New game coming? Supercross 2018

Stuntman949
Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 10:53pm
|
DoctorJD
1/11/2017 11:19am
Milestone huh? Saw something about this last week, interesting.
1/11/2017 11:50am
I just noticed that too. there is another game called "Motocross | Chasing The Dream" that is in development by a small indie studio. I keep hearing rumors of a new MX vs ATV game as well. So this game makes a possible 3 new moto games coming in the next year or two.I'm looking forward to hearing more.
yzjs7
1/11/2017 12:25pm
oh ya now were talking

The Shop

Awood
Fantasy
4233rd
1/11/2017 12:41pm
If it's milestone it'll be another terrible game just like the MXGP. Will probably same terrible game with terrible physics just like The MXGP games are, MX vs atv is terrible as well as mx bikes. It's sad the further we get along with technology the worse these motocross games feel and the worse the physics get. I'll stick to Mx simulator For realism and reflex for fun.
flatout111
1/11/2017 12:47pm
If I could have a licensed Supercross game the equivalent of MXGP 2 I would be ecstatic!! I really enjoy their stadium series and they have the authenticity down perfectly, in my opinion.

Anyone see anyone from Milestone at A1?
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
1/11/2017 1:10pm
flatout111 wrote:
If I could have a licensed Supercross game the equivalent of MXGP 2 I would be ecstatic!! I really enjoy their stadium series and they have...
If I could have a licensed Supercross game the equivalent of MXGP 2 I would be ecstatic!! I really enjoy their stadium series and they have the authenticity down perfectly, in my opinion.

Considering the cross promotion going on between Feld and Nordic/Rainbow I sincerely doubt that will happen anytime soon. I'd be thrilled if they announced Milestone was creating an official game for Supercross but it's not going to happen.

DC has said on here before (I believe) that it'd be nearly impossible to do an authentic game because of all of the licensing that would be required from the tracks, riders, teams, manufacturers, gear companies, etc. but we've had it before with the EA Sports Supercross games, Championship Motocross, etc. AND Milestone/MXGP got it done for that series recently so it clearly is possible. I also think a good video game with a career mode centered around one of our pro circuits (supercross or the outdoor nationals) would be a positive thing for the health of our sport.

I love motocross video games so I'm looking forward to this new IP.
1/11/2017 1:17pm
DoctorJD wrote:
Milestone huh? Saw something about this last week, interesting.
Yep i think last week Craig his wife posted something about Milestone working with Christian for a new mx game!

New Milestone game, new Mx vs Atv game, and that LCQ studios game. Things are looking somewhat good in moto gaming!
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3676th
1/11/2017 1:23pm
flatout111 wrote:
If I could have a licensed Supercross game the equivalent of MXGP 2 I would be ecstatic!! I really enjoy their stadium series and they have...

731chopper wrote:
Considering the cross promotion going on between Feld and Nordic/Rainbow I sincerely doubt that will happen anytime soon. I'd be thrilled if they announced Milestone was...
Considering the cross promotion going on between Feld and Nordic/Rainbow I sincerely doubt that will happen anytime soon. I'd be thrilled if they announced Milestone was creating an official game for Supercross but it's not going to happen.

DC has said on here before (I believe) that it'd be nearly impossible to do an authentic game because of all of the licensing that would be required from the tracks, riders, teams, manufacturers, gear companies, etc. but we've had it before with the EA Sports Supercross games, Championship Motocross, etc. AND Milestone/MXGP got it done for that series recently so it clearly is possible. I also think a good video game with a career mode centered around one of our pro circuits (supercross or the outdoor nationals) would be a positive thing for the health of our sport.

I love motocross video games so I'm looking forward to this new IP.
This is what I don't understand.

The licensing...

I would rather have an open source style game like ALL of the ea sports college leve games were. Just give me editable riders and settings and some fake sponsors and I'll Mia my own teams and give riders attributes and names...

I could care less about the monster logos...

Give me Reflex physics + encore track selection and an ea sports roster management tool and we are set

Especially since we will never have a new game yearly
flatout111
1/11/2017 1:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2017 1:44pm
I can't see the video that well where I am. I see them taking reference pics like they did for MXGP. Is it def shown that is members of Milestone?

They have an affiliation with Monster in their other games. I don't know. They sure got every little license and detail right in MXGP 2. Maybe they worked something out thru Monster.

Very interesting. Official 2018 Supercross game. Hmm.
kott0n
Fantasy
3779th
1/11/2017 1:58pm
This is what I don't understand. The licensing... I would rather have an open source style game like ALL of the ea sports college leve games...
This is what I don't understand.

The licensing...

I would rather have an open source style game like ALL of the ea sports college leve games were. Just give me editable riders and settings and some fake sponsors and I'll Mia my own teams and give riders attributes and names...

I could care less about the monster logos...

Give me Reflex physics + encore track selection and an ea sports roster management tool and we are set

Especially since we will never have a new game yearly
Never thought of it like that. That sounds way better regarding doing 0 sponsors but you can edit everything.
flatout111
1/11/2017 2:36pm
What I've always wanted was the closest to a NBA 2k for our sport. Of course the budget would be much smaller. Thus far, to me, MXGP 2 has come the closest to doing that so to get an Official Supercross game from Milestone sounds like great, great news to me. We shall see. Nice to have them and Nordic making console games.
Jeremy_Matt
1/11/2017 2:46pm
Awood wrote:
If it's milestone it'll be another terrible game just like the MXGP. Will probably same terrible game with terrible physics just like The MXGP games are...
If it's milestone it'll be another terrible game just like the MXGP. Will probably same terrible game with terrible physics just like The MXGP games are, MX vs atv is terrible as well as mx bikes. It's sad the further we get along with technology the worse these motocross games feel and the worse the physics get. I'll stick to Mx simulator For realism and reflex for fun.
dude i totally agree with you, cant believe the games have gone backwards since reflex when it comes to the handeling of the bike.
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3676th
1/11/2017 5:53pm
Awood wrote:
If it's milestone it'll be another terrible game just like the MXGP. Will probably same terrible game with terrible physics just like The MXGP games are...
dude i totally agree with you, cant believe the games have gone backwards since reflex when it comes to the handeling of the bike.
mxgp2 on xbox one is way better than mxgp...a step in the right direction...when was the last time the mx vs atv series went forward and not back?
flatout111
1/11/2017 6:40pm
I think, overall, MXGP 2 is the best, most authentic and immersive MX game ever made. I really hope Milestone is behind this Official Supercross video game.
22Ryann
Fantasy
4098th
1/11/2017 8:05pm
That's cool,

Paige Craig also put some Instagram video of Christian getting scanned at A1.
Awood
Fantasy
4233rd
1/11/2017 8:32pm
You guys are retarded.
1/11/2017 9:18pm
Awood wrote:
You guys are retarded.
Chill bro. Just cus you love Mx Sim doesn't mean other people can't enjoy other MX games. Not everyone has the time to get good at sim so the Mx vs Atv series is good for them.
1/11/2017 9:20pm
I can almost guarantee that it's Milestone working on the game. If you look around in that video when they're getting pictures taken, there are white pieces of paper everywhere that says "Milestone video game". A 2018 SX game probably releases at the end of 2017 to hype up the 2018 season.
BobPA
1/11/2017 10:06pm
Awood wrote:
You guys are retarded.
You strike me as being the vegan of the video game world.
flatout111
1/11/2017 11:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2017 11:16pm
Awood wrote:
You guys are retarded.
I would much rather have a licensed Official Supercross game from Milestone than anything else. Sim included. I have Sim. Just not what I want in a game. I prefer a game with trained AI and where I play as the pros against the pros...like MXGP 2. But I digress...

Milestone go out of there way to replicate everything authentically. 22 riders on the gate, proper scaling,all the bikes, teams, riders, gear, everything is perfect. Competent AI, yes, the air physics need work but the ground physics and rear brake are beautiful.

Yeah, it does says Milestone video game photos on the paper. Plus they are scanning the rider's actual faces like for the rider selection screens in MXGP 2. That is something MVA never does.

Milestone is making a 2018 Official Supercross video game. SmileSmileSmile Oh wow. I am ecstatic about this!!
Thelen20
1/12/2017 5:08am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2017 5:08am
flatout111 wrote:
I think, overall, MXGP 2 is the best, most authentic and immersive MX game ever made. I really hope Milestone is behind this Official Supercross video...
I think, overall, MXGP 2 is the best, most authentic and immersive MX game ever made. I really hope Milestone is behind this Official Supercross video game.
Mxgp2 is impressive but I just can't bring myself to say that a MX game with a whip BUTTON is the best MX game ever. It's a shame too cause they got close with that one!!!

Whip button = deal breaker
flatout111
1/12/2017 6:07am
The whips are still canned in 2 but there is no whip or scrub button in MXGP 2. It is done with analog sticks. Again, it's still a canned animation but you CAN alter them to a degree. Plus having whips isn't everything to me.

To me, having a rear brake, better ground physics and a full licensed product with everything meticulously replicated and proper scaled tracks and bike speed are far more important factors than whips and scrubs.
Frodad78
1/12/2017 6:08am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2017 6:17am
Awood wrote:
mxgp2 on xbox one is way better than mxgp...a step in the right direction...when was the last time the mx vs atv series went forward and...
mxgp2 on xbox one is way better than mxgp...a step in the right direction...when was the last time the mx vs atv series went forward and not back?
Last time the MX vs ATV series went forward was with REFLEX. IMO, Alive and Encore were a step back. I know Reflex had its faults but I loved the tracks, the way you can tune the power on the bike and the fact that the lines you took around the Outdoor tracks actually mattered. Also loved how you could whip in REFLEX. Don't get me wrong there were some glitches that needed to be addressed but man it was fun.

I'm giving Encore a chance now so I can play these new tracks, my biggest complaint is the way the bikes handle. Its like you're riding with a flat tire.

I owned MX and MXGP as well and they are great games, but something about it lacks that fun factor that I get from REFLEX. I keep coming back to it.

Also the type of dirt in REFLEX affected the handling and traction. Love that.
flatout111
1/12/2017 6:14am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2017 6:15am
It isn't perfect but a Supercross game done as well as MXGP 2 with further improvements and development will be heaven to me. 2 is the only game where a rider actually looks like his real life counterpart in riding style. When I'm playing as RV I swear it actually looks like him on the bike. Not gear just how he looks on bike. Nevrr seen that in any other MX game.

Anyway I'm stoked for this and wouldn't be surprised if Milestone pulls off the whole license thing when some have said it's impossible.
kott0n
Fantasy
3779th
1/12/2017 6:23am
flatout111 wrote:
It isn't perfect but a Supercross game done as well as MXGP 2 with further improvements and development will be heaven to me. 2 is the...
It isn't perfect but a Supercross game done as well as MXGP 2 with further improvements and development will be heaven to me. 2 is the only game where a rider actually looks like his real life counterpart in riding style. When I'm playing as RV I swear it actually looks like him on the bike. Not gear just how he looks on bike. Nevrr seen that in any other MX game.

Anyway I'm stoked for this and wouldn't be surprised if Milestone pulls off the whole license thing when some have said it's impossible.
The presentation of the game is top notch. The whip button and heavy bikes kill it for me however.
flatout111
1/12/2017 6:23am
I think the biggest step for the MVA series is replica tracks. Huge step. Stoked to have those and especially for the Milestone official Supercross game.
Pepe
1/12/2017 6:30am
If it has Milestone, is the last level boss..... The Milestone Assassin?

Post a reply to: New game coming? Supercross 2018

The Latest