No Backpacks at Seattle Stadium

BoostPastU
Just a heads up to anyone headed to CenturyLink Field this weekend. If you're like me, someone who goes there for the whole day to enjoy practice and such and likes to bring a backpack with him. You are only allowed to bring a clear tote bag in with you that is 12" x 12" x 6".

http://www.centurylinkfield.com/event/monster-energy-ama-supercross/

I wonder if this is just something that NFL stadiums do nowadays because I've been to Supercross races in years past and have always brought a backpack in with me.
|
Starcrossed
4/7/2017 12:30am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2017 12:38am
No backpacks anywhere. Get some cargo shorts. Wink

Can't even bring in a bottle of water usually. I'm sure the stadium concession take is kept in mind when making some of these rules.
TMessi111
4/7/2017 6:21am
Every other person was wearing a back pack in STL so it must be a stadium to stadium policy.
Chad McCan
4/7/2017 6:23am
NFL clear bag rules for NFL stadiums. St. Louis was no longer an NFL stadium.
Alex814
4/7/2017 10:22am
Minneapolis had that policy as well but it was not enforced because I saw several. And no these were not folks with industry passes or small children.

The Shop

JW381
4/7/2017 10:40am
So dumb. Thanks for the heads up. I've always had a backpack in the past. What a pain in the ass...
4/7/2017 10:41am
Saw this on the CenturyLink website Monday and was a bit bummed. Hoping to hit the road early enough in the morning to park close to the stadium.
Starcrossed
4/7/2017 11:03am
It sucked at Gillette, where it rained last year. I arrived early, and wanted to carry in a poncho, and some dry clothes, and have a place to put my hat, sweatshirt, and rain gear which I was wearing, when the day warmed up. I had industry passes, which didn't help, so ended up back and forth to the car a few times. Try to get a good parking spot as suggested above.
jrrundle
4/7/2017 11:08am
Saw this on the CenturyLink website Monday and was a bit bummed. Hoping to hit the road early enough in the morning to park close to...
Saw this on the CenturyLink website Monday and was a bit bummed. Hoping to hit the road early enough in the morning to park close to the stadium.
You can reserve parking here: https://www.parkme.com/seattle-parking

I'm parking at my office in SLU and taking an uber.

BoostPastU
4/7/2017 11:26am
Saw this on the CenturyLink website Monday and was a bit bummed. Hoping to hit the road early enough in the morning to park close to...
jrrundle wrote:
You can reserve parking here: https://www.parkme.com/seattle-parking

I'm parking at my office in SLU and taking an uber.

Uber or Lyft seems like such a good option!!! In reality you might spend max $20 for a back and forth trip compared to $50 parking at the stadium.
jrrundle
4/7/2017 11:39am
BoostPastU wrote:
Uber or Lyft seems like such a good option!!! In reality you might spend max $20 for a back and forth trip compared to $50 parking...
Uber or Lyft seems like such a good option!!! In reality you might spend max $20 for a back and forth trip compared to $50 parking at the stadium.
Yeah last time we did it, I believe it was 13.00 one way and 15.00 at night, only because they raise their prices based on time of day and event schedules.
Tenacious P
4/7/2017 12:01pm
I hate this kind of B.S.

I don't know why the fear-mongering began relatively recently (well, I guess you could blame 9/11) but for decades, nay, centuries humans have gathered together to be entertained in stadiums, coliseums, amphitheaters, ect.

It is ridiculous that everyone has become afraid of their neighbor and in response venues hire teams of poorly educated individuals at $6/hr with no ability to effectively profile potential dangers. Instead they create "foolproof" rules like clear plastic packs and metal detectors and treat everyone like criminals, further enforcing our fear of each other!

BTW for you anarchists out there, you can sneak just about anything into any stadium in the hood of your jacket/hoodie.
jrrundle
4/7/2017 12:24pm
I hate this kind of B.S. I don't know why the fear-mongering began relatively recently (well, I guess you could blame 9/11) but for decades, nay...
I hate this kind of B.S.

I don't know why the fear-mongering began relatively recently (well, I guess you could blame 9/11) but for decades, nay, centuries humans have gathered together to be entertained in stadiums, coliseums, amphitheaters, ect.

It is ridiculous that everyone has become afraid of their neighbor and in response venues hire teams of poorly educated individuals at $6/hr with no ability to effectively profile potential dangers. Instead they create "foolproof" rules like clear plastic packs and metal detectors and treat everyone like criminals, further enforcing our fear of each other!

BTW for you anarchists out there, you can sneak just about anything into any stadium in the hood of your jacket/hoodie.
Wasn't there a post on here about someone trying to sneak in a beer with their hood?
4/7/2017 12:25pm
jrrundle wrote:
Wasn't there a post on here about someone trying to sneak in a beer with their hood?
Yes, and it didn't work out so well for them Laughing
Spergen
4/7/2017 2:39pm
That is total bull ..... What will be next, having to walk through security with your pockets turned out and all your goods in a tray ? In my small and often wrong mind the idea of terrorism is to make the populace scared. Bearing that in mind have they not won ?
Vegas
4/7/2017 3:00pm
Spergen wrote:
That is total bull ..... What will be next, having to walk through security with your pockets turned out and all your goods in a tray...
That is total bull ..... What will be next, having to walk through security with your pockets turned out and all your goods in a tray ? In my small and often wrong mind the idea of terrorism is to make the populace scared. Bearing that in mind have they not won ?
Basically what they had us do at Glendale
peelout
4/7/2017 3:12pm
no backpacks? so where do all you hippies stash your herb and granola?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
4/7/2017 3:26pm
Spergen wrote:
That is total bull ..... What will be next, having to walk through security with your pockets turned out and all your goods in a tray...
If you didn't have industry passes in San Diego you had to go through metal detectors.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
4/7/2017 3:27pm
peelout wrote:
no backpacks? so where do all you hippies stash your herb and granola?
Vape pen with special oil, in your pocket, Bro.
4/7/2017 3:47pm
BoostPastU wrote:
Uber or Lyft seems like such a good option!!! In reality you might spend max $20 for a back and forth trip compared to $50 parking...
I'm thinking the Uber route too. I can't check in to my hotel until around 3 but hoping to swing it a bit earlier. I'm thinking I'll keep my truck at the stadium for practice, check in to my room, and Uber it back and forth for the night.

I'll be cruising around solo for this race, so if any of you dudes want to get together and drink a cold one shoot me a PM and we can get together at some point.
Acidreamer
4/7/2017 3:49pm
They let me in at indy with a bag check.. idk where you guys are getting off about the nfl rule
C_Hart3
4/7/2017 7:36pm
Do you know how hard it is to find a,clear bag last minute when you live in a state that doesn't have an NFL team or any team with the clear bag rule? They inforced the clear bag thing in Atlanta too, but also offered up a bag check, kinda like a coat check.
Ashleymx
4/7/2017 8:02pm
I went to A2 this year with a backpack no worries. Atlanta changed the rules this year for their last ever event at this stadium. Pretty stupid. We were lucky to notice the change before we went but a clear plastic bag isn't easy to find. We used a semi clear grocery store bag that they didn't like but because we had a one year old with associated items in it they let us in still. Seriously we couldn't find a clear bag big enough.
dedi684
4/7/2017 8:12pm
Glad the last sx I went to was in 1990.
bsharkey
4/7/2017 9:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2017 9:17pm
So what do they expect people to do carry blankets and a rain jacket around with them all day long that's lame

Post a reply to: No Backpacks at Seattle Stadium

The Latest