New addition...

MaicoJC1
Edited Date/Time 6/15/2015 7:11am
...to my garage. Picked up a new 2015 Beta 300RR today. Even though I have a decent little stable of vintage euro iron in my garage, I missed having a modern 2 stroke. Sold my 2008 KTM 250XC a little over two years ago and was quietly determining when and what 300 two stroke I'd be buying.

Picking it up ealier today:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to seriously ride it offroad for several months due a to serious medical issue that required major surgery on May 1, 2015. Nonetheless, I'll just sit and admire this red Italian beauty, and from time to time take it for short a spin in my back yard.

Loading it up and taking it home:

New Beta at home in the garage:

|
6/13/2015 4:16pm
MaicoJC1 wrote:
...to my garage. Picked up a new 2015 Beta 300RR today. Even though I have a decent little stable of vintage euro iron in my garage...
...to my garage. Picked up a new 2015 Beta 300RR today. Even though I have a decent little stable of vintage euro iron in my garage, I missed having a modern 2 stroke. Sold my 2008 KTM 250XC a little over two years ago and was quietly determining when and what 300 two stroke I'd be buying.

Picking it up ealier today:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to seriously ride it offroad for several months due a to serious medical issue that required major surgery on May 1, 2015. Nonetheless, I'll just sit and admire this red Italian beauty, and from time to time take it for short a spin in my back yard.

Loading it up and taking it home:

New Beta at home in the garage:

..thats beyond kewl...Smile
newmann
6/13/2015 4:21pm
You look "kinda" happy. Congrats on the sweet new ride. Ride report soon I hope?

The Shop

kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
6/13/2015 4:29pm
Dude, that is a SWEET bike! Congrats!
pete24
6/13/2015 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2015 4:42pm
lets talk about that 79 yamaha IT, in your garage
slipdog
6/13/2015 4:41pm
Like the new bike, but more importantly how are doing after the surgery?
MaicoJC1
6/13/2015 4:42pm
newmann wrote:
You look "kinda" happy. Congrats on the sweet new ride. Ride report soon I hope?
Yeah, I'm feeling pretty swell. Wasn't yesterday though, because I spent ALL damn day working on my 77 Penton 250 GS6 in my hot, sweltering garage -- rebuilt the forks, changed sprockets, routine maintenance that just needed to be done.

As far a ride report, probably won't be able to provide one until late September or early October. I'll spare you all the details of my medical issue, but suffice it to say if fell while riding, I'd be in the hurt locker and the hospital for a long time. First five weeks after surgery was the second hardest thing I've experienced in my life. Doing SOOOO much better this week (physically). Even so, I just want to wait until I get official clearance from my medical team.

As far as the bike goes -- all the bells and whistles on this bike are pretty cool. The E-start and horn are pretty boss -- haha! And the little and light spin I did take around my yard today convinced me that I made the right decision on buying a Beta. Another cool little fact about buying this bike is that I can get it tagged and if I need to add blinkers the wiring harness is already there -- just plug and play.

Newmann, how was Unadilla for you -- did you enjoy it. Haven't raced there in two years. All my buddies called me on Sunday and Monday to tell me that it was a great time.
MaicoJC1
6/13/2015 4:50pm
pete24 wrote:
lets talk about that 79 yamaha IT, in your garage
Actually Pete, it's a 77 Yam IT400D. And it's going up for sale tomorrow evening. Very solid bike, with lots of extras included with sale. Also have a 1980 Can-am 250 Qualifier III that I posted up for sale on craigslist, Marks vintage swapmeet, and my local AHRMA club's website.

Here's a few pics of the Can-am. Again, a very solid bike with an old army foot locker full of good extras included.

pete24
6/13/2015 4:54pm
no shit i had a 79 IT 175, and a 81 qualifier 250, o and i was young once too, son of a bitch!
MaicoJC1
6/13/2015 5:01pm
Yep, that damn age just creeps on you, and then your like damn when and how did I get this old??!! Sometimes it just plain ol' sucksPinchWink

BTW, thank you all for the compliments on the new bike.
6/13/2015 7:05pm
Something about those Beta's that really makes new owners proud. They seem to be the most posted of new bikes. It just occurred to me that they are the Ducati of off road bikes, an inherent sexiness and beauty that only an Italian artist can provide.
6/13/2015 7:19pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
can't beat a two stroke man...[URL=http://www.sherv.net/][IMG]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/happy/satisfied-smiley-emoticon.gif[/IMG][/URL]
can't beat a two stroke man...
I have. On my two stroke.
ledger
6/13/2015 8:08pm
Top photo = True love. Woohoo Good look'n bike and congrats.
jeffro503
6/13/2015 10:44pm
Congrats on the new bike ! I don't know much about the Beta's , but damn they are one cool looking bike!
bigmaico
6/14/2015 5:49am
John,

Great looking bike ! Hope you enjoy it when your recovered.

I'm in the same boat, hit a tree & it won! Broke back in 3 places.

Now I'll have time to fix the Maico's....LOL
scooter5002
6/14/2015 9:37am
That is a sweet looking ride, congrats. Sucks to have to wait so long to ride it, but it'll just make it better, once you get to throw a leg over it.
TX24
6/14/2015 12:42pm
That's really nice. I saw another one at our club grounds last weekend.
Project 2501
Fantasy
288th
6/14/2015 1:15pm
There are 2 Beta 300s in our group and I they are great bikes. I hop on them as much as their owners will let me.
Nighttrain
6/14/2015 2:21pm
I like your choice of bikes new and old, MaicoJC1. The Beta 300 is top shelf. Congrats.
MaicoJC1
6/14/2015 5:59pm
Thanks again fella for the nice words, much appreciated.

BigMaico, I hope you're making good progress with that traumatic back injury. Trust me I know how you feel. Like you, I can't wait to get back on the trail and get my 'trail ride' (family is originally from Texas) on again. And BigMaico, you're right again, when you're injured it sure is a good time to get caught up on those vintage bike projects and vintage bike maintenance I've been putting off for one reason or another. Can't believe how much I've accomplished in the past week. Get well soon!
bigmaico
6/14/2015 6:12pm
MaicoJC1 wrote:
Thanks again fella for the nice words, much appreciated. BigMaico, I hope you're making good progress with that traumatic back injury. Trust me I know how...
Thanks again fella for the nice words, much appreciated.

BigMaico, I hope you're making good progress with that traumatic back injury. Trust me I know how you feel. Like you, I can't wait to get back on the trail and get my 'trail ride' (family is originally from Texas) on again. And BigMaico, you're right again, when you're injured it sure is a good time to get caught up on those vintage bike projects and vintage bike maintenance I've been putting off for one reason or another. Can't believe how much I've accomplished in the past week. Get well soon!
John,

Thanks for the well wishes!

If I decide to sell the 83' 490 project you get first refusal rights!
MaicoJC1
6/14/2015 6:16pm
Brother, I'm trying to thin out my little herd right now. Just sold that can-am about 45 minutes ago. But by all means, PLEASE, let me know when and what you decide...Heh-heh!
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
6/14/2015 6:18pm
Those new Beta's are SuperSexy. Very cool scooter. Enjoy!
newmann
6/14/2015 6:35pm
bigmaico wrote:
John, Great looking bike ! Hope you enjoy it when your recovered. I'm in the same boat, hit a tree & it won! Broke back in...
John,

Great looking bike ! Hope you enjoy it when your recovered.

I'm in the same boat, hit a tree & it won! Broke back in 3 places.

Now I'll have time to fix the Maico's....LOL
Hit a tree? When, where? You realize you and Motocross Cat now actually have something in common.Smile Heal up!

newmann
6/14/2015 6:43pm
newmann wrote:
MaicoJC1 wrote:
Yeah, I'm feeling pretty swell. Wasn't yesterday though, because I spent ALL damn day working on my 77 Penton 250 GS6 in my hot, sweltering garage...
Yeah, I'm feeling pretty swell. Wasn't yesterday though, because I spent ALL damn day working on my 77 Penton 250 GS6 in my hot, sweltering garage -- rebuilt the forks, changed sprockets, routine maintenance that just needed to be done.

As far a ride report, probably won't be able to provide one until late September or early October. I'll spare you all the details of my medical issue, but suffice it to say if fell while riding, I'd be in the hurt locker and the hospital for a long time. First five weeks after surgery was the second hardest thing I've experienced in my life. Doing SOOOO much better this week (physically). Even so, I just want to wait until I get official clearance from my medical team.

As far as the bike goes -- all the bells and whistles on this bike are pretty cool. The E-start and horn are pretty boss -- haha! And the little and light spin I did take around my yard today convinced me that I made the right decision on buying a Beta. Another cool little fact about buying this bike is that I can get it tagged and if I need to add blinkers the wiring harness is already there -- just plug and play.

Newmann, how was Unadilla for you -- did you enjoy it. Haven't raced there in two years. All my buddies called me on Sunday and Monday to tell me that it was a great time.
Sorry to hear about health issues, hopefully all sorted and on the way to recovery. The new bike will provide motivation!

Unadilla was cool, and sketchy. We don't have those hills here in Texas and the braking and acceleration bumps along with the ruts got the best of me. My training program that includes riding two or three times a year probably needs a little tweaking.lol. But, I can at least now say that I have ridden Glen Helen and Unadilla.

Post a reply to: New addition...

The Latest