New Suzuki team for SX?

MXerDW
12/5/2017 10:48pm
GuyB wrote:
New? Or Ronnie Stewart's team expanding?
It seems Ronnie is racing Honda's in 2018.
USMCMXer
12/5/2017 10:55pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2017 10:56pm
Moto_571 wrote:
Anyone hear anymore on this?
TallonT911 wrote:
Hanny will be on Suzukis with another rider possibly, dont know if that's the team they heard about or not though
Kenny Watson will be running the team effort, or at least guiding them/him. May just be Hanny???
GTCD15317
12/6/2017 4:16am
H.E.P motorsports, look them up on Instagram, they're clearly a new Suzuki outfit.

The Shop

TymeMoto
12/6/2017 4:29am
GTCD15317 wrote:
H.E.P motorsports, look them up on Instagram, they're clearly a new Suzuki outfit.
Yep it's them. 4 riders. Henry Miller, Kyle Cunningham and Dustin Pipes on 450's and Tallon LaFountain on a 250. Seem to have a semi, a large amount of new zooks, private Supercross track and support from FXR and 6D.
mb60
12/6/2017 5:11am
So does Matty B not have a ride as of now ? I know someone had posted pictures of him on a 2018 but nothing announced.
Paul333
12/6/2017 5:52am
JB 19 wrote:
It's amazing to me that Suzuki doesn't put more effort into figuring out some decent stock suspension settings. Their last 450 was very underrated and a...
It's amazing to me that Suzuki doesn't put more effort into figuring out some decent stock suspension settings. Their last 450 was very underrated and a big reason was the stock suspension was terrible for shootouts.

On the other hand, it makes for great bikes that can be bought dirt cheap.
While I understand that's how it is for media tests stock suspension performance is usually way down my list of priorities in buying a new bike. Anyone of a hundred suspension companies can fix it with a revalve, plus maybe new correct springs for my weight, tracks, riding style.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
12/6/2017 6:21am
Paul333 wrote:
While I understand that's how it is for media tests stock suspension performance is usually way down my list of priorities in buying a new bike...
While I understand that's how it is for media tests stock suspension performance is usually way down my list of priorities in buying a new bike. Anyone of a hundred suspension companies can fix it with a revalve, plus maybe new correct springs for my weight, tracks, riding style.
If the 2018 RMZ had electric start with the same weight as the 2018 bike without e-start, I'd go buy one tomorrow. I agree with you on suspension. I'd have it set up regardless. The RMZ is a great lower cost foundation to build up from. It's under rated in my opinion. Any rider working from a budget, the RMZ is a good choice. Super reliable, turns fantastic (= faster), lots of usable power. You can do some simple things to shave weight and truth be told they don't "Feel" heavy until you are lifting it onto the stand.

Truth be told, 99% of the riders out there won't be any better or worse based on what color bike they buy. It's just a personal preference and "keeping up with the Jones'" mentality.
12/6/2017 8:55am
mb60 wrote:
So does Matty B not have a ride as of now ? I know someone had posted pictures of him on a 2018 but nothing announced.
I hope he does
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
12/6/2017 9:31am
Paul333 wrote:
While I understand that's how it is for media tests stock suspension performance is usually way down my list of priorities in buying a new bike...
TbonesPop wrote:
If the 2018 RMZ had electric start with the same weight as the 2018 bike without e-start, I'd go buy one tomorrow. I agree with you...
If the 2018 RMZ had electric start with the same weight as the 2018 bike without e-start, I'd go buy one tomorrow. I agree with you on suspension. I'd have it set up regardless. The RMZ is a great lower cost foundation to build up from. It's under rated in my opinion. Any rider working from a budget, the RMZ is a good choice. Super reliable, turns fantastic (= faster), lots of usable power. You can do some simple things to shave weight and truth be told they don't "Feel" heavy until you are lifting it onto the stand.

Truth be told, 99% of the riders out there won't be any better or worse based on what color bike they buy. It's just a personal preference and "keeping up with the Jones'" mentality.
This.

Also, I'd wager that the RM-Z450 is far better than most people who have never ridden one would like to believe, based on shootouts.
JeepnMike
12/6/2017 11:26am
Clason posted a pic yesterday on a JGR 250F. He was thanking FX-R for their great gear, I was just thrown off by the JGR 250F.
flopper12
Fantasy
2296th
12/6/2017 11:49am
JeepnMike wrote:
Clason posted a pic yesterday on a JGR 250F. He was thanking FX-R for their great gear, I was just thrown off by the JGR 250F.
Maybe he is doing testing for the team since his drug ban?
GTCD15317
12/6/2017 2:19pm Edited Date/Time 12/6/2017 2:20pm
JeepnMike wrote:
flopper12 wrote:
Maybe he is doing testing for the team since his drug ban?
Clason is working for FXR during his suspension, it was just in racer x.
RCMXracing
12/6/2017 7:44pm
TbonesPop wrote:
If the 2018 RMZ had electric start with the same weight as the 2018 bike without e-start, I'd go buy one tomorrow. I agree with you...

Agree. I loved my ‘11 RMZ450, and there are things I miss about it compared to my KTM, two things, but about 4 things that I don’t miss where the KTM kills it. The front end feel, cornering and thinness at the shrouds I miss. Do not miss brakes, heaviness, ridgidness/headshake, and narrow grungy power band. Sounds like the ‘18 addressed all those things except weight. I’m pulling for Suzuki, but not with my wallet until it drops Lbs and gets E start. having said that last place in shootouts doesn’t mean much to me personally. I would buy one over several of the bikes that did better.
kkawboy14
12/7/2017 1:13am
I guess you called it correctly! The H.E.P. Suzuki Team. A4 man deal at that!

Post a reply to: New Suzuki team for SX?

The Latest