New member of Two-Two Motorsports

Roostermx58
Edited Date/Time 11/4/2014 12:15pm
Chad Reed has announced that Michael Byrne will be joining team twotwo in 2015 alongside of Josh Grant. If you remember, Byrner was racing Unadilla in 2012 and leading for 10 out of 16 laps and suffered a lateral tibial plateau fracture.

How do you think Byrner will do this year with some support from his main Mate? Does this mean Chad will be hanging up the boots soon?
|
IWreckALot
11/4/2014 7:46am
Didn't Byrne help Alessi a lot with testing and bike setup? In either capacity, test rider or racer, it'll be cool that he's on the team.

I'm curious where Chad is mentally with racing if Byrne is hired as a racer. I have to imagine that Discount and other sponsors want a racer on the line at every race. Given Reed and Grant's ability to remain uninjured lately, I wonder if he's just going with strength in numbers?

They definitely get the award for the most accident prone team in the pits.
O___o
11/4/2014 7:50am
don't forget how fast Reed was going when he hurt his shoulder in SX. Roczen was holding him up. Reed is coming to A1 to win.
Roostermx58
11/4/2014 7:54am
IWreckALot wrote:
Didn't Byrne help Alessi a lot with testing and bike setup? In either capacity, test rider or racer, it'll be cool that he's on the team...
Didn't Byrne help Alessi a lot with testing and bike setup? In either capacity, test rider or racer, it'll be cool that he's on the team.

I'm curious where Chad is mentally with racing if Byrne is hired as a racer. I have to imagine that Discount and other sponsors want a racer on the line at every race. Given Reed and Grant's ability to remain uninjured lately, I wonder if he's just going with strength in numbers?

you're right, Alessi did hire Byrne to help him for SX, mostly to focus on the whoops.

The Shop

colonel
11/4/2014 8:29am
Reed is running Showa and Byrner is running Ohlins. He has a strong relationship with them as far as I know.
Ozzy
11/4/2014 9:00am
To clarify........
Michael Byrne is the right tool in the drawer so to speak!
They're both great pals 1st.
They're both loyal and trusting of each other.
The families are close too.
Byrner brings years of expertise to the fold.
Byrner will train with Chad, push Chad, etc.
Byrner will be involved in development, etc.
Again, the right guy for the job at hand.
Nothing beats experience, nothing.
#BringOn2015
tprice07
11/4/2014 9:02am
So a 1 man team just went to 3?
David Murphy
11/4/2014 9:59am
IWreckALot wrote:
Didn't Byrne help Alessi a lot with testing and bike setup? In either capacity, test rider or racer, it'll be cool that he's on the team...

you're right, Alessi did hire Byrne to help him for SX, mostly to focus on the whoops. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/11/04/69599/s1200_IMG_6419_1.jpg[/img]
you're right, Alessi did hire Byrne to help him for SX, mostly to focus on the whoops.
Best looking bikes on the grid I reckon.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
11/4/2014 10:04am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2014 10:04am
No doubt Burner is fast, but how old is he? Hopefully he gets better with age.
Sandberm
11/4/2014 10:26am
Surely, if Byrne is going to help with developement of the bike, they wont run different(Ohlins vs. Showa) suspension right?

So does Chad run Ohlins now?

Nice hire by the way. I enjoy listening to Michael talk on Matthess podcasts. Smart guy.
Roostermx58
11/4/2014 10:28am
IWreckALot wrote:

you're right, Alessi did hire Byrne to help him for SX, mostly to focus on the whoops. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/11/04/69599/s1200_IMG_6419_1.jpg[/img]
Best looking bikes on the grid I reckon.
Agreed and the graphics are pretty simple. The black/green/white looks really good!
plowboy
11/4/2014 10:52am
Cool news. Happy for him and 22MS.
Krazyk2774
11/4/2014 11:10am
Ozzy wrote:
To clarify........ Michael Byrne is the right tool in the drawer so to speak! They're both great pals 1st. They're both loyal and trusting of each...
To clarify........
#BringOn2015
This is great news! another solid rider with a great ride!
Bauer
11/4/2014 11:17am
They also hired Shane Drew, so it would seem that Chad is taking this whole racing thing quite seriously...
oilman400
Fantasy
2022nd
11/4/2014 11:23am
Was just wondering if Byrne has kids? i know Chad and Josh do, how cool would that be?
Darryl916
11/4/2014 11:26am
My GUESS, which is as good as any speculation around here, is that this is a 2 man team with one as a bonus. I'd say that bonus is actually going to end up being Chad who is most likely doing a farewell tour in 2015. From everything I've been seeing and his attitude at MEC,etc. I think he's all but done as a rider. I think for him the juice isn't worth the squeeze to try to be #1 anymore. And he doesn't show up to lose. He's always wanted to be #1. From what I know 2nd to him is failure. My opinion is he doesn't wanna try to climb that ladder anymore to be the best.

If I was a betting man I'd say he lines up for the first few rounds and gives it all he has to see where the field stacks up with RV out. If he doesn't podium right away or show himself and everyone else he's a championship contender I bet he will retire then and there. If for somehow he does put it on the box early and feels good I think he will at that point make a final run at a full season with champion in mind.

Totally my opinion (which means nothing really) but for the sake of bench racing, stamp it...

RandyS
11/4/2014 11:27am
Ozzy wrote:
To clarify........ Michael Byrne is the right tool in the drawer so to speak! They're both great pals 1st. They're both loyal and trusting of each...
To clarify........
#BringOn2015
I don't see #26 racing on that list?
RandyS
11/4/2014 11:46am
Ozzy wrote:
To clarify........
#BringOn2015
RandyS wrote:
I don't see #26 racing on that list?
Never mind, saw that it was answered on the other thread.
Roostermx58
11/4/2014 11:52am
oilman400 wrote:
Was just wondering if Byrne has kids? i know Chad and Josh do, how cool would that be?
Nope, just he and his wife Dani.
Roostermx58
11/4/2014 11:56am
Darryl916 wrote:
My GUESS, which is as good as any speculation around here, is that this is a 2 man team with one as a bonus. I'd say...
My GUESS, which is as good as any speculation around here, is that this is a 2 man team with one as a bonus. I'd say that bonus is actually going to end up being Chad who is most likely doing a farewell tour in 2015. From everything I've been seeing and his attitude at MEC,etc. I think he's all but done as a rider. I think for him the juice isn't worth the squeeze to try to be #1 anymore. And he doesn't show up to lose. He's always wanted to be #1. From what I know 2nd to him is failure. My opinion is he doesn't wanna try to climb that ladder anymore to be the best.

If I was a betting man I'd say he lines up for the first few rounds and gives it all he has to see where the field stacks up with RV out. If he doesn't podium right away or show himself and everyone else he's a championship contender I bet he will retire then and there. If for somehow he does put it on the box early and feels good I think he will at that point make a final run at a full season with champion in mind.

Totally my opinion (which means nothing really) but for the sake of bench racing, stamp it...

You're right. I've confirmed that he will hold the spot of a fill-in rider and used for training/testing. BOOM!
mark_swart
11/4/2014 11:58am
Darryl916 wrote:
My GUESS, which is as good as any speculation around here, is that this is a 2 man team with one as a bonus. I'd say...

I think you're on to something -- I'd bet he sticks with SX as long as he is mathematically in contention, then feels out the first few nationals but lets Byrne and Grant deal with the outdoors.
IWreckALot
11/4/2014 12:06pm
Darryl916 wrote:

I catch myself thinking the same thing but I start to question why I think that. We haven't really heard a lot out of him this off season which is abnormal. I think it's because he's busting his ass to get into shape. Sometimes the silence is a The last time I heard he hadn't started training yet. This was a month ago or so. I get the impression that Chad wants to manage a winning team more than he personally wants to win. I could see him pulling a Windham and calling it a day mid season.
logan_140
11/4/2014 12:15pm
Darryl916 wrote:

Just another person counting reedy out. Isn't that what everyone did last year? Go get em at A1 reedy oh and he put down 1 fast lap at MEC that was .2 off

Post a reply to: New member of Two-Two Motorsports

The Latest