information he can if he wants to keep his fans.
He has already done that!

He has already said he cannot talk about it, so deal with it! Its simple logic, when something can be said, he will talk about it!

Dont expect him to hold your hand throughout this process!
8/21/2014 10:49am
Let's draw a parallel to bicycle racing:

Hypothetical:
Lance Armstrong is competing in the Tour de France.
Lance tests positive for PEDs. Nobody is told which PED, but fans learn through rumors that its a prescribed medication.
Lance is provisionally suspended, and keeps on racing.
Lance pulls off in the middle of a race, and issues a press release discussing vague issues that are keeping him from racing.
The media are instructed not to ask Lance questions about the issue.
Lance stops racing, and so does his brother.
Lance and his brother are spotted doing hard training rides even though they say they cannot race.

Bicycling fans are left to connect the dots with no real media coverage of the biggest story to hit the sport in a long time.
Bicycling fans fill a message board with speculation...they are scolded at various times for wrong conclusions and speculating in the face of a total lack of real reporting on the topic.
JeepnMike
8/21/2014 10:50am
He has already done that! He has already said he cannot talk about it, so deal with it! Its simple logic, when something can be said...
He has already done that!

He has already said he cannot talk about it, so deal with it! Its simple logic, when something can be said, he will talk about it!

Dont expect him to hold your hand throughout this process!
I can tell by your response, you are one of those people that knows everything!!!!!

Post a reply to: No Stewarts this weekend

The Latest