Nitro world games live! NBC

Jarrod458
Want to start of by making it clear I'm not bitching about the mx tv schedule. So how does a new event unproven get 3 hours on Saturday night prime time, and mx gets bounced around on Mav/nbc sports. Do "we" suck that bad????
|
RM127
7/16/2016 10:20pm
Bump this shit up!

You guys are missing some awesome shit. BMX best trick is beyond words.

The Shop

40Plus_922mx
7/17/2016 12:35am
Smooth presentation for their first one. Not two tricks then a commercial, then two tricks and a commercial like all the other stunt shows had become. And they saved the best for last. I was cringing every time they rolled up to the front flip ramp. Went off good. Just dudes pulling tricks and more dudes pulling tricks. The way it should be.
10000hrs
7/17/2016 3:36am
Seems like this might be an attempt by TP to take over the X games market from ESPN. Wonder if they will react.?
7/17/2016 3:51am
10000hrs wrote:
Seems like this might be an attempt by TP to take over the X games market from ESPN. Wonder if they will react.?
TP was probably fed up with X Games kind of throwing FMX to the wayside, a sport which he pretty much helped grow. I was disappointed by some of the judging though. The commentators kept throwing around numbers for difficulty and I wasn't sure if I should have a handbook for the event. Also, the prescribed tricks thing? It slowed the event way way down. The hallmark of TP's FMX days was riding fast so he could get an extra trick or two in his run. And the "doing tricks in order" thing was a bit lame. Felt more like a show rather than a contest.

I liked the event though. I stopped watching X Games when TP stopped competing since it is rather boring. But at this event he was like the conductor of the show in many ways. Kind of annoyed that no half pipes or those sorts of ramps were there as I think Tom Pages would have walked the field. The X normal, Y flips and Z whips makes the contest quite predictable because not everyone is good at whips, or flips etc. People should be able to play to their strengths when they compete. But anyway, as far as FMX contests go, it was okay. I liked that there wasn't dirt landings too because hopefully that reduced the cost a lot for the event.
GPearl
7/17/2016 6:47am
RM127 wrote:
Bump this shit up!

You guys are missing some awesome shit. BMX best trick is beyond words.
I disagree! I get that having the landing of the ramp be resi (the padded material) rather than wood is safer for the riders, but double and triple flip variations just seems too much like FMX - whatever happened to pedaling and pumping on a BMX bike?!

I was pretty disappointed with the parts of the event that I did watch - they sent the skaters through rapid fire and even the guy that won when he was interviewed said the landing of the jump was too small for the size of the gap and that he had been super anxious all day and was just happy to get the event over with. Just my two cents though.
Calihusky
7/17/2016 7:52am
I actually ended up watching all 3 hours and enjoyed it. Seems like TP definitely wanted to bring back the feel of X-games when they used to have FMX best trick. Ended great with the best trick of the night. The only problem is how do you top the best trick year after year without veering off into ultra dangerous territory?
7/17/2016 8:00am
Calihusky wrote:
I actually ended up watching all 3 hours and enjoyed it. Seems like TP definitely wanted to bring back the feel of X-games when they used...
I actually ended up watching all 3 hours and enjoyed it. Seems like TP definitely wanted to bring back the feel of X-games when they used to have FMX best trick. Ended great with the best trick of the night. The only problem is how do you top the best trick year after year without veering off into ultra dangerous territory?
You can't. Pastrana said if Duffy would have over rotated he would be dead.
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
7/17/2016 10:01am
I caught it on NBC and the BMX best trick and FMX best trick were incredible to watch. With the somewhat safer landing, those guys really went big.

Post a reply to: Nitro world games live! NBC

The Latest