Nicolas Aubin ?? Anyone know what's up??

Ing
4/12/2010 5:54pm
Noticed the same thing. I thought the kid had serious potential. Strange how these things work out sometimes.
DL
4/12/2010 8:02pm
He was in So Cal during the winter and raced and practiceed at the local tracks......
DanDunes818
4/12/2010 8:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2010 8:12pm
DL wrote:
He was in So Cal during the winter and raced and practiceed at the local tracks......
Yeah..I'm just wondering if there's any "inside" info on why he pulls out of heats in the middle of them so much? And how he went from a contender to a back of the packer over the course of one off season. We all have a decent idea what happened to JLaw cause he lives in the states and we hear all the press but living in the states i seldom hear any inside news on guys from Europe. I haven't heard he's been injured at all and i'm pretty sure unlike Jlaw he didn't do any jail time.

I'm hoping one of Aubins countrymen like DV12 will check this thread out and fill us in.
mx.jah
4/12/2010 11:02pm
No nobody really knows, people are just assuming that is not that focus on his racing lately.

Girls, pot?? He's smart enough to keep low profile about his issues.

Last time he rode well was on a 450 at the nations, he should have moved up since.

The Shop

jo2910
4/13/2010 1:52am
Dude what's up with starting rumours of riders and pot??!!

The issue seems to be in his head. In 09 he was favourite with Simpson for the title. He had the bike, team... I think he put too much pressure on himself to win and when he didn't he lost his way, changed his training midway through the season and really lost all his confidence. I think he had a lot of crashes as well. He still has the raw speed but can't seem to put things together.

He changed team this year, moved near his team and trained all winter in the US and has Vimond as a coach and all looked good but again it crumbled and he lost his confidence completely.

I think he needs to switch to 450 where he has always been fast no pressure to do well and hopefully just try to enjoy it. Paulin was saying of him on freecaster that on Saturday he did a very fast lap and the next lap he was 7 sec slower yet he couldn't explain it himself he thought he had the same speed
mccread
4/13/2010 3:01am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:05pm
I've been wondering what's up with him? I've been (like allot of people) expecting him to be a serious contender for the last 2 years but...
I've been wondering what's up with him? I've been (like allot of people) expecting him to be a serious contender for the last 2 years but he's just pretty much disappeared from contention. The kid burst on to the GP scene and in 07. In 07 he actually won a mx2 overall GP(I think the Czech GP)beating Cairoli,Searle, and Cristophe Pourcel straight up. Then in 08 he won a heat or two and was on the podium enough to finish 3rd(behind Tyla and Tommy) in the championship. I thought he was one of the pre season favorites for 09 since Tommy ,Tyla and Cairoli all were gone from his class and he had a great bike and team behind him. Since then though he hasn't done anything. I actually think it's a toss up between Aubin and JLaw on who quits more often. The kid will show speed in warm ups but as soon as the gate drops for the heats you're always wondering how many laps he'll do before he quits or crashes out.

Just wondering if anyone on Vital has any inside info(paging DV12) that may explain why Nicolas has fallen off the pace so much?
I agree last year when he rode a 450 he was fast and beat DV and Aranda in the french nationals, I think he maybe should have moved up for 2010. He still has speed on the MX2 but can't seem to put it together, and with the new generation of Musquin, Roczen and Herlings maybe his time has passed in the MX2 class.

He still has the talent maybe he just needs to get the confidence going again, i thought working with Vimond would have helped him, Aranda got stretchered off in his heat so it wasn't a good weekend for Bud racing.
dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
4/13/2010 4:42am
Raw speed was there in february but the races were not great... Now his raw speed isn't good anymore and the races are even worse. Everytime he stalls the bike, he has to DNF. I don't think the 450 is the solution, there are technical solutions out there to help riders confidence and results, Bud Racing and Jacky Vimond just have to find them...
Sunhouse
4/13/2010 5:05am
He always either got horrible starts or crashed in the first turn. His speed and ability on the bike was unquestionable, but maybe his desire was gone?
I remember thinking seeing him in the pits in 08 thinking "he´s a little too cool", and in 09 he wasn´t cool enough to be cool as his results sucked.
bogdan912
4/13/2010 6:09am
Maybe he needs to get back on a Yamaha.
themrtoad
4/13/2010 6:19am
dv12.com wrote:
Raw speed was there in february but the races were not great... Now his raw speed isn't good anymore and the races are even worse. Everytime...
Raw speed was there in february but the races were not great... Now his raw speed isn't good anymore and the races are even worse. Everytime he stalls the bike, he has to DNF. I don't think the 450 is the solution, there are technical solutions out there to help riders confidence and results, Bud Racing and Jacky Vimond just have to find them...
electrical starter?

I don't know Nicolas personally, but he has a enjoyable and spectacular riding style and it's sad to see him riding around barely breaking top 20.

Motocross is a mental game as well, and wheter his problems depends on suspension setup, lack of power or just him loosing his confidence the team must communicate and find a solution. The situation right now can't be much fun for anyone = (

BTW DV12, what do you think of Cedric Soubeyras performance so far? I think he has done really well to score points in all 4 motos on a "privateer" 250 twostroke.
mx.jah
4/13/2010 11:31am
jo2910 wrote:
Dude what's up with starting rumours of riders and pot??!! The issue seems to be in his head. In 09 he was favourite with Simpson for...
Dude what's up with starting rumours of riders and pot??!!

The issue seems to be in his head. In 09 he was favourite with Simpson for the title. He had the bike, team... I think he put too much pressure on himself to win and when he didn't he lost his way, changed his training midway through the season and really lost all his confidence. I think he had a lot of crashes as well. He still has the raw speed but can't seem to put things together.

He changed team this year, moved near his team and trained all winter in the US and has Vimond as a coach and all looked good but again it crumbled and he lost his confidence completely.

I think he needs to switch to 450 where he has always been fast no pressure to do well and hopefully just try to enjoy it. Paulin was saying of him on freecaster that on Saturday he did a very fast lap and the next lap he was 7 sec slower yet he couldn't explain it himself he thought he had the same speed
I don't think you can call that starting a rumor when one says something with a (double) question mark. It's just mentioning a possibility. Might as well say nothing, true enough.

The main problem is the confidence, for sure, but how come did he lose it? It doesn't take a lot when you'r on top of the game to drop from 3rd to 20th.

Post a reply to: Nicolas Aubin ?? Anyone know what's up??

The Latest