New to Phoenix, Arizona

the Pirate
6/13/2016 11:08am
Guys, I'm a slow, old vet rider that just moved to the Phoenix, AZ area and am looking for someone to ride with. Looks like ACP is practicing this Saturday and would be cool to check out. I'm down for mountain biking as well...
|
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
6/13/2016 1:50pm
I used to live there, but no more. Go check out Firebird Raceway too - that's over near you if you're in Chandler. Right off I-10, somewhere near the 202 loop.

Good luck with the weather, it's about to get hot! You should definitely take advantage of the early hours at most tracks - you want to be done by 10:00 am, for sure.
Isaish305
6/13/2016 1:57pm
I just moved to Phoenix also a couple months ago man. Canyon Motocross is a fun track to. I like to mountain bike at Dreamy Draw Recreation Area. The trail are not to hard there. And Canyon Motocross does not have any real big jumps and are open pretty regularly.
DavidR
6/13/2016 2:56pm
the Pirate wrote:
Guys, I'm a slow, old vet rider that just moved to the Phoenix, AZ area and am looking for someone to ride with. Looks like ACP...
Guys, I'm a slow, old vet rider that just moved to the Phoenix, AZ area and am looking for someone to ride with. Looks like ACP is practicing this Saturday and would be cool to check out. I'm down for mountain biking as well...
You can't be that slow. Looks like you're getting ready to own Canard in that pic. You'll be droppin' loads all over those Phoenix, AZ tracks in no time.
cslacker
6/13/2016 3:18pm
Falcon wrote:
I used to live there, but no more. Go check out Firebird Raceway too - that's over near you if you're in Chandler. Right off I-10...
I used to live there, but no more. Go check out Firebird Raceway too - that's over near you if you're in Chandler. Right off I-10, somewhere near the 202 loop.

Good luck with the weather, it's about to get hot! You should definitely take advantage of the early hours at most tracks - you want to be done by 10:00 am, for sure.
Firebird hasn't been open in a long time for mx.

The Shop

the Pirate
6/13/2016 4:07pm
Thanks guys, I think I've got the places to ride sorted out. What I need are some people to ride with.
Is anyone going to ACP for practice on Saturday morning?
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
6/13/2016 5:11pm

kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
6/13/2016 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2016 5:18pm
I like ACP. If you've never been there then you will be surprised its in a hole. Too bad Speedworld closed, pretty cool place too.

Ill go if you wanna meet halfway.
AZRider
6/14/2016 3:45pm
ACP is an awesome track. Also something to consider is Motoland in Casa Grande. They rip it deep every weekend morning and has multiple tracks. They don't change it much but it is a decent facility.
BobbyM
6/14/2016 4:42pm
120 degrees Fahrenheit this weekend. Holy fuck!!
Cygnus
6/14/2016 4:44pm
What you do wrong to shipped out to Phoenix? Hell with riding at 120. Get the lowdown on what titty bars have the best AC.
BobbyM
6/14/2016 4:52pm
Cygnus wrote:
What you do wrong to shipped out to Phoenix? Hell with riding at 120. Get the lowdown on what titty bars have the best AC.
Precisely....
motomojo
6/14/2016 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2016 6:27pm
oops
motomojo
6/14/2016 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2016 6:33pm
When it gets too hot to ride Phx come north to cooler country and ride Gopher Gulch MX near Kingman.
4600 ft above sea level secluded deep in the Aquarius Mountains beautiful scenery camping cool.
https://vimeo.com/channels/1058204

https://youtu.be/9LXi3qs2A0c

Looks better on you tube in full screen HD 1080p
the Pirate
6/14/2016 7:16pm
That track looks nice Motomojo, I'll have to take you up on that.
Cygnus, A/C? You told me in Stillwater at Hucks ride day, "the sweatier the better".

Thanks fellas, I think I'll check out ACP on Saturday about 8 am. Red ezup, old black tundra, 15 Honda crf450, #323. If anyone is going out, look me up.
6/20/2016 2:02am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2016 2:03am
Gopher gulch looks like a cool layout but dry as hell and hard packed.

I'm in Glendale. Bet rider and ride with a various group of guys. Feel free to shoot me a text. Would be glad to meet up and ride.

480-478-5838
craig
Drfletcher
6/20/2016 9:07am
That's the one thing about Arizona I miss, Speedworld and ACP. But you can keep your 120 degree heat.
motomojo
6/20/2016 12:28pm
Gopher gulch looks like a cool layout but dry as hell and hard packed. I'm in Glendale. Bet rider and ride with a various group of...
Gopher gulch looks like a cool layout but dry as hell and hard packed.

I'm in Glendale. Bet rider and ride with a various group of guys. Feel free to shoot me a text. Would be glad to meet up and ride.

480-478-5838
craig
Hi Craig
Thanks for your interest.
The track is certainly dry but there is no hard pack.
I have tilled this track about 8 inches deep and the dirt is some of the best i have ever ridden on and i have ridden a lot of dirt.
It has taken me 2 years and 5 months to get to this point.
I built it with just a small New Holland garden tractor with a loader bucket and a few 3 point attachments and a lot of hand work.
I'm 59 and care for my elderly mother so i only have about 3 to 4 hours a day to work on the track so things take a while to complete.

I would have thought riders from Kingman would have come out to help so they would have a nice place to ride close by but so far the only support i am getting is from Vegas and Lake Havasu and that is in the form of cash...which is good but some help on the track would help get things done faster.

I have a reservoir started and pretty much cleared of trees and brush but i don't have the equipment to move enough dirt to make the levee at one end and bowl out the rest to make a nice deep reservoir.
I had a guy out in Apr with some WORCS racers his son being one and he said first of June he would come and donate 2 days and build my reservoir and parking lot if i would rent him a Cat D-6 dozer so i was hoping by now it would be done and filling.
Of course i haven't heard a word from him since Apr so there ya go.
One the reservoir is done will start on the watering system consisting of Fire hoses & sprinklers.

As of now i only have riders out after we have had some rain but there are a few WORCS racers like Alex who want to practice on a dry track because in the WORCS series they do not water so him and a few others will come out to practice when it's dry.

Monsoons are about to begin so i will be having more ride days in the near future.
Would love to have you and you're group(s) up for a ride.

Everyone wants a nice place to ride but they want someone else to do all the work. I don't mind the work because when i ride i can appreciate the work and have a fun ride.
I charge no fees everyone rides for free if they want to donate some cash that helps if they want to donate time that helps etc...I am not looking to make a dime on this facility which includes another full track and a vintage/quad track. BUT.
I am not going to fund this facility i built it and will maintain it as long as it is being supported by those utilizing it.
If not enough support comes in i will just ride it myself and everyone else can go elsewhere.
I honestly don't care if anyone rides here.
I originally built it for myself and it turned out so well i figured others may like to ride it as well so i opened it to the public but have no problem shutting it down to the public.

Cheers
motomojo3@gmail.com
6/21/2016 12:39am
That's an awesome story. Much respect to you man!!
I have a couple friends that are operators and have built quite a few tracks. Let me talk to them. Maybe we could make a weekend trip and come help. Do you have access to rental equipment near by?
I may be able to pitch in some funds and also help out as well
motomojo
6/21/2016 2:03pm
That's an awesome story. Much respect to you man!! I have a couple friends that are operators and have built quite a few tracks. Let me...
I have a couple friends that are operators and have built quite a few tracks. Let me talk to them. Maybe we could make a weekend trip and come help. Do you have access to rental equipment near by?
That would be super.
I can rent just about any equipment we need from Kingman and have it delivered.
My main focus right now is getting the reservoir done so i can start filling it and parking i have an area cleared but need to move a lot of dirt around to level it all out so parking is nice and level and room for toy haulers and motorhomes.
to be able to maneuver around easily.
You can contact me at motomojo3@gmail.com or 928 293 0572

Cheers
6/23/2016 12:15pm
That's an awesome story. Much respect to you man!! I have a couple friends that are operators and have built quite a few tracks. Let me...
motomojo wrote:
That would be super. I can rent just about any equipment we need from Kingman and have it delivered. My main focus right now is getting...
That would be super.
I can rent just about any equipment we need from Kingman and have it delivered.
My main focus right now is getting the reservoir done so i can start filling it and parking i have an area cleared but need to move a lot of dirt around to level it all out so parking is nice and level and room for toy haulers and motorhomes.
to be able to maneuver around easily.
You can contact me at motomojo3@gmail.com or 928 293 0572

Cheers
I'm talking to my buddy about it right now. I'm going to give him your info. We will make something happen.

Post a reply to: New to Phoenix, Arizona

The Latest