New Yamaha robot can ride motorcycles

Edited Date/Time 10/29/2015 6:57pm
This should be interesting...

|
10/29/2015 10:06am
Could you imagine racing one that makes no mistakes? That could get frustrating.
KB221
10/29/2015 1:11pm
I wonder what the podium speeches will be like
nonexistent, tell somebody like bowers hes gonna lose to a robot...

The Shop

10/29/2015 4:34pm
Ok, kinda scary but here comes the future kids, anyone else get goosebumps.???

I genuinely worry about tech and it's advances even though I applaud it.

Tbh this promo could have been timed better by yamaha with what's happening in Rossi world right now. Sick
10/29/2015 5:38pm
Ok, kinda scary but here comes the future kids, anyone else get goosebumps.??? I genuinely worry about tech and it's advances even though I applaud it...
Ok, kinda scary but here comes the future kids, anyone else get goosebumps.???

I genuinely worry about tech and it's advances even though I applaud it.

Tbh this promo could have been timed better by yamaha with what's happening in Rossi world right now. Sick
I worry about the self driving vehicles and all those people out of work: taxis, limos, buses, 18 wheelers. I worry about McRobots and all those people out of work, the checkout kiosks at stores, I saw a machine that makes copies of your keys.

I don't worry about motorcycle-riding robots much though.
10/29/2015 6:44pm
Putting a robot on a road bike in a parking lot is a helluva different than a robot navigating a motocross track.

Designing a robot that could deal with motocross would be close to impossible I bet. Way too many variables. All those micro-decisions concerning available traction, body position, throttle control, braking, etc.
zehn
10/29/2015 6:57pm
Putting a robot on a road bike in a parking lot is a helluva different than a robot navigating a motocross track. Designing a robot that...
Putting a robot on a road bike in a parking lot is a helluva different than a robot navigating a motocross track.

Designing a robot that could deal with motocross would be close to impossible I bet. Way too many variables. All those micro-decisions concerning available traction, body position, throttle control, braking, etc.
Not to mention figuring out how to make it "see" the track, and be able to make decisions about what lines to take, predict bike movement, etc.

Post a reply to: New Yamaha robot can ride motorcycles

The Latest