Nike + MX

j100
5/26/2010 10:13am
that's great news for our sport.

next, we need Gatorade, Poweraid, ect.... healthy drinks for our kids.

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/26/2010 10:39am
Anaheim hype?
TeamGreen
5/26/2010 11:12am
GuyB wrote:
Anaheim hype?
I think the A-1 "Nike Boot" hype is what they're talkin' about.

I'm of the opinion that there's room for Boots that cost a bit more; but, are worth it due to all the "Next-Level" features that a boot like Nike has.
Huckster
5/26/2010 12:17pm
j100 wrote:

thats the first time I heard Gatorade and Poweraid and healthy in the same sentence...

The Shop

RACEGUY
5/26/2010 12:21pm
j100 wrote:

Huckster wrote:
thats the first time I heard Gatorade and Poweraid and healthy in the same sentence...
I thought the same thing.
John Birch
5/26/2010 12:22pm
Sugarwater and artificial colors arent good for kids?
sxf138
5/26/2010 12:24pm
j100 wrote:

Huckster wrote:
RACEGUY wrote:
Took the words out of my mouth. Those "healthy" drink say childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes all over them
RACEGUY
5/26/2010 12:49pm
Huckster wrote:
RACEGUY wrote:
sxf138 wrote:
Took the words out of my mouth. Those "healthy" drink say childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes all over them
Not if used as intended. (If you're gonna chug one of these things back and sit on your big fat ass, you're not using the product as directed).

A lot of serious pros still use Pedialyte or Gatorade/PowerAid mixed with water.

One of the best comments I've heard came from a nutritionist who said "does it come in blue? If it's dyed to colors that don't occur in nature, it's probably not the best thing for you."
Neutra
5/26/2010 2:58pm
GuyB wrote:
Anaheim hype?
TeamGreen wrote:
I think the A-1 "Nike Boot" hype is what they're talkin' about. I'm of the opinion that there's room for Boots that cost a bit more...

I'm of the opinion that there's room for Boots that cost a bit more; but, are worth it due to all the "Next-Level" features that a boot like Nike has.
Exactly.
How about Hurley gear? Hurley is owned by Nike. Did Tedesco said something about that in the pre season?
TeamGreen
5/26/2010 3:10pm
GuyB wrote:
Anaheim hype?
TeamGreen wrote:
I think the A-1 "Nike Boot" hype is what they're talkin' about. I'm of the opinion that there's room for Boots that cost a bit more...

Neutra wrote:
Exactly.
How about Hurley gear? Hurley is owned by Nike. Did Tedesco said something about that in the pre season?
He's got Hurley as a casual wear sponsor...

jasonv43
5/26/2010 4:02pm
Neutra wrote:
Where is Nike's position with our sport? Just wondering after the Anaheim hype. From Transworld Business: At its first analysts meeting in three years yesterday in...
Where is Nike's position with our sport? Just wondering after the Anaheim hype.

From Transworld Business:

At its first analysts meeting in three years yesterday in New York City, Nike CEO Mark Parker announced plans to grow sales by 40% to $27 billion by 2015 and broke down the size of its current action-sports brands. Excluding Hurley and Converse, which took in $200 and $915 million respectively during the last fiscal year, for the Nike action-sports brands, the fastest growing category in the company, net sales totaled $390 million last year and the Swoosh looks to double that figure by 2015 through growth in current channels and categories and adding sports like motocross to the mix and new lines like the 6.0 women’s collection.
Nike owns Hurley and Converse???

Never knew that.
TeamGreen
5/26/2010 4:26pm
Neutra wrote:
Where is Nike's position with our sport? Just wondering after the Anaheim hype. From Transworld Business: At its first analysts meeting in three years yesterday in...

At its first analysts meeting in three years yesterday in New York City, Nike CEO Mark Parker announced plans to grow sales by 40% to $27 billion by 2015 and broke down the size of its current action-sports brands. Excluding Hurley and Converse, which took in $200 and $915 million respectively during the last fiscal year, for the Nike action-sports brands, the fastest growing category in the company, net sales totaled $390 million last year and the Swoosh looks to double that figure by 2015 through growth in current channels and categories and adding sports like motocross to the mix and new lines like the 6.0 women’s collection.
jasonv43 wrote:

Never knew that.
And Kenneth Cole, too...right?
rmpilot
5/26/2010 5:09pm
Neutra wrote:

jasonv43 wrote:

Never knew that.
TeamGreen wrote:
And Kenneth Cole, too...right?
and bruno magli, they use it to sponsor famous retired athletes

Post a reply to: Nike + MX

The Latest