Nfl Player dies riding dirt bike. Agent: Walker's death shows danger of dirt bikes

MotoMalyDad
Edited Date/Time 3/19/2016 1:40pm
WTF... No lights, dark clothes hitting an SUV.. So he wasn't on a track or trail riding. He was on a street in Miami .. Why not show the headline, " Riding a dirt bike on the street in the dark with no headlight and dark clothes is dangerous"..

NFL Player dies from dirtbike accident
|
RandyS
3/18/2016 11:02pm
Welcome to America 2016, Guns, SUVs, and dirt bikes kill people.
c_dub
3/18/2016 11:33pm
R.I.P. Mr. Walker.

Because there's always a narrative these days with the media and their love to demonize something. And demonize it in a general, broad, all encompassing matter to include as many people as possible. It's akin to blaming the gun with regards to gun violence. Never mind the particulars of any one incident. They don't matter. Let's just paint with as broad a brush as possible. Anything to rile up the populace.

See some of the comments regarding motorcycles in general below this article (which was linked in the other thread regarding this http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2625689-tray-walker-injury-updates-o…). Motorcycles will always be fighting an uphill battle with regards to acceptance. It's a damn shame most still don't realize the amount of joy motorcycles bring to many people's lives. And that those same people have the audacity to think they have the authority to tell other people they can't partake in this activity that brings them so much fulfillment. Or that motorcycles shouldn't exist. Troubling.
philG
3/19/2016 2:48am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2016 2:49am
i dont think the bike was the problem

The Shop

RG1
3/19/2016 3:08am
I'm pretty sure it shows the danger of recklessness and stupidity. It's a real shame, but if you're riding in the dark, with no lights, and no helmet on, then you're really asking for trouble
500 Mike
3/19/2016 4:24am
Don't ride your dirt bike.... on the street... after dark.... in dark cloths.... with no helmet. This solution here is easy but the media never wants to put blame on the individual, just the object, in this case a dirt bike. Maybe he had watched too many Wheelie Boyz video's. I guess we could blame that too.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
3/19/2016 5:12am
Water kills people. I move to ban any water under bridges, or maybe just water in general.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/19/2016 5:57am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Water kills people. I move to ban any water under bridges, or maybe just water in general.

Ban everything!!!!!!!
downard254
3/19/2016 6:00am
Ya know, there's just no cure for stupid. I swear this country is creating a generation of people who refuse to use the time honored thought process. Every action has a reaction to some degree. How much thought did he put into going out at night, off road bike, dark clothes, no protective gear, in traffic. I'll bet he thought it was more cool to do than what could result from doing it. Bash me if you want but the idea of it took me about a half second to determine its just a bad idea.
Spartacus
3/19/2016 6:31am
500 Mike wrote:
Don't ride your dirt bike.... on the street... after dark.... in dark cloths.... with no helmet. This solution here is easy but the media never wants...
Don't ride your dirt bike.... on the street... after dark.... in dark cloths.... with no helmet. This solution here is easy but the media never wants to put blame on the individual, just the object, in this case a dirt bike. Maybe he had watched too many Wheelie Boyz video's. I guess we could blame that too.
The media isn't to blame, they just give people what they want. If they didn't want it, they wouldn't pay attention to it.
419250f
3/19/2016 6:45am
Liberalism = the fork made her fat & the gun made him dead.
Anything but self accountability.
cjmx
Fantasy
1187th
3/19/2016 6:52am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2016 7:08am
419250f wrote:

Spartacus
3/19/2016 7:02am
419250f wrote:
Funny in that I would be considered very liberal by many here and I own countless guns and don't blame the fork and many of my friends think the same way......

Easy answers rarely are.

dcg141
3/19/2016 7:36am
For what is worth the reporter is getting raked over the coals in the comments section.
davistld01
3/19/2016 8:18am
They clean left out the "and he was behaving like an complete idiot" portion of the accident descriptive. Sheesh!

I agree with most posts here that, although I have compassion on the man's family for the death of this man, there is no excuse for a grown assed man acting like a fool.
Katoomey
3/19/2016 8:30am
Spartacus wrote:
The media isn't to blame, they just give people what they want. If they didn't want it, they wouldn't pay attention to it.
Really? Thats your logic? Tell your wife that when you feed your kid ice cream and cookies for breakfast. its not your fault, thats what they wanted. Or hell, give them cigarrettes and booze if thats what they want. How you could you possibly be responsible if that what yhey want.

Thats nonsense. Journalists, just like parents, have certain responsibilities, no matter.
akillerwombat
3/19/2016 8:54am
Katoomey wrote:
Really? Thats your logic? Tell your wife that when you feed your kid ice cream and cookies for breakfast. its not your fault, thats what they...
Really? Thats your logic? Tell your wife that when you feed your kid ice cream and cookies for breakfast. its not your fault, thats what they wanted. Or hell, give them cigarrettes and booze if thats what they want. How you could you possibly be responsible if that what yhey want.

Thats nonsense. Journalists, just like parents, have certain responsibilities, no matter.
I would love to live in the world you believe we're living in.

If journalists had responsibilities we wouldn't have Donald Trump (or Fox News). The News, like everything else in America, has become private business and the better the headline the more sales. Do some research.
3/19/2016 8:56am
Katoomey wrote:
Really? Thats your logic? Tell your wife that when you feed your kid ice cream and cookies for breakfast. its not your fault, thats what they...

Just like politicians have certain responsibilities? Whistling
newmann
3/19/2016 9:00am
Katoomey wrote:

I would love to live in the world you believe we're living in. If journalists had responsibilities we wouldn't have Donald Trump (or Fox News). The...
I would love to live in the world you believe we're living in.

If journalists had responsibilities we wouldn't have Donald Trump (or Fox News). The News, like everything else in America, has become private business and the better the headline the more sales. Do some research.
Odd that you left out CNN and MSNBC.Wink

Point is, that nonsensical article by a self proclaimed journalist and comments by the agent are just as wreckless as an guy riding a dirt bike on the street at night in dark clothes with no lights, helmet or consideration for what is going on around him.
akillerwombat
3/19/2016 9:05am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2016 9:06am
newmann wrote:
Odd that you left out CNN and MSNBC.;) Point is, that nonsensical article by a self proclaimed journalist and comments by the agent are just as...
Odd that you left out CNN and MSNBC.Wink

Point is, that nonsensical article by a self proclaimed journalist and comments by the agent are just as wreckless as an guy riding a dirt bike on the street at night in dark clothes with no lights, helmet or consideration for what is going on around him.
Oh for sure – they are biased as well! Albeit in my opinion a bit less than the likes of Fox news but we live in beautiful age in which for those searching for information have the internet and a vast number of outlets that are biased free for those willing to research... sadly, few people want to research and experience places with other views.
mx617
3/19/2016 9:09am
419250f wrote:
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
TeamGreen
3/19/2016 9:15am
I don't blame any one political viewpoint: I blame ignorant people.
3/19/2016 9:51am
It's pretty disgusting that people would use a man's death to make a political point. Some of you guys are absolutely pathological the way you tie everything to "liberals." Repetitive, boring, and stupid.
Spartacus
3/19/2016 9:52am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2016 11:41am
Spartacus wrote:
Katoomey wrote:

Yeah, true journalists do but not the "news commentary" that people seem to thrive on these days. Parent aren't paid to raise children but new outlets exists to make a profit. They clearly know what sells and are happy to feed it to those hungry for it. Case in point: FOX news and MSNBC.

People seem to what to hear what they already believe and human psychology supports that.
yzjs7
3/19/2016 10:02am
C'mon people the guy lost his life ease up.
akillerwombat
3/19/2016 10:14am
yzjs7 wrote:
No disrespect for the guy who died or his family – but an attempt to stifle an open (and fairly respectful) discussion about the issues at hand because someone lost their life is extremely counter productive.
philG
3/19/2016 11:09am
yzjs7 wrote:
No disrespect for the guy who died or his family – but an attempt to stifle an open (and fairly respectful) discussion about the issues at hand...
No disrespect for the guy who died or his family – but an attempt to stifle an open (and fairly respectful) discussion about the issues at hand because someone lost their life is extremely counter productive.
i would say that you lose things like keys and wallets ,

He chose to risk his life, and paid the price.. i wonder if Payton Manning decided to play in street clothes and got hurt , if people would condemn NFL as dangerous.

Post a reply to: Nfl Player dies riding dirt bike. Agent: Walker's death shows danger of dirt bikes

The Latest