New TLD helmet?

Edited Date/Time 11/22/2015 12:05pm

When I saw the photo of the day from Transworld, I saw something suspicious. The curvers and mouth piece look a lot different than the TLD helmets before... Does anybody know more? (It doesn't look like their bicycle helmet too, and that would be pretty weird anyways to wear during a moto)

/edit: You can also see some more pictures in the (super sick) black and white gallery.
|
Motofinne
11/17/2015 10:47am Edited Date/Time 11/17/2015 10:48am
That looks like a new helmet model, the SE3 is pretty old?

I would expect that we see in the near future a new Shoei helmet also.
11/17/2015 10:50am
Motofinne wrote:
That looks like a new helmet model, the SE3 is pretty old? I would expect that we see in the near future a new Shoei helmet...
That looks like a new helmet model, the SE3 is pretty old?

I would expect that we see in the near future a new Shoei helmet also.
Yeah these brands definitely have to step up their anti rotation system game.
visser62
11/17/2015 11:03am
On the Pulp show, it was mentioned that TLD thought that there were some flaws with the 6D system, and were planning on coming up with their own.
11/17/2015 11:32am
visser62 wrote:
On the Pulp show, it was mentioned that TLD thought that there were some flaws with the 6D system, and were planning on coming up with...
On the Pulp show, it was mentioned that TLD thought that there were some flaws with the 6D system, and were planning on coming up with their own.
On the last show?

The Shop

Calihusky
11/17/2015 11:45am
It was discussed on the pulp show with Bob Weber from 6D as guest. I think JT$ came on right after him to talk about Fly's MIPS helmet system. They then made mention that TLD was planning a new helmet that was supposed to address the whole concussion and rotation issue. It was a good segment if you wanted to learn more about helmet design and concussions.
Steadman
11/17/2015 12:03pm
[img]http://cdn.motocross.transworld.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/441/files/2015/11/seely1.jpg[/img] When I saw the photo of the day from Transworld, I saw something suspicious. The curvers and mouth piece look a lot different than the...

When I saw the photo of the day from Transworld, I saw something suspicious. The curvers and mouth piece look a lot different than the TLD helmets before... Does anybody know more? (It doesn't look like their bicycle helmet too, and that would be pretty weird anyways to wear during a moto)

/edit: You can also see some more pictures in the (super sick) black and white gallery.
Good eye!! That for sure is a new TLD helmet. I've always been a fan of their helmets. Wearing them for around 10 years now.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
11/17/2015 12:19pm
I wear my TLD helmet 24 hours a day

TMV
11/17/2015 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 11/17/2015 12:41pm
[img]http://cdn.motocross.transworld.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/441/files/2015/11/seely1.jpg[/img] When I saw the photo of the day from Transworld, I saw something suspicious. The curvers and mouth piece look a lot different than the...

Definitely not their bicycle helmet however the top of this helmet sure does look like their TLD D3.

Actually, the 3 horns are canals designed for air flow.
TMV
11/17/2015 12:53pm
disbanded wrote:
I wear my TLD helmet 24 hours a day [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/11/17/111639/s1200_moto_mow.jpg[/img]

My brother used to wear my Astars boots to trim the grass Laughing .
cayman
11/17/2015 1:03pm
'tain, rentre à la maison tout de suite, Benjamin. On s'emmerde, sans toi.
TMV
11/17/2015 1:06pm
cayman wrote:
'tain, rentre à la maison tout de suite, Benjamin. On s'emmerde, sans toi.
Laughing

11/18/2015 8:24am
Calihusky wrote:
It was discussed on the pulp show with Bob Weber from 6D as guest. I think JT$ came on right after him to talk about Fly's...
It was discussed on the pulp show with Bob Weber from 6D as guest. I think JT$ came on right after him to talk about Fly's MIPS helmet system. They then made mention that TLD was planning a new helmet that was supposed to address the whole concussion and rotation issue. It was a good segment if you wanted to learn more about helmet design and concussions.
Thanks man!
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
11/18/2015 9:19am
Not sure who that rider is but damn he looks fast!!
jaakee_
11/18/2015 9:53am
disbanded wrote:
I wear my TLD helmet 24 hours a day [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/11/17/111639/s1200_moto_mow.jpg[/img]

HA! this cracked me up
goonrider
11/18/2015 11:25am
I thinks it's the new Mugen helmet from Honda.
peelout
11/18/2015 11:33am Edited Date/Time 11/18/2015 11:34am
Steadman wrote:
Good eye!! That for sure is a new TLD helmet. I've always been a fan of their helmets. Wearing them for around 10 years now.
i had the SE helmets the first couple generations and while i loved the look and feel of the helmets i had two severe concussions in them (one in each). now, i'm not blaming my concussions on the helmets, but since moving to Shoei i've yet to suffer a concussion and have had plenty of similar/worse crashes. 6D or Shoei will get my money from here out
Steadman
11/18/2015 1:00pm
peelout wrote:
i had the SE helmets the first couple generations and while i loved the look and feel of the helmets i had two severe concussions in...
i had the SE helmets the first couple generations and while i loved the look and feel of the helmets i had two severe concussions in them (one in each). now, i'm not blaming my concussions on the helmets, but since moving to Shoei i've yet to suffer a concussion and have had plenty of similar/worse crashes. 6D or Shoei will get my money from here out
Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear haha, but I DO appreciate the feedback though. I had two of the first gen SE's as well, currently have a pair of the SE3's. I've been fortunate not to have any bad crashes where I've hit my head hard enough (knock on wood) oddly enough I was wearing Shoei lids for many years before I switched to TLD. Maybe I should consider going back.
Grieby54
11/18/2015 1:14pm
peelout wrote:
i had the SE helmets the first couple generations and while i loved the look and feel of the helmets i had two severe concussions in...
Steadman wrote:
Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear haha, but I DO appreciate the feedback though. I had two of the first gen SE's as well, currently...
Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear haha, but I DO appreciate the feedback though. I had two of the first gen SE's as well, currently have a pair of the SE3's. I've been fortunate not to have any bad crashes where I've hit my head hard enough (knock on wood) oddly enough I was wearing Shoei lids for many years before I switched to TLD. Maybe I should consider going back.
It's hard to say which helmet will work best based on personal experience. The worst concussion I've ever had came when I was wearing a Shoei, and the concussion I got with my TLD helmet was much less severe even though I think the crash was worse. Does that make the TLD a better lid? Nope. I have no idea which is better.
goonrider
11/18/2015 1:53pm
Steadman wrote:
peelout wrote:
Test results don't lie... your choice of helmets do not perform as well as you think.
Steadman
11/18/2015 1:53pm
peelout wrote:
Steadman wrote:
Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear haha, but I DO appreciate the feedback though. I had two of the first gen SE's as well, currently...
Grieby54 wrote:
It's hard to say which helmet will work best based on personal experience. The worst concussion I've ever had came when I was wearing a Shoei...
It's hard to say which helmet will work best based on personal experience. The worst concussion I've ever had came when I was wearing a Shoei, and the concussion I got with my TLD helmet was much less severe even though I think the crash was worse. Does that make the TLD a better lid? Nope. I have no idea which is better.
Points well taken. Too many variables I guess when it comes to helmets, impacts and such. I guess as long as the top brands keep moving forward with improved safety in mind we'll all be better off. I'll always stick with a good brand name though that is for sure.
Tpog496
11/18/2015 2:11pm
goonrider wrote:
Test results don't lie... your choice of helmets do not perform as well as you think.
Where are the test results you speak of?
mirramaxx
11/18/2015 2:49pm
I hope that is not the final version.. its perty ugly... May have to switch back to Bell...
mx836
11/18/2015 2:59pm
I feel like I've heard or read something about the new helmet a while ago and the name is going to be SE4 (shocker), but can't remember the source.
Grizz
11/18/2015 3:15pm
goonrider wrote:
Tpog496 wrote:
Where are the test results you speak of?
Yea seriously I'd love to see them.
HenryJ77
11/18/2015 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 11/18/2015 3:48pm

Looks...... Intresting

Love what they did to distract you with all the paint, like what is done to new and concept cars.
11/19/2015 7:50am Edited Date/Time 11/19/2015 7:52am
HenryJ77 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/11/18/111785/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Looks...... Intresting Love what they did to distract you with all the paint, like what is done to new and concept cars.

Looks...... Intresting

Love what they did to distract you with all the paint, like what is done to new and concept cars.
Yes! Seems like it also worked quite good. Hard to tell how this thing really looks like... But some things look very similiar to their MTB helmet, even though it's really hard to tell.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2035th
11/19/2015 8:53am

I think the "interesting" look could be for similar reasons as the photo above.

One thing I find interesting is that Bob (6D owner) is the man responsible for the TLD helmets. He was a big part of the TLD brand becoming a "distributer catalog" brand as well. I know this new "SE4?" helmet will be stelar looking when we see the reveal, everything they make is really good looking!
Highsider
11/19/2015 9:23am Edited Date/Time 11/19/2015 9:24am
I have no personal or monetary connection w/FOX, but my V3 and V4 are very comfortable.

"Features: – MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System). – Shell – Carbon Fibre Shell Construction. – 4 shell sizes and 4 EPS sizes for a precise fit."

wide open wally
Fantasy
3824th
11/19/2015 10:18am Edited Date/Time 11/19/2015 10:30am
Ive wore Troy lee, then shoei, fly F2 Carbon, then went back to my shoei. Out of those the shoei was hands down my favorite. I've took some good slams in it and was just fine. Since the last one I decided it was time for a new one. I'm curious in the new stuff bell has been working on so I ordered a Moto 9 carbon flex. Pumped to try it out.
11/22/2015 11:23am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/11/19/111846/s1200_Screen_Shot_2015_11_19_at_8.48.37_AM.jpg[/img] I think the "interesting" look could be for similar reasons as the photo above. One thing I find interesting is that Bob (6D owner) is...

I think the "interesting" look could be for similar reasons as the photo above.

One thing I find interesting is that Bob (6D owner) is the man responsible for the TLD helmets. He was a big part of the TLD brand becoming a "distributer catalog" brand as well. I know this new "SE4?" helmet will be stelar looking when we see the reveal, everything they make is really good looking!
He still is? I mean I know that he had his hands on the SE3, which you can clearly see when looking at the similarities of the 6D and SE3, but I'm not sure if he's still on the team now. Especially because someone wrote that TLD thinks that the 6D design has some flaws.

Post a reply to: New TLD helmet?

The Latest