No Aftermarket exhausts in Cali - Senate Bill 435?

pie8man
7/15/2010 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/15/2010 12:25pm
Sounds like they are attacking the street legal noise/emissions issue with cruisers and sport bikes to me.

Rest assured that tackling the noise issue for our 4 strokes on public land is coming and Cali will pave the way.

If you are at all familiar with what they have done to custom built vehicle owners of hot rods and sand rails, those guys basically have to meet the current emissions standards and are putting catalytic converters and many other emissions parts on them so they can be registered.
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
7/15/2010 12:29pm
It has been said before,"If we don't regulate ourselves the government will"
40Plus_922mx
7/15/2010 12:35pm
What if it's got an aftermarket exhaust ridden by an illegal?
motogeezer
7/15/2010 12:38pm

You can get performance exhaust systems that meet the current dB standards.

They should just practice stricter enforcement of the noise laws already on the books.

There have been cops parked on Carbon Canyon Road lately, pulling over and sound checking all the loud-ass Harleys.

I say it's about damned time.

The Shop

mag23
7/15/2010 12:40pm
It's CA, come on guys...The most liberal place on Earth
buggz
7/15/2010 12:47pm
Then the iIlegal alien will be O.K , thats what our goverment does best ,make new laws to protect anyone here illegal. besides the illegal alien probably made the exhaust himself or one of their cousins
Blake
7/15/2010 1:04pm
Harleys and their god damn noise. There is nothing worse than the loudest POS that when WFO isnt going anywhere because its a no power hunk of junk. Same with these POS cars with noise makers like Geo Metros.

Kinda like a Briggs with no muffler. The other day some guy was bragging to me his 1100 POS had like 90 HP.

I was like fuck, if it was a 2 stroke it would have about 250 with a warranty, and then I pointed to his oil leak.

hahahahahahaha
Uncle Boogie
7/15/2010 1:26pm
mag23 wrote:
It's CA, come on guys...The most liberal place on Earth
Right in front of Austin Texas...which is a not to distant 2nd....
40Plus_922mx
7/15/2010 1:29pm
buggz wrote:
Then the iIlegal alien will be O.K , thats what our goverment does best ,make new laws to protect anyone here illegal. besides the illegal alien...
Then the iIlegal alien will be O.K , thats what our goverment does best ,make new laws to protect anyone here illegal. besides the illegal alien probably made the exhaust himself or one of their cousins
Pffft. Hahaha.

As we all know it ain't about trees, noise, or emissions. It is about COLD HARD CASH! The mismanagement of this state is now robbing it's legal tax paying citizens in order to fill the hole created by corruption in the first place. I say Judge Judy for Gov and Marilyn Mulian for Senate.

worcsracer808
7/15/2010 1:35pm
what the shit is wrong with California Law makers? they need to calm down and instead of making bullshit laws to create new problems, focus on existing problems?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
7/15/2010 1:38pm
I used to live in an apartment complex where a guy would leave for work at 5am on his harley and would literally do burnouts leaving the parking garage. Yet when I was checking the jetting on my bike (no more than half throttle blips for about 15 seconds) I get the cops called on me.

This, this is a stupid law though.
IntenseRider
7/15/2010 1:45pm
neverwas wrote:
That's the thing - they write these laws in such a general fashion, that something sneaks through like the CPSC lead law and all of a sudden the impact is much greater than anticipated.
7/15/2010 1:51pm
Pffft. Hahaha. As we all know it ain't about trees, noise, or emissions. It is about COLD HARD CASH! The mismanagement of this state is now...
Pffft. Hahaha.

As we all know it ain't about trees, noise, or emissions. It is about COLD HARD CASH! The mismanagement of this state is now robbing it's legal tax paying citizens in order to fill the hole created by corruption in the first place. I say Judge Judy for Gov and Marilyn Mulian for Senate.

You are spot on with that one.
7/15/2010 2:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/15/2010 2:07pm
neverwas wrote:
Yep, motocrossers exist in a vacuum. Completely oblivious to the severe aggravation loud farting dirt bikes felt by non riders who happen to live close to a track or trail.

So many good tracks closed around here 5-10 years ago, about the same time thumpers & straight-through exhausts hit the showroom floors.

The AMA turns a blind eye to the matter. They could set an example and require much stricter sound levels at the races. How many times have pros said that the 450's have more power than they can use? Properly muffling the bikes would solve two problems at once.

Noise isn't needed for hauling ass.. Ashley Fiolek seems to do OK.
Rooster
7/15/2010 3:15pm
They done essentially the same thing here in my city.

New noise regulations for motorcycles. If a cop sees an aftermarket pipe on your bike you WILL get pulled over and sound tested right then and there.

Oddly enough I never hear motorcycles around my house. The police and traffic helicopters are too loud and drown them out.
motogeezer
7/15/2010 3:24pm
Rooster wrote:
They done essentially the same thing here in my city. New noise regulations for motorcycles. If a cop sees an aftermarket pipe on your bike you...
They done essentially the same thing here in my city.

New noise regulations for motorcycles. If a cop sees an aftermarket pipe on your bike you WILL get pulled over and sound tested right then and there.

Oddly enough I never hear motorcycles around my house. The police and traffic helicopters are too loud and drown them out.
"Oddly enough I never hear motorcycles around my house. The police and traffic helicopters are too loud and drown them out."

I have a similar problem.

My next door neighbor rides a loud-ass Harley, and all the weekend group rides seem to start and end at his house.

He and all his riding buddies are cops, so bummer for me.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
7/15/2010 3:38pm
And you all scoffed at me saying why the two stroke left. Closed course or not, it is going to kill us all in 2012. Im telling you. Be warned and be ready.

Continue on the mfg manifesto and what Jody tells you. Its working out Great!
Crush
7/15/2010 3:47pm
I still can't believe how slowly the rules have been implemented... This year 101, then 98, then 96, then ...

Just make it 90 already, it's not about the pros, it's about the thousands of mxer's who ride on publicly surrounded land...

Post a reply to: No Aftermarket exhausts in Cali - Senate Bill 435?

The Latest