New video series you won't want to miss, Superfly (Episode 3 added feat. Team Peterson)

JM485
Edited Date/Time 4/3/2017 10:54am
Just wanted to clue everyone in on a new video series my buddy Matt at Elevated Actions Sports is putting on. The series follows along with pro hillclimber Austin Teyler, giving you an idea of what he does to get himself to the top of the game. I've raced with Austin for years and he and his entire family are just awesome, super nice people that nobody has a bad word to say about. Every time he makes a run at the hill you know you're going to get a hell of a show, there is no such thing as anything but full throttle for him on any bike, even an open-class bike. Matt has been doing so much for the sport of hillclimbing over the last couple years, and this video series is just another way he's pushing to bring the sport back into the relevance it once had. This isn't just old guys on cr500s anymore, it's a full on professional sport that's pushing riders and equipment to the max. Everyone is so fast now, and I can't believe how much the pace has changed in the last few years, it really is amazing how much better everyone has pushed each other to be. Hope you guys enjoy, I think this is an awesome way to get people familiar with the sport who may not be, and introduce it as a real discipline that takes an entirely different skill set then any other form of racing.

|
Skerby
3/10/2017 6:10am
Make hillclimb great again! I'm 100% behind this movement.
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
3/10/2017 6:25am
Pretty good production quality- fun to watch. Now let's get him off the teleprompter. I'm sure he doesn't speak like that naturally.

Good ambassadorial effort!
JM485
3/10/2017 10:03am
Skerby wrote:
Make hillclimb great again! I'm 100% behind this movement.
Thanks guys, glad you're enjoying it. Anyone who's made edits before knows how much work it takes, and I want to see this series succeed like it deserves to. Just trying to:

The Shop

JM485
3/10/2017 8:36pm
Shameless bump, I want these guys to get the recognition they deserve.
early
Fantasy
2231st
3/10/2017 8:57pm
That was actually alot better than i was expecting, good job!!!!!!!!
JM485
3/11/2017 8:29am
early wrote:
That was actually alot better than i was expecting, good job!!!!!!!!
That's what I'm saying, I don't think people are expecting much but they're going to be surprised if they actually take a look. Thanks for watching, glad you enjoyed it.
Trav138
3/11/2017 8:51am
That was good, well done.
Hillclimbing was big when i was a kid. Although the runs are intense, a lot of down time in between for participants at the events i went to. As a spectator it's a blast.
You also do a lot for the sport JM485, it's obviously a passion of yours as well, good luck and thanks for posting.
JM485
3/11/2017 12:10pm
Trav138 wrote:
That was good, well done. Hillclimbing was big when i was a kid. Although the runs are intense, a lot of down time in between for...
That was good, well done.
Hillclimbing was big when i was a kid. Although the runs are intense, a lot of down time in between for participants at the events i went to. As a spectator it's a blast.
You also do a lot for the sport JM485, it's obviously a passion of yours as well, good luck and thanks for posting.
Thanks Trav, glad you've gotten to experience the races. As a rider there is definitely a lot of down time, but like you said, for a spectator it's awesome to see the fast time just keep dropping and anticipate each run. Without fail, someone always puts down that one run that just makes your jaw drop, and then you realize you have to somehow go faster!Grinning

The community is another huge aspect of it. I've seen people let others ride their bikes, help with parts, shoot I've even changed fork springs for someone Friday before the races. It's really an awesome thing to be a part of and I'm hoping more people can experience it in the near future.
kaptkaos
3/13/2017 12:00pm
Maybe I am ADD but why do we need almost 2 min of super slow and boring intro and buildup to every moto video?

I couldnt watch the first 2 min, but the last 45 sec was real good.
3/13/2017 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2017 12:05pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Maybe I am ADD but why do we need almost 2 min of super slow and boring intro and buildup to every moto video? I couldnt...
Maybe I am ADD but why do we need almost 2 min of super slow and boring intro and buildup to every moto video?

It's all good I understand! This is our sport's first shot at a web series highlighting a top Pro, so in the first full episode we wanted to show some background and that he works hard everyday just like most of us. The rest of the series won't be like that..
JM485
3/13/2017 2:33pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Maybe I am ADD but why do we need almost 2 min of super slow and boring intro and buildup to every moto video? I couldnt...

It's all good I understand! This is our sport's first shot at a web series highlighting a top Pro, so in the first full episode we...
It's all good I understand! This is our sport's first shot at a web series highlighting a top Pro, so in the first full episode we wanted to show some background and that he works hard everyday just like most of us. The rest of the series won't be like that..
What's up Matt!Laughing
JM485
4/3/2017 10:57am
Episode 3 is up and it's a good one, check it out if you want to see some awesome pieces of hillclimb history and watch Bret and Austin tear up the hills of SoCal.

Post a reply to: New video series you won't want to miss, Superfly (Episode 3 added feat. Team Peterson)

The Latest