No Bubba or Reed = Silly Season

Edited Date/Time 1/20/2012 6:00pm
I've been watching the message boards for 10 years now and have never seen the level of rediculousness that is being posted MID-SEASON. I posted a few months back that it was boring without a superstar and of course I got hammered. Maybe I wasn't so far off after all. And yes, I know it's an off week, but this BS has been going on all season. When do we get our STARS back?
|
Outsider
4/2/2010 9:17pm
Someone likes their drama, apparently.
4/2/2010 9:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2010 9:26pm
Yeah, it's not what you meant, but a little drama in the series would be nice. This year is exactly like the year RC played it safe and still won the title. But it's way more boring.

Sorry to interrupt your threads of naked women, bears, hotel fights, and homeless people.
Outsider
4/2/2010 9:46pm
I actually think we've had drama overload dude. Only difference is most of it has been off the track.

The racing on the track has pretty darn good, imo. The two Ryans aren't drama queens, so I guess we don't get that this year... oh well.

The Shop

Masonry
4/2/2010 9:57pm
I think that they both try very hard to not let their drama go public. For example, one of them will throw a fit if a guy he doesn't like wears the same gear as him.
4/2/2010 10:06pm
No drama? So you don't think Poto might win out and Dungey might choke? Those two don't have "star" status with you? Doesn't Canard look like a "star" in the making? Would Reed have won as many AMA titles (both SX and outdoor) if "certain stars" had not been MIA?
It's NOT boring, it's called racing!
Um..."what if...?" lol

Your last comment is condescending, asshole. What's boring is your supercilious attitude, asshole.
Masonry
4/2/2010 10:11pm
No drama? So you don't think Poto might win out and Dungey might choke? Those two don't have "star" status with you? Doesn't Canard look like...
No drama? So you don't think Poto might win out and Dungey might choke? Those two don't have "star" status with you? Doesn't Canard look like a "star" in the making? Would Reed have won as many AMA titles (both SX and outdoor) if "certain stars" had not been MIA?
Um..."what if...?" lol

Your last comment is condescending, asshole. What's boring is your supercilious attitude, asshole.
Reed is always in it. The current cast is in it because Reed and Stewart aren't there.
4/2/2010 10:25pm
No drama? So you don't think Poto might win out and Dungey might choke? Those two don't have "star" status with you? Doesn't Canard look like...
Um..."what if...?" lol

You might want to lay off the booze a bit, and you won't take every post so personal. My point was that all the talk on the forums this year was not centered around the title chase but on minor tangental rediculousness. But I guess you didn't get that. (sigh)
Racer111
4/2/2010 10:51pm
Um..."what if...?" lol

You might want to lay off the booze a bit, and you won't take every post so personal. My point was that all the talk on...
You might want to lay off the booze a bit, and you won't take every post so personal. My point was that all the talk on the forums this year was not centered around the title chase but on minor tangental rediculousness. But I guess you didn't get that. (sigh)
Dirtworld I know what you mean. We have the Supercross season going on, but with Reed and Stewart missing, it's kind of like watching The Masters without Tiger Woods or the NBA after Jordan retired. RV and Dungey are fighting over a Championship when they should really be fighting over who is going to round out the last spot on the podium.
4/2/2010 11:13pm
Um..."what if...?" lol

You might want to lay off the booze a bit, and you won't take every post so personal. My point was that all the talk on...
It's ridiculousness and tangential, smart guy....
I got it....Whistling
Personal? No hard feelings--sorry you took it that way--it's all good...I only took exception with your last comment--which was condescending and indicative of a supercilious attitude
I, personally, think Reed and Stewart just might be on the downside of their careers (Reed more than Stewart) and we just might be witnessing a "changing of the guard," that's all. To slight the whole season because a couple of the "possible" front-runners are MIA is mistaken IMO. I believe Poto and Dungey (and Canard? and Grant? and Pourcel? and Barcia? and Stroup?) might have something for JS and CR pretty soon, if not now...
Carry on....

4/2/2010 11:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2010 11:21pm
Um..."what if...?" lol

Racer111 wrote:
Dirtworld I know what you mean. We have the Supercross season going on, but with Reed and Stewart missing, it's kind of like watching The Masters...
Dirtworld I know what you mean. We have the Supercross season going on, but with Reed and Stewart missing, it's kind of like watching The Masters without Tiger Woods or the NBA after Jordan retired. RV and Dungey are fighting over a Championship when they should really be fighting over who is going to round out the last spot on the podium.
The NBA is still awesome! That's like saying it has been shit since Bird and Magic retired...or West and Wilt....Time moves on--the further away you get from playing (or riding lol), the closer you get to "history." GO LAKERS!!!!
4/2/2010 11:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2010 11:28pm
Took you a while to look those words up, did it? lol. Hard to say Reed is on the downslope after his Daytona presence. and LOL at you saying sorry I took it personal when you called me an asshole....ur a class act, cabron
Racer111
4/2/2010 11:47pm
The NBA is still awesome! That's like saying it has been shit since Bird and Magic retired...or West and Wilt....Time moves on--the further away you get...
The NBA is still awesome! That's like saying it has been shit since Bird and Magic retired...or West and Wilt....Time moves on--the further away you get from playing (or riding lol), the closer you get to "history." GO LAKERS!!!!
The NBA is ok, not awesome! Just so you know at the first game of the season this year they were talking about the NBA's "Nielsen" ratings after Magic and Bird retired were still climbing do to Jordan. SINCE Jordan retired, there has been a 37% drop on the Nielson ratings. Even with Bryant, Wade, James, Durant etc....they still do not draw what ONE man named Jordan did.
Uncleof2
4/3/2010 1:14am
Bubba and Reed started the season just like everyone else. Not anyone's fault they couldn't stay in the running, but themselves. The top two riders of 2010 SX are out there giving their all for the fans and I for one think it is every bit as exciting as last year. I don't know if the opening title was a cast or what you believe, but not having a couple of guys who crashed out not in it isn't silly at all, it happens every year. Whether or not Reed or Stewart would be winning right now is all conjecture and SILLY to even bring up. Looking forward to the final rounds, and who is the SX King for 2010, I can only guarantee it won't be Bubba, Reed, Tiger, or MJ.Smile
4/3/2010 8:07am
Uncleof2 wrote:
Bubba and Reed started the season just like everyone else. Not anyone's fault they couldn't stay in the running, but themselves. The top two riders of...
Bubba and Reed started the season just like everyone else. Not anyone's fault they couldn't stay in the running, but themselves. The top two riders of 2010 SX are out there giving their all for the fans and I for one think it is every bit as exciting as last year. I don't know if the opening title was a cast or what you believe, but not having a couple of guys who crashed out not in it isn't silly at all, it happens every year. Whether or not Reed or Stewart would be winning right now is all conjecture and SILLY to even bring up. Looking forward to the final rounds, and who is the SX King for 2010, I can only guarantee it won't be Bubba, Reed, Tiger, or MJ.Smile
X2. The initial post said that this season is boring?
4/3/2010 8:15am
Um..."what if...?" lol

It's r[b]i[/b]diculousness and tangent[b]i[/b]al, smart guy.... I got it....:whistle: Personal? No hard feelings--sorry you took it that way--it's all good...I only took exception with your last...
It's ridiculousness and tangential, smart guy....
I got it....Whistling
Personal? No hard feelings--sorry you took it that way--it's all good...I only took exception with your last comment--which was condescending and indicative of a supercilious attitude
I, personally, think Reed and Stewart just might be on the downside of their careers (Reed more than Stewart) and we just might be witnessing a "changing of the guard," that's all. To slight the whole season because a couple of the "possible" front-runners are MIA is mistaken IMO. I believe Poto and Dungey (and Canard? and Grant? and Pourcel? and Barcia? and Stroup?) might have something for JS and CR pretty soon, if not now...
Carry on....

Just sayin:
Tangental
tan·gen·tial (tn-jnshl) also tan·gen·tal (-jntl)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or moving along or in the direction of a tangent.
2. Merely touching or slightly connected.
3. Only superficially relevant; divergent:

Carry on...
4/3/2010 8:19am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2010 8:20am
Uncleof2 wrote:
Bubba and Reed started the season just like everyone else. Not anyone's fault they couldn't stay in the running, but themselves. The top two riders of...
X2. The initial post said that this season is boring?
Far from boring just not as exciting would be my opinion. Of course it would be as exciting if my nephew was in 2nd place, but to say not having arguably the 2 top guys in it and that it happens every year seems to be SILLY to me.

Post a reply to: No Bubba or Reed = Silly Season

The Latest