New issues sitting in hospital

austin888_99
Edited Date/Time 2/4/2015 11:29pm
Just curious and sorry posts are all about me.lol anyways got my emg Friday. They said 5 6 and slight c7 nerve issues but wait to see what the nuerosurgery said. Then after my cpl hrs of sleep wake up Sunday at like 9 and can't use my left arm. Both were going numb with tons of pain when I'd cough now have pain to my elbow n numb to touch but needles on the inside of forearm n hands. Now I'm meeting with neurologist this am who is gonna do his own meg n believe they said a more sensitive Mir then consult back w nuerosurgery to try to get me impatient emergency surgery instead of making me Wat till Feb n they have already spoken w the head nuerosurgery doc I was scheduled w for Feb n he ordered the neurologist consult n additional test so even though I'm worse the process seems to have sped up
|
JPT
1/12/2015 12:39am
Damn son, that is a rough go. Hang in there, hoping for the best for you.
austin888_99
1/12/2015 4:39am
JPT wrote:
Damn son, that is a rough go. Hang in there, hoping for the best for you.
Ty trying to make it through. Breathing for panic attacks had to give in to percocet n morphine while here as much as I hate it
tomm55x
1/12/2015 4:45am
Wow man hope everything works out for you!! Don't feel bad about taking pain medication, it will help you get through it just don't become dependent on it and you will be fine. Get well soon bud!!
JPT
1/12/2015 4:45am
At this point stay ahead of the pain as much as you can. Don't blame you for feeling a little panicky, it's scarey stuff, but sounds like you're in the right place.

The Shop

austin888_99
1/12/2015 5:13am
Btw I misunderstood that they want an Mir that shows them more as in different images not a special one
bish153
1/12/2015 7:14am
You will be fine...I had a neck/back injury a few years ago...I had pins and needles in my arms and numbness on and off for a while. It's not worth getting in a panic about it, deep breaths and patients...keep us updates man...
Camp332
1/12/2015 7:27am
Hang tough, and take it real easy. Laugh at all of us knuckleheads, and keep us updated. You're gonna bounce back.
jndmx
1/12/2015 8:08am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2015 12:06pm
Damn dude....hang in there.
Sending some positive vibes your way John
1/12/2015 8:20am
I know this sounds dumb but have someone pick up some laxatives the opiate pills plug you up.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
1/12/2015 10:22am
Once they cut those bulged nerves out you will feel like a million bucks after the surgery, they are doing so many these days that they have it down pretty well. Hope your agony ends soon. It is hell until it's fixed.
ChrisB10
1/12/2015 11:40am
I was just at a neurologist today for some issues I've been having...hope it works out for you brotha it's not fun that's for sure!
austin888_99
1/12/2015 12:04pm
Well I'm trying to fight. Don't really have a choice. Camp I can't take it post seriously u forgot to call me bro. I'm already on stool softener but my fucking roommate has the bathroom tied up. Ty for the encouraging posts they really are appreciated and helpful. Btw my name is John and I'm from Austin Texas but live in Columbus Ohio now. Thanks again n thanks for linking the previous post cuz Idk how and I'm on my phone so probably couldn't even if I knew how
austin888_99
1/12/2015 2:49pm
Well head nuerosurgery doc that I was scheduled for February came in about an hour ago and said definitely spine problems so they got me on medicare since I can't work and is scheduling me for an appointment this week to go over the procedure and schedule my operating room and now my surgery will be done before the end of January. This is y in the beginning I seemed kinda set on surgery because I've fought this for so long and it's gotten so bad I'm just miserable all the time
Cancerman
1/12/2015 3:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2015 3:44pm
Good luck John, I'm having a SCS installed on Wed, I hope it helps my pain. It's been over 3 years. Do the breathing exercises and rest as much as possible, when they start PT, get after it. Pool therapy works great.
The Rock
1/13/2015 9:54am
What can we do to make your experience more tolerable? Portable DVD player, iPod, moto magazine subscription etc? Don't be bashful so let us know what the moto community to make the current situation more tolerable.

We're all in this together.
austin888_99
1/13/2015 10:05am
The Rock wrote:
What can we do to make your experience more tolerable? Portable DVD player, iPod, moto magazine subscription etc? Don't be bashful so let us know what...
What can we do to make your experience more tolerable? Portable DVD player, iPod, moto magazine subscription etc? Don't be bashful so let us know what the moto community to make the current situation more tolerable.

Thanks man but I'm wonderful. The words of encouragement and advice are more than enough. Not to sound like a bitch but I don't feel so worried and alone now. Through all of my threads ppl understand and aside from immediate family and docs normal non moto ppl don't understand shit. They don't understand this is excruciating pain not an ache. You guys do. Thank you so much everybody
jeffro503
1/13/2015 11:32am
The Rock wrote:
What can we do to make your experience more tolerable? Portable DVD player, iPod, moto magazine subscription etc? Don't be bashful so let us know what...

Thanks man but I'm wonderful. The words of encouragement and advice are more than enough. Not to sound like a bitch but I don't feel so...
Thanks man but I'm wonderful. The words of encouragement and advice are more than enough. Not to sound like a bitch but I don't feel so worried and alone now. Through all of my threads ppl understand and aside from immediate family and docs normal non moto ppl don't understand shit. They don't understand this is excruciating pain not an ache. You guys do. Thank you so much everybody
Brother....they will find and fix that issue for you. And you'll be better than new after you get healed up. Keep your chin up man! Injuries just plain suck and they can kind of freak you out a little , especially when it comes to nerve stuff. I've had some slight damage to my neck and back both over the years , where I had the "pins and needles " going through my arms and upper legs. I never got surgery but went to the chiropractor quite a few times and then strengthened my muscles around those weak areas.....and it's ok now. I still to this day get little numb feelings in both the upper legs and arms.....but I've just learned to deal with it. If you are actually having pain.....don't worry man! They WILL fix you up!!
austin888_99
1/13/2015 6:46pm
The Rock wrote:

Thanks man but I'm wonderful. The words of encouragement and advice are more than enough. Not to sound like a bitch but I don't feel so...
jeffro503 wrote:
Brother....they will find and fix that issue for you. And you'll be better than new after you get healed up. Keep your chin up man! Injuries...
Brother....they will find and fix that issue for you. And you'll be better than new after you get healed up. Keep your chin up man! Injuries just plain suck and they can kind of freak you out a little , especially when it comes to nerve stuff. I've had some slight damage to my neck and back both over the years , where I had the "pins and needles " going through my arms and upper legs. I never got surgery but went to the chiropractor quite a few times and then strengthened my muscles around those weak areas.....and it's ok now. I still to this day get little numb feelings in both the upper legs and arms.....but I've just learned to deal with it. If you are actually having pain.....don't worry man! They WILL fix you up!!
thank you so much. I know I probably sound like a pussy butt the encouragement and knowinhg you aren't alone really helps. Anyways im back home and excuse the typing I really only have one hand working correctly and im on pain meds but the good news is I have suregery on the 27th. YAAAYY. I woulda never thought id be exited to have somebody cut into my neck but I cant wait. It looksd like they are fusing 5 6 and 7 and fixing the nerves. I cant wait and as much as it sucks im on the pain meds now and looks like I will be till after the surgery but you gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks so much everyone
jeffro503
1/13/2015 9:10pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Brother....they will find and fix that issue for you. And you'll be better than new after you get healed up. Keep your chin up man! Injuries...
thank you so much. I know I probably sound like a pussy butt the encouragement and knowinhg you aren't alone really helps. Anyways im back home...
thank you so much. I know I probably sound like a pussy butt the encouragement and knowinhg you aren't alone really helps. Anyways im back home and excuse the typing I really only have one hand working correctly and im on pain meds but the good news is I have suregery on the 27th. YAAAYY. I woulda never thought id be exited to have somebody cut into my neck but I cant wait. It looksd like they are fusing 5 6 and 7 and fixing the nerves. I cant wait and as much as it sucks im on the pain meds now and looks like I will be till after the surgery but you gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks so much everyone
No problem Austin! Hang in there buddy.....you will be over this in no time. And use them pain meds only when you need em! And get ff them as soon as you can. Lost one of my best friends a few years ago that got on them and it lead him down a dark dirty path right into using " H ". very few people do that , to that extreme......just tell yourself you'll got off of them ASAP!!

Keep your chin up.....progress is already on it's way!
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
1/13/2015 9:36pm
Oh man, I'm praying for you bud! Shoot, we're sorry this is happening, again praying for God to help you man!
dynohut
1/13/2015 9:40pm
Hang tough Austin, it gets better but takes some time. keep posting dude, you have a bunch of dudes that have your back on this page!
JM485
1/13/2015 10:26pm
Sounds like you have a plan going ahead now, which is good to hear, not knowing what lies ahead is the worst! I'm sure all will go well and you will feel like a million bucks afterward, so stay strong and we'll keep sending prayers!
Electro21
Fantasy
75th
1/13/2015 10:41pm
jeffro503 wrote:
thank you so much. I know I probably sound like a pussy butt the encouragement and knowinhg you aren't alone really helps. Anyways im back home...
You don't sound like a pussy. Stay positive and keep us updated on your progress. Get well soon buddy!!!
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
1/14/2015 7:11pm
Austin, how goes it today?
austin888_99
1/14/2015 9:00pm
burn1986 wrote:
Austin, how goes it today?
Going great. Thanks for asking. As I said im home now and have surgery the 27th. As JM said it is much easier now that I have a plan and instead of fighting pain just to go through another day of it I now fight is to get to the light at the end of the tunnel. Jeffro thanks for your kind words and as for the pain meds I help talk to recovering addicts so I am well aware of the evil that are opiates. That's why I didn't want to take pain meds at first but I couldn't take it. Actually when they had me on them at the hospital I slept better there in an uncomfortable room just because my pain was managed. I have been trying to walk around my neighborhood today just so I can stay somewhat mobile since I can do much. I don't want to let my whole body get lazy. I am actually able to use my left arm a little now. No weight or anything but I can move it a bit with its own power. Hey rock your offer brought a tear to my eye man. Thanks so much and I am so glad im blessed to have entertainment to get me through. That offer made me realize why I love the moto community so much. My mom and I were joking about a dude we know who is pretty much a leech that scams the system. Had he been asked that same question he woulda said yeah Play Girl Hustler and make sure the Ipod is an apple brand. Instead of the dvd you can just buy me a laptop. lol But seriously thank you sooo much guys. We are all brothas from anotha motha.lol Speaking of that I need to get my Pay Pal working to help out the dude whose house burned down. As much as I can that is. Obviously moneys a but tight now
austin888_99
1/14/2015 9:01pm
Oh and on another note w the paind meds. I am trying to do with as little as possible so instead of 2 tabs every 4 I have beend getting by with 1 every 6-8 hrs.
jeffro503
1/14/2015 9:32pm
Austin.....no worries on the kind words man. There are a lot of us here on this board that have been through just about every injury possible. We all know support is important to have.....even if it's just some random guy posting it on a message board.....there is a person on the other end that's typing it , and knows what you're going through. Plenty of guys on here have been through waaaayyy worse than I ever got , and my big one was over 3 weeks in the hospital. 5 days of being Tied down to a breathing machine and multiple broken bones , punctured lungs.....pretty messed up. If it weren't for my family and friends supporting me.....I seriously don't know if I would of made it. I was in so much pain that I just wanted it to be over with. But now , today......I feel great and am back on the freakin' bikes!!

So be thankful that you are at least able to be mobile. Many aren't that lucky. Take it day by day and that surgery will be here before you know it. The second after they stitch you up.....you'll already be on the road to recovery. And oh man.....you are gonna feel like a million bucks once your healed!! I promise!
Jeff alessi
1/14/2015 9:41pm
When I broke my back I thought I had two broken femurs n couldn't feel them take my boots off when I really had feet that looked like sluchys. You will be ok, as long as the docs say there's no serious damage it will all come back. Just hang in there.
jeffro503
1/14/2015 9:44pm
When I broke my back I thought I had two broken femurs n couldn't feel them take my boots off when I really had feet that...
When I broke my back I thought I had two broken femurs n couldn't feel them take my boots off when I really had feet that looked like sluchys. You will be ok, as long as the docs say there's no serious damage it will all come back. Just hang in there.
Jeffbro.....are you hitting the PIR pro shootout here this next summer? There is some good coin to be made at that little race. Seen you do it a couple years ago so I thought I'd ask.

Post a reply to: New issues sitting in hospital

The Latest