No Red Bud for Houston

Bob693
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 8:30pm
Well, once again we are getting screwed by local programming. We didn't see any of the CBS SX broadcasts two years ago and now NBC has to decided to air Veggie Tales.

Send them a message here

http://www.click2houston.com/contact/index.html
|
braaap
Fantasy
2193rd
7/3/2009 8:42pm
Unfreakin believable. We've probably got more MX tracks in the Houston area than 99% of the country and these boneheads pull this crap again.

Thanks for the link. I politely told them this was a stupid decision.
andymoto
7/3/2009 8:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:44am
Veggie Tales?

Now got me worried.....better check now.

All good here...prob just a misprint or your provider boo-boo'd...hopefully.
Nikhil
7/3/2009 9:37pm
Yep, Indianapolis is getting veggie tales as well... No live 2nd moto for me. This is unbelievable. It's weird, because we got the last NBC broadcast.
killacams666
7/4/2009 12:18am
Bob693 wrote:
Well, once again we are getting screwed by local programming. We didn't see any of the CBS SX broadcasts two years ago and now NBC has...
Well, once again we are getting screwed by local programming. We didn't see any of the CBS SX broadcasts two years ago and now NBC has to decided to air Veggie Tales.

Send them a message here

http://www.click2houston.com/contact/index.html
Houston sucks sometimes:\

The Shop

bigmaico
7/4/2009 5:04am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:44am
We need to have some write up a petition(sp) & send it out to all the web site & tracks in the Houston.

Then these people might get a clue just how many riders are out here in Houston!

Maybe we can send it to the sponsors & let them know to put pressure on the local stations?
KMC440
7/4/2009 5:50am
My message to your Houston affiliate:

Well first, I hope the airing of the second moto(race) from RedBud in Buchannon Mi, will occur as the feed is from corporate. A LOT of money has been spent this year by national sponsors this season to promote the sport of motocross in a positive way to the masses. Since it is a Saturday evening scheduling, on the 4th of July, I doubt many of your typical Veggie Tale viewers will actually be at their residence during the airing of the race. I'm guessing they'll be with their families watching the FIREWORKS that the local city is providing. That being said, I hope you and your stations sponsors understand that the best way for them have their message be seen by the largest audience possible would be to air the race. I hope this message has made sense to those in control of this station. NBC has a bad history with sporting events (ahhhemmm Heidi) and I for one would like to see that just be a distant memory. One we can learn from.

Thank you for your time,
Kevin
Racer92
7/4/2009 6:29am
KMC440 wrote:
My message to your Houston affiliate: Well first, I hope the airing of the second moto(race) from RedBud in Buchannon Mi, will occur as the feed...
My message to your Houston affiliate:

Well first, I hope the airing of the second moto(race) from RedBud in Buchannon Mi, will occur as the feed is from corporate. A LOT of money has been spent this year by national sponsors this season to promote the sport of motocross in a positive way to the masses. Since it is a Saturday evening scheduling, on the 4th of July, I doubt many of your typical Veggie Tale viewers will actually be at their residence during the airing of the race. I'm guessing they'll be with their families watching the FIREWORKS that the local city is providing. That being said, I hope you and your stations sponsors understand that the best way for them have their message be seen by the largest audience possible would be to air the race. I hope this message has made sense to those in control of this station. NBC has a bad history with sporting events (ahhhemmm Heidi) and I for one would like to see that just be a distant memory. One we can learn from.

Thank you for your time,
Kevin
You sure were nicer than me. I basically told them they are full of shit and I will be watching their competitors from here on in protest.

MS244
7/4/2009 8:21am
My local NBC affiliate (Davenport, IA) is one of the stations that has filed for chapter 11 a few months ago. It is actions like this (in my opinion) that lead to a station with lower ratings, lower return on dollars spent, etc. My station is also choosing to show Veggie Tales instead of the motocross race from Red Bud. At first I thought it was because of my close proximity to the track, (around 4-5 hours) from Buchanan. But after seeing that Houston and Indianapolis is also affected it is obvious that this decision is made by the stations themselves.

My NBC station KWQC will be sold at auction in a few weeks. Let's hope that whoever purchases them has a better business mind and can make better decisions than the ones in charge now. Veggie Tales vs. Motocross?
indy_maico
7/4/2009 8:32am
Nikhil wrote:
Yep, Indianapolis is getting veggie tales as well... No live 2nd moto for me. This is unbelievable. It's weird, because we got the last NBC broadcast.
If you look on channel 13's (indianapolis) website, it shows that they are having the race.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/link.asp?L=54276

For some reason, on the channel guide for directv, they aren't showing it.

I'm not giving up hope yet!

If you have a digital set-top box and an hd antenna, check the alternate channels if you don't see the race on the 'point 1 ' channel, that goes for everyone out there!

Post a reply to: No Red Bud for Houston

The Latest