Nike Boots

Switch
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:46pm
They have been out for a while now, with Dungey wearing them through 2 championships. Anyone heard any whispers of when they will start selling them?

And not to hijack my own thead, but any idea when the DC gear that MC has been wearing will appear on shelves? (if it hasn't already)

Not much on "buying what they wear," but its always cool to see new things hit the shelves, such as Reed's Shift gear.
|
newmann
9/4/2011 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2011 8:07pm
Team Suzuki Ryan Dungey replica

FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/4/2011 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2011 8:33pm
Here is one of my posts from a few weeks ago answering pretty much the same thing you asked,regarding the Nike 6.0 boots.

"Last I had read on here...it took eight people one week to make a pair of those boots ( via GuyB ).
Prolly would cost a few grand if not more...for a pair I would assume.

Even if they went into mass production...prolly would cost you 500+ a pair knowing Nike.

My advice,stick with Alpine Stars.
"

The Shop

TeamGreen
9/4/2011 8:31pm
Funny.

You've asked about 2 lines of product that you won't be getting for Christmas...or...ever.
Switch
9/4/2011 8:34pm
FastEddy wrote:
Here is one of my posts from a few weeks ago answering pretty much the same thing you asked,regarding the Nike 6.0 boots. "[i][b]Last I had...
Here is one of my posts from a few weeks ago answering pretty much the same thing you asked,regarding the Nike 6.0 boots.

"Last I had read on here...it took eight people one week to make a pair of those boots ( via GuyB ).
Prolly would cost a few grand if not more...for a pair I would assume.

Even if they went into mass production...prolly would cost you 500+ a pair knowing Nike.

My advice,stick with Alpine Stars.
"
I agree. I actually have a new set of tech 10's on the way, just wondering if there was a plan behind the move to motocross. I dont see a business reason to spend that much money and R&D work for 2 riders and never made a production model, but that may just be he nature of the beast with a big name like Nike.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/4/2011 8:35pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Funny.

You've asked about 2 lines of product that you won't be getting for Christmas...or...ever.
Well hey man....
That gives me an idea for the Swap-Meet Market. Smile
Switch
9/4/2011 8:36pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Funny.

Exactly what my question is about.. will they ever make them? Seems like a long time since we have heard anything new as far as these two (Nike and DC) go.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/4/2011 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2011 8:41pm
Switch wrote:
I agree. I actually have a new set of tech 10's on the way, just wondering if there was a plan behind the move to motocross...
I agree. I actually have a new set of tech 10's on the way, just wondering if there was a plan behind the move to motocross. I dont see a business reason to spend that much money and R&D work for 2 riders and never made a production model, but that may just be he nature of the beast with a big name like Nike.
I would assume those boots made for James & Ryan were nothing more then to promote Nike 6.0 products in general.
Just an odd marketing ploy/bridge...if you ask me for Nike to expand it's apparel market.
However,you are seeing Nike6.0 carried by companies like MotoSport now.

These are what Dungey fans are supposed to buy. Smile
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/NIKE-60-ZOOM-REVOLT-SHOES-RYA…

Here are James...
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/NIKE-60-ZOOM-ONCORE-2-SHOES-J…
Switch
9/4/2011 8:41pm
Switch wrote:
I agree. I actually have a new set of tech 10's on the way, just wondering if there was a plan behind the move to motocross...
FastEddy wrote:
I would assume those boots made for James & Ryan were nothing more then to promote Nike 6.0 products in general. Just an odd marketing ploy/bridge...if...
I would assume those boots made for James & Ryan were nothing more then to promote Nike 6.0 products in general.
Just an odd marketing ploy/bridge...if you ask me for Nike to expand it's apparel market.
However,you are seeing Nike6.0 carried by companies like MotoSport now.

These are what Dungey fans are supposed to buy. Smile
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/NIKE-60-ZOOM-REVOLT-SHOES-RYA…

Here are James...
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/NIKE-60-ZOOM-ONCORE-2-SHOES-J…
Thats pretty much the reason I asked the question, seems like I've seen their name on a few sites recently. It would be nice to see a larger company like Nike take an interest in the sport, just my opinion though.

I figured they would sign a big FMX rider to wear their boots too, to get their name more into the "Xgames" world.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/4/2011 8:47pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2011 8:58pm
Switch wrote:
Thats pretty much the reason I asked the question, seems like I've seen their name on a few sites recently. It would be nice to see...
Thats pretty much the reason I asked the question, seems like I've seen their name on a few sites recently. It would be nice to see a larger company like Nike take an interest in the sport, just my opinion though.

I figured they would sign a big FMX rider to wear their boots too, to get their name more into the "Xgames" world.
Well they have taken "interest in the sport" at certain degree.....
But will the fans of the sport take a loyal interest in Nike just because JS7&RD's boot say Nike...?
Prolly not so much by the hardcore fans...if they don't release the boots at a competitive price.
That is why I find their marketing ploy a bit odd. Dizzy

On a side note....
I have a pair of the old Alpine Stars casual street/hiking boots,you know with the Dunlop tread...
I have prolly had them for 12 years or so,the things are in great condition and I have worn the heck out them.
Wading through rivers etc...snow,mud etc,I even put them in the washing machine.
In all reality they prolly outlasted a dozen pair of nike hiking boots & Keen sandals. Smile
The boots will prolly out live me. LOL
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/4/2011 9:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2011 9:22pm
Here's the thing...
The only thing I can think of it is an overall marketing ploy at Action Sports in general and not a so-called niche marketing ploy for the sport of MX/SX.Their sorta throwing their name out there in action sports and see what sports it sticks to in a sense,I guess.

June 1st 2011 NY Times article Quote.
"Action sports are a $390 million business for Nike, and executives hope that figure doubles over the next five years. Nike’s biggest competitors in the youth-oriented action sports arena include brands like Quiksilver, O’Neill, Volcom and Billabong. "

Mark Parker of Nike would make for a great Monday conversation read...regarding those boots & MX & SX. lol
chrisbuehler
9/4/2011 9:34pm
Just saw in a recent mag that six-six-one actually makes the Nike boot. Interesting
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
9/4/2011 10:17pm
Yep RacerX spilled the beans I believe, but it's TCX that makes them not 661.
Switch
9/4/2011 10:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2011 10:34pm
Just saw in a recent mag that six-six-one actually makes the Nike boot. Interesting
Great info, but that was easily the most annoying interview..uh..that..uh..Ive..uh..ev..uh..er...uh...heard...uh.......

Post a reply to: Nike Boots

The Latest