News Tidbit: Nationals Race Order

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/9/2015 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2015 11:18pm
Boomshakalaka. The jungle drums are saying that the 450s will be the last moto all Summer long during the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. So they'll get the track at the roughest it is all weekend. Apparently this is something that Roger DeCoster requested, and it was approved at a team manager's meeting last week.
|
zehn
3/9/2015 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2015 7:34pm
I thought DC said that won't happen during the live NBC broadcasts? Is that true?
zehn
3/9/2015 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2015 7:35pm
Oh yeah, something something rough tracks, something GPs, MXdN, shoulda practiced later in the day...
hillbilly
3/9/2015 7:36pm
zehn wrote:
Oh yeah, something something rough tracks, something GPs, MXdN, shoulda practiced later in the day...
Yeah man,you get to grow your own
3/9/2015 9:27pm
what was the reason they swapped them in the 1st place?i remember reading but cant remember, twas a stupid one either way always more excitement for the 1st round/race for 450s

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/9/2015 11:53pm
cablecable wrote:
what was the reason they swapped them in the 1st place?i remember reading but cant remember, twas a stupid one either way always more excitement for...
what was the reason they swapped them in the 1st place?i remember reading but cant remember, twas a stupid one either way always more excitement for the 1st round/race for 450s
At one point it was for TV, but now it sounds like a non-issue.
CASH476
3/10/2015 1:04am
Clearly Honda's fault Smile
Thelen20
3/10/2015 2:06am
Thank god, 450's last is the way it should be imo
sandman768
3/10/2015 6:09am
Thelen20 wrote:
agreed: big boy class, big boy track conditions. while were at it, get a real sand track on the schedule and stop grading the tracks smooth everywhere, let some sections stay rough.
IWreckALot
3/10/2015 6:18am
cablecable wrote:
what was the reason they swapped them in the 1st place?i remember reading but cant remember, twas a stupid one either way always more excitement for...
GuyB wrote:
DC dropped a hint in one of the threads maybe last week that this was going to happen but I thought he said it was going to be 2016 before they made the switch.

I think this is the way it should be for many reasons. I'm glad that the broadcast is alright with it too which makes it a win win.
Atmos
3/10/2015 6:29am
It'll be great chasing down three or four different channels and web streams to watch the racing!
3/10/2015 6:59am
Atmos wrote:
It'll be great chasing down three or four different channels and web streams to watch the racing!
So you miss the days of the 7+ day tape delay?
IWreckALot
3/10/2015 7:28am
Atmos wrote:
I also forgot. Where is the TV schedule listed?

Here is a suggestion, get a DVR service like UVerse or Dish Network, and set the DVR to record all new episodes on the channels the races come on, and it's on autopilot. I hardly know which channel the races are on anymore. I just pick the race from my recordings.
ktm212
3/10/2015 8:10am
GuyB wrote:
Boomshakalaka. The jungle drums are saying that the 450s will be the last moto all Summer long during the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. So they'll...
Boomshakalaka. The jungle drums are saying that the 450s will be the last moto all Summer long during the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. So they'll get the track at the roughest it is all weekend. Apparently this is something that Roger DeCoster requested, and it was approved at a team manager's meeting last week.
soooooooo is this effecting the practice order? normally 450B, 450A, 250A, 250B
huck
3/10/2015 8:19am
Atmos wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I also forgot. Where is the TV schedule listed? Here is a suggestion, get a DVR service like UVerse or Dish Network, and set the DVR...

Here is a suggestion, get a DVR service like UVerse or Dish Network, and set the DVR to record all new episodes on the channels the races come on, and it's on autopilot. I hardly know which channel the races are on anymore. I just pick the race from my recordings.
Yep, same here.
RPM68
3/10/2015 8:27am
on a local level usually 250 A is moto 9-11 and 450 A is 18-22 depending on entries.

I think it should go back to how it was.
jeffro503
3/10/2015 8:27am
What!!??....I didn't know this! Smile
The Rock
3/10/2015 10:03am
cablecable wrote:
GuyB wrote:
As I recall what prompted the swap originally was the 250 class was so stacked that people were leaving after the second 250 moto and not sticking around for the 450s......but then again I've hit my head a few times too.
The Rock
3/10/2015 10:06am
IWreckALot wrote:
I also forgot. Where is the TV schedule listed? Here is a suggestion, get a DVR service like UVerse or Dish Network, and set the DVR...

Amen RE DVR.

I gave up on trying to get one of my best friends to get a DVR. He must really enjoy having his wife control the remote and channel hopping continously. How on God's green earth (provided you have a TV and service) can you not have a DVR in the 21st century?
Flatliner
3/10/2015 12:00pm
Thelen20 wrote:
sandman768 wrote:
agreed: big boy class, big boy track conditions. while were at it, get a real sand track on the schedule and stop grading the tracks smooth...
agreed: big boy class, big boy track conditions. while were at it, get a real sand track on the schedule and stop grading the tracks smooth everywhere, let some sections stay rough.
I'd love to swap that garbage Utah track for southwick.

Swan mx in Texas would make a great addition too.
Bigfoot
3/10/2015 12:10pm
CASH476 wrote:
Clearly Honda's fault Smile
Well yes. Decoster made the request when he was Honda team manager, it just took until now for the AMA to get around to responding. Wink
DC
3/10/2015 12:36pm
It took one meeting for the change to be made. we changed it before because live NBC motos started at 3 and that was the premier class. Now we start at different times (2 pm for Hangtown and GH) to hit those windows. Now every Moto is live and we can and will go back to the previous, pre-live TV format, only with live TV.
And yes, The Man asked. We all want to win again, and often.
DC
MX Sports
3/10/2015 12:40pm
...didn't start losing MXdN til we had to go switch things up!

I kid I kid.
Grieby54
3/10/2015 12:46pm
DC wrote:
It took one meeting for the change to be made. we changed it before because live NBC motos started at 3 and that was the premier...
It took one meeting for the change to be made. we changed it before because live NBC motos started at 3 and that was the premier class. Now we start at different times (2 pm for Hangtown and GH) to hit those windows. Now every Moto is live and we can and will go back to the previous, pre-live TV format, only with live TV.
DC
MX Sports
Great news, DC! Are all motos going to be broadcast on the same network or should we still be keeping an eye open every week for our DVR?
RPM68
3/10/2015 12:46pm
DC wrote:
It took one meeting for the change to be made. we changed it before because live NBC motos started at 3 and that was the premier...
DC
MX Sports
who put this guy in charge?

CoolTongue
DC
3/10/2015 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2015 2:24pm
First motos on MAV-TV, and free online www.promotocross.com. second motos on NBC Sports, and (I believe) free with registered cable providers or folks who sign up for the free NBC Sports mobile app... working on a modest paywall for foreign online watchers for second motos but not sure we will go that direction. Whatever it takes, we want everyone to watch and see our athletes and our tracks and facilities, and keep it free -- and find more prize money for the races.

DC
MX Sports
hillbilly
3/10/2015 2:34pm
Can someone explain why there isnt souvenir trailers for riders at the races like nascar?
motomike137
3/10/2015 3:11pm
DC wrote:
First motos on MAV-TV, and free online www.promotocross.com. second motos on NBC Sports, and (I believe) free with registered cable providers or folks who sign up...
First motos on MAV-TV, and free online www.promotocross.com. second motos on NBC Sports, and (I believe) free with registered cable providers or folks who sign up for the free NBC Sports mobile app... working on a modest paywall for foreign online watchers for second motos but not sure we will go that direction. Whatever it takes, we want everyone to watch and see our athletes and our tracks and facilities, and keep it free -- and find more prize money for the races.

DC
MX Sports
Thanks DC! I love that I get to watch live and I am totally impressed by the work you have done the last few years. Our series could not be in better hands imho.
Aron213
3/10/2015 3:20pm
Wonder if we can bribe DeCoster to ask for Gatorback to be put back on the schedule?
Mx97
3/10/2015 3:57pm
DC wrote:
First motos on MAV-TV, and free online www.promotocross.com. second motos on NBC Sports, and (I believe) free with registered cable providers or folks who sign up...

DC
MX Sports
Hope you can get the best out of it and have a great season DC.

PS: Won't mind paying for a good, reliable stream either.
Crush
3/10/2015 4:07pm
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
Australia will be stoked bud!

Post a reply to: News Tidbit: Nationals Race Order

The Latest