Nick Wey 250 vs 450 video

ccoady454
4/25/2011 1:46pm
Count the 2T's or strokes for some of you anal ones on here
Sounds like a fat camp after a bean eating contest.
4/25/2011 3:56pm
I didn't watch the whole video. But I heard quite a few of both bikes. Is it cc vs cc? It sounded like an open class, cuz I heard some small cc 2 strokes out there and maybe a 500 2 stroke? So if correct, then it didn't do what many say, and didn't end the world with cc vs cc. It seemed like the 4 strokes were still in front, and seemed like fair racing. Am I missing something?
4/25/2011 4:21pm
I didn't watch the whole video. But I heard quite a few of both bikes. Is it cc vs cc? It sounded like an open class...
I didn't watch the whole video. But I heard quite a few of both bikes. Is it cc vs cc? It sounded like an open class, cuz I heard some small cc 2 strokes out there and maybe a 500 2 stroke? So if correct, then it didn't do what many say, and didn't end the world with cc vs cc. It seemed like the 4 strokes were still in front, and seemed like fair racing. Am I missing something?
Very few smokers...10-1 at least. I am of the ride wtf you want crowd but don't think that if I ride a 2t that the proud should or even want to.

The Shop

4/25/2011 4:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2011 4:29pm
I didn't watch the whole video. But I heard quite a few of both bikes. Is it cc vs cc? It sounded like an open class...
Very few smokers...10-1 at least. I am of the ride wtf you want crowd but don't think that if I ride a 2t that the proud...
Very few smokers...10-1 at least. I am of the ride wtf you want crowd but don't think that if I ride a 2t that the proud should or even want to.
English? Ok, so 10-1 on open rules. So our point is, the world didn't end right? Everyone here just fights tooth and nail when we say it should be 250cc and open. But as you see, very few ride the 2 strokes, even if allowed, and the 4 stroke still wins. So why all the arguing on that side then? Just curious. Why's that side so scared of cc vs cc?
4/25/2011 9:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2011 9:36pm
Very few smokers...10-1 at least. I am of the ride wtf you want crowd but don't think that if I ride a 2t that the proud...
English? Ok, so 10-1 on open rules. So our point is, the world didn't end right? Everyone here just fights tooth and nail when we say...
English? Ok, so 10-1 on open rules. So our point is, the world didn't end right? Everyone here just fights tooth and nail when we say it should be 250cc and open. But as you see, very few ride the 2 strokes, even if allowed, and the 4 stroke still wins. So why all the arguing on that side then? Just curious. Why's that side so scared of cc vs cc?
I am curious how come you can't comprehend what I typed when I said "ride wtf you want"? Apologies for not living on vital.
FlaNard
4/26/2011 12:41am
Ive never understood what some of you bitches are so afraid of. If two strokes suck so bad, then why should you care if they are allowed to race against 250f's? Why not allow 500's against 450's? I mean, if they are such shit, why would you care if there was a rule change? Allow them to race, more will be made, and everyone can ride what they want. Seems fair.
4/26/2011 4:18am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2011 4:19am
FlaNard wrote:
Ive never understood what some of you bitches are so afraid of. If two strokes suck so bad, then why should you care if they are...
Ive never understood what some of you bitches are so afraid of. If two strokes suck so bad, then why should you care if they are allowed to race against 250f's? Why not allow 500's against 450's? I mean, if they are such shit, why would you care if there was a rule change? Allow them to race, more will be made, and everyone can ride what they want. Seems fair.
They only scream and cry "ride what we want," because they know that with rules the way they are, that 2 strokes are on the chopping block. They are afraid of the cc vs cc rules, because there will infact be a resurgence. Look at the mx scene since the rules were put fair. It is getting damn near 50/50 what our side wants. That is why they are sore.

[quote]but don't think that if I ride a 2t that the proud should or even want to.[/img]
What I was speaking of. Don't understand what that means. Can you? Didn't think so. You have twice as many posts as me. LOL

On another note, anyone have a new dirtrider mag? Heard there is a "rumor Honda is setting up to return a CR250." Just hearsay on my part. I personally think when donkeys fly.
newmann
4/26/2011 5:50am
FlaNard wrote:
Ive never understood what some of you bitches are so afraid of. If two strokes suck so bad, then why should you care if they are...
They only scream and cry "ride what we want," because they know that with rules the way they are, that 2 strokes are on the chopping...
They only scream and cry "ride what we want," because they know that with rules the way they are, that 2 strokes are on the chopping block. They are afraid of the cc vs cc rules, because there will infact be a resurgence. Look at the mx scene since the rules were put fair. It is getting damn near 50/50 what our side wants. That is why they are sore.

[quote]but don't think that if I ride a 2t that the proud should or even want to.[/img]
What I was speaking of. Don't understand what that means. Can you? Didn't think so. You have twice as many posts as me. LOL

On another note, anyone have a new dirtrider mag? Heard there is a "rumor Honda is setting up to return a CR250." Just hearsay on my part. I personally think when donkeys fly.
"On another note, anyone have a new dirtrider mag? Heard there is a "rumor Honda is setting up to return a CR250." Just hearsay on my part. I personally think when donkeys fly."

Maybe they'll sell it in "kit" form like their 2 stroke shifter kart program engines. That way they can still be the big green ULEV monster. LOL
4/26/2011 5:57am
FlaNard wrote:
They only scream and cry "ride what we want," because they know that with rules the way they are, that 2 strokes are on the chopping...

Proud = pros. On my phone using swipe. Why would end cry ride what you want? The 2 stroke guys like you are the ones that cry, btw we have 2 in the garage so I am a ride what you want guy.

Wtf does post count have to do with it or is that just something else for you to be a bitch about?
SteveS
4/26/2011 6:04am
The anti-2-strokers are afraid of one thing. Nick Wey said it at the very beginning of his post-ride interview. "These things take more skill to ride."
Huckster
4/26/2011 6:25am
SteveS wrote:
The anti-2-strokers are afraid of one thing. Nick Wey said it at the very beginning of his post-ride interview. "These things take more skill to ride."
finally a guy who gets it.....you are so right. Honda and the OEMS are so worried that their guys are less skilled that they work hard to keep 2 strokes out of pro racing in fear of losing......
4/26/2011 6:40am
SteveS wrote:
Huckster wrote:
finally a guy who gets it.....you are so right. Honda and the OEMS are so worried that their guys are less skilled that they work hard...
finally a guy who gets it.....you are so right. Honda and the OEMS are so worried that their guys are less skilled that they work hard to keep 2 strokes out of pro racing in fear of losing......
.Lo not to mention those same guys rode the piss out of 50, 65, and 85's but they probably forgot how to ride one although wey did forget how to start one
4/26/2011 6:52am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2011 7:03am
SteveS wrote:
Huckster wrote:
finally a guy who gets it.....you are so right. Honda and the OEMS are so worried that their guys are less skilled that they work hard...
Do you truely believe Honda etc aren't scared to let 250cc vs 250cc and open class racing happen in ProAMA? If you do, I have a bridge to sell you in the middle of the ocean... I think DC said it best. Do we want Honda to get mad, take it's toys home and not play in the dirt with us anymore? Or something like that. LOL

I'm just glad the public is wising up and starting to see that KTM has good bikes. No need to ONLY buy what they force us to buy. Rode my first KTM this past weekend, and can't believe all the fuss about the no linkage that scared me for years. Rode really good, jumped straight and handled fine. Power was great as well. Of course if I rode supercross maybe I'd see it different, but pretty sure most don't. Now I'm just deciding on a 300 or 380?? Meaning, get a new 300 and be done, or get a 250sx and mod a 380 into it. I'm leaning to just getting a 300. For my next bike. KTM until donkeys fly, and can't say Honda could ever win me back. How many loyal customers have they lost?
SteveS
4/26/2011 9:12am
SteveS wrote:
Huckster wrote:
.Lo not to mention those same guys rode the piss out of 50, 65, and 85's but they probably forgot how to ride one although wey...
.Lo not to mention those same guys rode the piss out of 50, 65, and 85's but they probably forgot how to ride one although wey did forget how to start one
The Honda riders didn't ride an 85....

I'm not talking about the OEMs. Their reason is money. They charge more for four strokes and their parts. They make more money from the same number of bikes.

I was answering the question of why people on motoboards are adamantly against the two strokes.
4/26/2011 9:20am
Huckster wrote:
.Lo not to mention those same guys rode the piss out of 50, 65, and 85's but they probably forgot how to ride one although wey...
SteveS wrote:
The Honda riders didn't ride an 85.... I'm not talking about the OEMs. Their reason is money. They charge more for four strokes and their parts...

I'm not talking about the OEMs. Their reason is money. They charge more for four strokes and their parts. They make more money from the same number of bikes.

I was answering the question of why people on motoboards are adamantly against the two strokes.
Nor 2 stroke Honda 50 or 65 either. LOL.
Huckster
4/26/2011 9:33am
Huckster wrote:
SteveS wrote:
The Honda riders didn't ride an 85.... I'm not talking about the OEMs. Their reason is money. They charge more for four strokes and their parts...

are you really concerned about what anonymous people on a message board think about a particular motorcycle? Really? Is it that inferiority complex that makes you say, "takes a more skilled rider to ride a two stroke?" Just curious is Arnold Palmer a better golfer than Tiger woods because he used a smaller, wooden club? Is John McEnroe better than Roger Federer because he used a smaller wooden racket?

The reality is that the OEMS have killed the two stroke at the PROFESSIONAL level of racing....It wasn't my choice, your choice or the choice of the riders. The fact still remains that it is a done deal and most likely will not come back anytime soon. If you are discussing Amateur, local racing than this is a ridiculous waste of time. Last I checked no one is telling you what to buy, ride or race. Go ride your two stroke and have fun. NO ONE is stopping you. However, if you feel the need for self justification and self worth of that choice by having those at the top PROFESSIONAL level ride the same bike as you, don't hold your breath......
SteveS
4/26/2011 11:12am
SteveS wrote:

Huckster wrote:
are you really concerned about what anonymous people on a message board think about a particular motorcycle? Really? Is it that inferiority complex that makes you...
are you really concerned about what anonymous people on a message board think about a particular motorcycle? Really? Is it that inferiority complex that makes you say, "takes a more skilled rider to ride a two stroke?" Just curious is Arnold Palmer a better golfer than Tiger woods because he used a smaller, wooden club? Is John McEnroe better than Roger Federer because he used a smaller wooden racket?

The reality is that the OEMS have killed the two stroke at the PROFESSIONAL level of racing....It wasn't my choice, your choice or the choice of the riders. The fact still remains that it is a done deal and most likely will not come back anytime soon. If you are discussing Amateur, local racing than this is a ridiculous waste of time. Last I checked no one is telling you what to buy, ride or race. Go ride your two stroke and have fun. NO ONE is stopping you. However, if you feel the need for self justification and self worth of that choice by having those at the top PROFESSIONAL level ride the same bike as you, don't hold your breath......
No inferiority complex on my part. Sounds like you're one of those defensive four-strokers.

But as to the question of why the four-strokers on motoboards are so vehemently against the 2 stroke, I stand by my answer. They are not arguing professional motocross. They are arguing their personal choice. Kind of like arguing politics or Ford vs Chevy in a way.
Huckster
4/26/2011 12:06pm
SteveS wrote:
No inferiority complex on my part. Sounds like you're one of those defensive four-strokers. But as to the question of why the four-strokers on motoboards are...
No inferiority complex on my part. Sounds like you're one of those defensive four-strokers.

But as to the question of why the four-strokers on motoboards are so vehemently against the 2 stroke, I stand by my answer. They are not arguing professional motocross. They are arguing their personal choice. Kind of like arguing politics or Ford vs Chevy in a way.
as stated before, I owned both. I just sold my 06 RM 250 this weekend and decided to keep my 450. I simply feel safer and ride with more confidence on my 450. That is/was a personal choice. For me it is more "fun" to feel more confident. I never will bash 2 strokes but I will question why people blanketly make the statement that they are "more fun" because that is such a personal choice.........

You are right about the ford v chevy argument....pointless and usually done in order for one to feel better about their choice.....
mxb2
4/26/2011 12:10pm
FlaNard wrote:

newmann wrote:
"On another note, anyone have a new dirtrider mag? Heard there is a "rumor Honda is setting up to return a CR250." Just hearsay on my...
"On another note, anyone have a new dirtrider mag? Heard there is a "rumor Honda is setting up to return a CR250." Just hearsay on my part. I personally think when donkeys fly."

Maybe they'll sell it in "kit" form like their 2 stroke shifter kart program engines. That way they can still be the big green ULEV monster. LOL
I HEARD THE SAME THING!

Post a reply to: Nick Wey 250 vs 450 video

The Latest